Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.96a] Autosave v1.2b (released 2023-05-05)  (Read 234298 times)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.95a] Autosave v1.1c (released 2021-03-26)
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2022, 05:44:28 AM »

Version 1.2 is up, get it here (mirror). Still requires LazyLib.

Changelog:
1.2 (July 12, 2022)
=====================
Updated to be compatible with Starsector 0.95.1a
Added the following to saves/common/config/lw_autosave_settings.json.data:
 - "forceSaveAfterMapChange", forces a save after every hyperspace jump
 - "saveAsCopy", if enabled, every autosave creates a new save
Removed autosave_settings.json.default as it was confusing new players
Updated config loading logic to autopopulate any missing entries
Updated autosave to use API's cmdSave() instead of simulating keypresses

Can there be an option to autosave _before_ starting a battle, or going into one? like, if an enemy fleet that is pursuing is like 10 pixels away from your fleet then autosave pre emptively? so its easier to just reload a save and restart a battle which idk how to do any other way.

There's no good way to do this, unfortunately, otherwise I'd have added it in this release. Sorry!

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Autosave v1.2 (released 2022-07-12)
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2022, 07:26:17 AM »

Sir, can you allow me to translate this mod into Chinese and update it to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org)?
Thank you very much.

123nick

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Autosave v1.1c (released 2021-03-26)
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2022, 01:23:53 PM »

Version 1.2 is up, get it here (mirror). Still requires LazyLib.

Changelog:
1.2 (July 12, 2022)
=====================
Updated to be compatible with Starsector 0.95.1a
Added the following to saves/common/config/lw_autosave_settings.json.data:
 - "forceSaveAfterMapChange", forces a save after every hyperspace jump
 - "saveAsCopy", if enabled, every autosave creates a new save
Removed autosave_settings.json.default as it was confusing new players
Updated config loading logic to autopopulate any missing entries
Updated autosave to use API's cmdSave() instead of simulating keypresses

Can there be an option to autosave _before_ starting a battle, or going into one? like, if an enemy fleet that is pursuing is like 10 pixels away from your fleet then autosave pre emptively? so its easier to just reload a save and restart a battle which idk how to do any other way.

There's no good way to do this, unfortunately, otherwise I'd have added it in this release. Sorry!

Thanks for replying, itd be nice to have but i understand why itd be hard to implement

Could it be possible to have an option to NOT force autosaves if youve already had a forced autosave less than 5 minutes ago (configurable)?

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.96a] Autosave v1.2b (released 2023-05-05)
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2023, 02:07:46 PM »

Version 1.2b is out, get it here (mirror) (requires LazyLib).

Just as a reminder: autosaves are disabled by default due to how long saves can be with many mods enabled. On a fresh install, the mod will only warn you when you haven't saved in a while.

To enable autosaves, run the game with the mod enabled once, then edit the file saves/common/config/lw_autosave_settings.json.data and set "enableAutosaves" to true.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 02:10:18 PM by LazyWizard »

Joss

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2023, 08:09:05 AM »

Losing 5 hours of gameplay like it just happened to me makes for a very bad first time experience.
And I really shouldn't have to install a mod to get a basic standard feature that any decent game already normally offers (e.g. Valheim, No Man's Sky, an mostly every other good game actually).
Yes, I admit that when I'm fully immersed in YOUR game I'm not thinking of pressing F5 every 5 minutes, especially when I assume the game would adequately perform this repetitive unfulfilling task by itself.
Now I don't think I'm gonna go through the painful experience of starting again from scratch, and I'm probably just gonna shelve the game for now.
I don't think I can recommend Starsector to people I know, since I don't want them to experience the same frustration and disappointment themselves.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 08:11:50 AM by Joss »

perenoel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2023, 11:31:00 AM »

Thank you so much for this mod. The game is so immersive I usually forget to save while chaining missions and then these Luddic church fanatics get me.

rockyrocknl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2023, 11:55:36 AM »

love this mod

I would like to offer a suggestion for making the "saveAsCopy" config support an integer value where it saves every X saves as a copy including the first save of the session(if possible)
so something like :
0 makes no copy
1 makes a copy every time
N>1 makes copy every Nth save and also on the first save of the session (if possible)
-1 makes a copy only on the first save of the session(if possible)

I personally have auto save set to 10 minutes and force after battles
So it is not feasible to save as copy every time but also don't like the idea of having no backup if it saves after I do a dumdum

shadowwolf666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2024, 11:45:28 AM »

I basically can't play without this mod because I get too immersed and forget the save function exists lmao

I hate to be a nag but is there anyway we could get an ETA on when this mod will be compatible with the new version? I know its not been out long lol I just can't play without it or I'll lose hours of progress XD

Thanks for all you do!!!! <3

I forgot to ask if there's a way to manually install this as to sidestep the mod automatically being disabled for being out of date even if it technically still works.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 11:46:59 AM by shadowwolf666 »

KnightNave

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2024, 03:13:13 PM »

I forgot to ask if there's a way to manually install this as to sidestep the mod automatically being disabled for being out of date even if it technically still works.

did a brief test to make sure it was compatible.
To manually install it, just go to the mod->mod_info.json and change "gameVersion": "0.97a", and save.
Pages: 1 2 [3]