Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Does Intel=>Prices list only show goods you know about?  (Read 1406 times)

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Does Intel=>Prices list only show goods you know about?
« on: November 21, 2015, 05:00:30 AM »

I came across a pile of missions all wanting Rare Metals to the same destination, had a glance at my Intel->Prices in the hopes of finding some nearby, and noticed there was no Rare Metals listing.
I guess it's simply because I don't have any intel for Rare Metals, rather than the Rare Metals category actually being missing?

I think it'd probably be a good idea for the Intel=>Prices list to show all goods, whether or not you've encountered intel for their existence.

:edit:

Hmm, visited New Maxios (it supplies Rare Metals), yet they're still not listed in the Intel screen.  :-\
Are Rare Metals flat out missing from the Intel=>Prices list?!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 05:37:26 AM by TJJ »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Does Intel=>Prices list only show goods you know about?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 09:32:07 AM »

Only known prices, right. There's some calculation whether a given price is "worth showing", which includes whether the local prices is off the Sector-wide average, and whether you're currently aware of gluts/shortages. Showing all prices everywhere isn't a good option; things become insanely cluttered.

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 10:11:06 AM »

My problem is, the "Rare Metals" filter is completely absent.

Presumably it's because there's no data to filter?
I think for the sake of consistency, all the filters should be visible at all times - even if they don't show anything.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 10:17:07 AM »

I think for the sake of consistency, all the filters should be visible at all times - even if they don't show anything.
All the commodities have their price fluctuation shown, but only when there's data.  I agree with showing everything, though.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 10:17:34 AM »

Right, because there's nothing there.

Showing everything is, again, a major clutter issue. Especially if you consider stuff that mods might add.