Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: [.53a.1] Green Sun & Other custom factions [Campaign and Missions]  (Read 111245 times)

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
Re: [Alpha-Rel] Green Sun & Other custom factions [Campaign and Missions]
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2012, 11:39:45 AM »

Yep

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2012, 01:57:52 PM »

:/ I'd still need to make a program to do that as pdn doesn't. I'll probably just put them up at normal scale. Or just re-use the old screens I have.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2012, 02:00:30 PM »

<- votes for 1x scale.  If people want to blow up their ships, they can do that on their own systems just fine, I'm sure.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2012, 02:00:59 PM »

This mod is not compatible with the ironclads mod, don't know why really, as it says "autoblaster shot already exists".
Unless you have a autoblaster?

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2012, 02:02:43 PM »

hmm, it seems we are using the same projectile IDs. I'm not really in a position to be tinkering around with the files right now though, but its a easily done manual edit. I should probably suffix my ids or something.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2012, 02:03:55 PM »

Anyway, it's a good mod, and i hope it'll get into campaign anytime :)

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2012, 02:05:10 PM »

It goes without saying that you don't need to resize the images (if anyone is interested, it just takes him 10'' to do it himself). Regarding PDN though, from what I know you can use all popular algorithms (bicubic, bilinear and closest neighbour) just by selecting them from the drop down menu at the resize window. Cheers... :)

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2012, 08:33:38 PM »

oh it does? huh, never noticed that.

Upgradecap - it does add to the campaign. If you don't see anything added, thats a bug.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2012, 12:27:47 PM »

Wait, is it compatible with other, campaign mods? If not, then I see why it isint working

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2012, 02:42:24 PM »

Okay, so I played it and thefaction with the no shield ships and the pocket cruiser, dominated everything for the first half of the game, at one point there were at least 10 massive fleets of theirs in system. Also, the Hegemony was obliterated, as was the TT. The pirates and the green sun did alright though. All in all im loving the mod. the many different ship types offer many new choices and the multitude of new factions allows for a more fluid starsystem.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2012, 03:37:31 PM »

i will download it and give it a shot but is there any way we can get screen shots or some such of the ships in the first post. please  ;D
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2012, 06:18:36 PM »

@ arwan
All the screens are in the"Adding custom ships" thread. But... I shall try to put up a bunch of screens (old ones most likely) of ships today in the OP (won't get all of them though)
@upgradecap
It should be compatible with other campaign mods. I played with nomads & junk pirates (both being mods of the same vintage, .33a era). What mods are you using?
@sunfire
oh wow, that's never happened in my games before. Usually the TT and Isoran fleets would trounce them. The Hegemony fleets were spawning too slowly though, and they kept getting wiped out by the TT and Isoran fleets simply by the sheer volume of them. I actually increased their spawn rate to a whopping 1.5 fleets/day on average to try to counter this.

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2012, 09:18:46 PM »

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2012, 09:34:31 PM »

some pretty cool ships there. have seen a good bit of them but also a good bit of them i have not seen in campaign mode..

i assume there not all in the campaign mode?
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2012, 10:47:50 PM »

@ arwan
All the screens are in the"Adding custom ships" thread. But... I shall try to put up a bunch of screens (old ones most likely) of ships today in the OP (won't get all of them though)
@upgradecap
It should be compatible with other campaign mods. I played with nomads & junk pirates (both being mods of the same vintage, .33a era). What mods are you using?
@sunfire
oh wow, that's never happened in my games before. Usually the TT and Isoran fleets would trounce them. The Hegemony fleets were spawning too slowly though, and they kept getting wiped out by the TT and Isoran fleets simply by the sheer volume of them. I actually increased their spawn rate to a whopping 1.5 fleets/day on average to try to counter this.

I'm using TimCorp, junkies, nomads, gunrunners, pretty much all campaign compatible mods.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13