Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Update questions  (Read 1266 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Update questions
« on: November 20, 2015, 02:04:58 PM »

1. Was ordnance points' number changed or it's just me not noticing before there's so much of them?
2. Two hundreds year old ships are better than new (or just newer - I don't know exactly how much of new ships are found or produced)? Itself it wouldn't be so bad, but those ships probably aren't museum pieces, thus they are put in use. It may be a stretch, but a two hundreds year old ship probably wouldn't run as good as back in it's time and definitely wouldn't be better than a just made one. Though the most problem I have with this it remainds too much of Wh40k's "ancient is better" style and I would rather Starsector be original whenever it can. :P
Then again, these ships maybe are just well made. Or well tuned by the finest Hegemony engineers and claimed as being original so as to use it for propaganda purposes.
3. Wasn't Tri-Tach a pre-collapse corporation? They certainly have some DoM leftovers and they wouldn't probably lose them just like that. :P
4. So the patrol doesn't have to be very near pirate you're attacking, just within certain range? How big is it?
5. Is the Hammerhead the only ship using hybrid mounts?

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Update questions
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 02:11:01 PM »

1. Was ordnance points' number changed or it's just me not noticing before there's so much of them?
2. Two hundreds year old ships are better than new (or just newer - I don't know exactly how much of new ships are found or produced)? Itself it wouldn't be so bad, but those ships probably aren't museum pieces, thus they are put in use. It may be a stretch, but a two hundreds year old ship probably wouldn't run as good as back in it's time and definitely wouldn't be better than a just made one. Though the most problem I have with this it remainds too much of Wh40k's "ancient is better" style and I would rather Starsector be original whenever it can. :P
Then again, these ships maybe are just well made. Or well tuned by the finest Hegemony engineers and claimed as being original so as to use it for propaganda purposes.
3. Wasn't Tri-Tach a pre-collapse corporation? They certainly have some DoM leftovers and they wouldn't probably lose them just like that. :P
4. So the patrol doesn't have to be very near pirate you're attacking, just within certain range? How big is it?

1. Some things, like energy PD, got tweaked down so the Wolf has a few to spare. I was wondering that too at first.
2. But the paintjob! Droooool. Racing stripes make cars go faster, after all.
3. No idea. I wouldn't say no to an advanced Paragon!
4. No idea, sorry.
5. I think so.

Aeson

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 02:19:15 PM »

1. Some things, like energy PD, got tweaked down so the Wolf has a few to spare. I was wondering that too at first.
The Falcon also gained 10 OP, though it's the only ship to have gained any OP since the last version and it also gained two new small mounts to spend the points on.

Yes.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 02:23:12 PM »

Because the newer ones are cheap knock off without the quality control of the Domain, or scrapped together from hulks...