Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: [.53a.1] Green Sun & Other custom factions [Campaign and Missions]  (Read 111246 times)

intothewildblueyonder

• Captain
    • View Profile

Start Avan in dev mode: true
press L
2500 exp granted
2500 exp granted
2500 exp granted
2500 exp granted
Avan gained rank
    Avan aim bonus increased, can now target today with release :P

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile

@intothewildblueyond What a Starfarer Nerd  ::)

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I look forward to this ... I will be working towards a personal Perentie, possibly taking along some of those cool Amanitas  :)

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums

well, looks like that worked, as I am now thinking a release just might be possible today... with regards to my timezone ;) I am in California though, so....

6 hours is the very earliest it can be out as I am also busy this afternoon, and that assumes rushing and cutting a lot of testing short (and I already found and fixed a crashbug, so testing is important...)  :P

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums

OK! good thing I spent all that time testing; I caught another crashbug due to a typo - I believe that is all of them - well, I hope it is. >.>

Anyways, here is a download link (as well as one on the original post) https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3061400/avanmodsv102.zip

If you find any bugs or weirdness or other issues, please report them - I'm going to try to put out a quick 1.03 patch this weekend to fix up any lingering issues. *hopefully* the fixes I applied to the Ceredian spawnpoints and fleets (And the addition of some counterfleets) will prevent them from completely overrunning the system like before.

1.03 will likely have some more spawnpoint & fleet composition improvements, along with an additional TT and Heg. spawnpoint.

(and yes, I touched up the Synapse sprite - going to get some screens probably tonight/tomorrow)

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums

And here is a screenshot of the touched up Synapse sprite (it corrects a lot of the flatness issue which seems to be caused by the sprites in starfarer getting rendered with lower constrast then they have outside of the program)

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums

I have now added an updated ship chart to the first page  ;)

intothewildblueyonder

• Captain
    • View Profile

you might want to switch the name of this thread to reflect the version compatability

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
Re: [.53a.1] Green Sun & Other custom factions [Campaign and Missions]
« Reply #128 on: August 21, 2012, 10:01:17 AM »

Derp - I made a typo there in the title (that 35a was supposed to be 53a) >.<

Thanks for catching that.

(Edit - also I worked on updating the sprite for the Pike a bit - it will be in the 1.03 update.)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 10:03:11 AM by Avan »

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2012, 10:28:43 AM »

"How much food could I get here at this Chinese buffet?"
"Perentie."

/forgive me

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2012, 02:45:32 PM »

Well, it looks like 1.03 will likely have 2 to 3 new ships (kitbashes of existing freighters; because... that is actually what they are in-game (Basically, think the Buffalo II/Condore/Etc type ships - I'm hoping to use them to round out the pirate fleets a bit more. For example, one of these is basically a tarsus with the front lopped off, a large ballistic mount (and a couple small ones) & associated equipment stuffed into the resulting cavity from the cargo bay, and one of the forward arms stuck to the side to provide room for a couple extra reactors to power the thing. Its sort of like a poor man's ballistic version of the Sunder.)

Also the Pike nolonger looks like a weird flat, blurry, thing... and actually has proper depth and detail. I'll be putting up pictures likely tomorrow, or maybe even today.

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2012, 08:31:15 PM »

New sprite for the Pike: (also includes a standard-looking mount, and I fixed the weird glitches with the weapon placement and bounding poly)

Vulture: A derivative of the Tarsus, it removes the fore section of the ship and places the equipment necessary to support a large ballistic hardpoint into the remains of the cargo bay. One of the forward arms is relocated to the side out of the way of the main weapon, and that section of the cargo hold is filled up by a small secondary reactor to help support the increased demands of this ship. It has no shields, fairly poor flux, and barely has enough OP to fully stock all its slots (45). Its not exactly state of the art, but it is cheap, and lets you bring a large ballistic cannon to the fight. In some sense it is to the Tarsus what the Buffalo II is to the Buffalo, except with a huge cannon instead of a lot of missiles. Predictably favored by pirates.

Desperation: Its name says it all - its a ship most oft used by the most desperate of captains. For a mere 2 FP, you can field one of the saddest excuses of a ship to ever ply the spacelanes. This ship is basically built out of the easily-obtained left-overs from the creation of a Vulture (or Condor), and as a result, is a dirt cheap frigate. And in this case, you definitely get what you paid for. Dirt. It is the slowest frigate, it lacks any sort of shielding, its flux stats are pretty lousy, and what armor it does have takes little effort to punch through. It does however have a good turn rate, and 6 slots. Still, despite having 6 slots, complete with the two forward facing missiles being medium slots, you only have 20 OP to work with due to the civilian-grade reactor it has. However, this ship isn't entirely without merit. Even though they may be pushovers when alone (it can still take out most lone freighters though), because of how cheap they are (Both money and FP wise), pirates will occasionally field them in large groups using sheer numbers to overwhelm opponents.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2012, 09:14:37 AM »

LOL @ Desperation

That is really awesome in a way. That should totally be a vanilla ship because it totally fits with the lore. Pirates should totally be using those!

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2012, 09:24:21 AM »

LOL @ Desperation

That is really awesome in a way. That should totally be a vanilla ship because it totally fits with the lore. Pirates should totally be using those!
I agree wholly. It would very certainly make the Buffalo MK2 less weedy in comparison

In fact it would make the Buffalo Mk2 a very good ship
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2012, 10:15:10 AM »

The "new" Buffalo mkII from .53.1a is not that bad. Recent AI improvements makes it a threat to frigates :D.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13