Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: [.53a.1] Green Sun & Other custom factions [Campaign and Missions]  (Read 111531 times)

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [Alpha-Rel] Green Sun & Other custom factions [Campaign and Missions]
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2012, 08:34:17 AM »

wow, 1.5? Also I really like the second pirate spawn point, it makes things so much easier

also, i was wondering is the two sun based factions should be moved? they are sometimes way to close to each other and the other factions planets (the hegemony and the green sun, tt is just far from everyone)

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2012, 10:46:49 AM »

@Dante80 - thanks for the picture XD

@Arwan - Right, some are currently not implemented in the campaign.

@Sunfire - perhaps I could move the isoran station to the outer system...

Flunky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2012, 03:51:10 PM »

I concur somewhat with one of the earlier assessments-- the Ceredians (orange fellows with no shields) seem to dominate the system, though the Isorans and Green Sun do alright. Pirates seem to be like the tide (come and go), TT is a tad weaker, and the hegemony has no fleets at all about 70% of the time. I'm running this with the Lotus Conglomerate mod, however, which probably makes a difference (I believe they're hostile to the hegemony).

Liking the ships. The pocket carrier might be a tad too useful as it can outrun many of its predators. The hyena seems a little too awesome. Captured one somewhat early (worth the hostility). Speed of a fast destroyer, flux of a cruiser, firepower in between. Mounted pulse lasers and kinetic ballistics and could destroy a lot and easily run from what I couldn't. I feel like the speed might be a tad too high, but I'm not sure.

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2012, 04:15:37 PM »

Hyena is rather expensive to make up for it though (moreso than a lot of cruisers) and has lower armor than any other cruiser. I'll consider nerfing its flux stats though. Or maybe its crew reserve stats.
Ocelot might get a speed nerf.

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2012, 10:30:41 PM »

Soon I'll be putting out a couple sub-mods so that my factions will interact with junkies & nomads (ie, not just default neutral). Probably wed/thurs/fri/sat

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2012, 03:25:12 AM »

"Error loading [graphics/ships/hammer_hgs.png] resource" when trying the latest version. Interesting, it's the second mod I'm trying, and second time it's missing a resource.

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2012, 09:48:54 AM »

maybe the download was corrupted? nobody else is having an issue with that.

Flunky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2012, 03:49:39 PM »

Played it some more, this time without any other mods. This time the Ceredians got pounded and the Isorans ended up owning most of the galaxy, primarily because they had several massive fleets that annihilated anything they touched with seemingly no losses. So... maybe it's just luck of the draw in both cases. Either way, it's a fun mod with great (and great-looking) ships. Thank you for your work on it!

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2012, 03:58:50 PM »

speaking of the hammer.. i love that little ship. just wish my game had more than 1 to purchase
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Spartan114

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2012, 04:47:47 PM »

I have an.. Interesting problem. Your mod conflicts with TimCORP, but not in the way you'd expect. I'm not sure what the ship's called (the long, flat one at the bottom of the picture), but It seems to be taking over the pace of the Phoenix carrier in the TimCORP fleet, even in missions. It retains the description and name of the Phoenix (apart from changing it from Phoenix Class Carrier to Phoenix Class Monitor, I think) but the ship is changed. and your ship has no flight decks, making those missions rather hard. I may also have gotten rid of the TimCORP station, but I'm waiting more in game days to confirm that.

I love both the mods, but It's a shame there's a conflict.

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2012, 10:18:05 PM »

@arwan: hammers should be available from the convoys

@spartan114: Its because my mod is OLD, in fact the first to have been created for this game, before ID prefixing became standard. Changing projectile ID's is easy. Changing ship ID's is a real pain.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2012, 10:25:03 PM »

@Spartan114 that is fixed in the next version of my mod. I removed the carrier and replaced it with an another carrier. But the station spawns after ~20 ingame days, the supply fleet spawns after one day.

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2012, 03:50:06 AM »

maybe the download was corrupted? nobody else is having an issue with that.

It means no one else has tried it in a non-Windows OS. I'm using Linux, and filenames are case sensitive here. Apparently you've referenced a lower cased filename somewhere while the real file name has some upper case letters in it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:52:38 AM by figvam »

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2012, 06:40:31 AM »

oh yeah, derp, forgot about that. I shall look into that.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2012, 04:34:17 PM »

i would like to offer some critique on the gnat fighter.

currently i think its supremely unbalanced.

it only costs 1 fleet point
has 6 fighters
is the fastest ship in the game at 230
and each fighter has 2 machine guns.

currently i have a 200 point fleet (because i dont like going over the limits if  i can). and if i fight a fleet with gnats in it i can not win for anything. i have tried my original fleet which was about 50% fighters. (thunders broadswords and gladius fighters) i managed to win that fight at the cost of every fighter wing i had except the one broadsword wing i repaired at the end of the battle.

next i tried piranha bombers (5 wings) and promptly watched them fly into the impervious kinetic wall of death. again lost all fighters.

after that i tried no fighters ( as i was losing ALL fighters EVERY fight.) and tried frigates and destroyers for my advance team... they were promptly out run by the gnats and over loaded by the machine guns and blown out of the sky. before i was able to secure more than one control point ( to the 4 the gnats captured) lost about 80% of my fleet in that battle.

then i tried shoving out my capital ships (so the gnats could not kill them) and well.. as expected.. that was a fail.. gnats captured every point before i could even get in range of one and then had 2 capital ships on the field vs about 3 capital ships on there side every gnat fighter (about 6) and numerous frigates and destroyers... think i lasted a good 2 minutes screaming like a little girl spinning in my crocodile wishing i had one more facing of armor vs all the kinetic and explosive death walls of heavy and medium ballistic mounts hitting me.

essentially i think if they could deploy fewer than ALL there gnat fighters at once and possibly bring them more in line with talon wings that i could have had a chance. as it is i have to try and run from every fleet that has gnats in it because i know it is impossible for me to win without taking so many losses that i wont come out ahead.

any way that is my critique. other than that i love the mod. just wish i could fight those fleets. or make them neutral to me again because they *** me in all the wrong places right now.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13