Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Star Wars Mod Update: v2.04 new guns  (Read 101181 times)

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Mod Update: v2.04 new guns
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2012, 11:44:11 PM »

NOPE! It's a pain in the ass, maybe tomorrow since I'll be bored off my gourd at work.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2012, 06:07:08 PM »

No worries, I'll just go capture a couple :-)

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2012, 08:30:57 PM »

Is it intended that lasers splice right through my shields and into ship hulls?
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2012, 10:33:11 PM »

Is it intended that lasers splice right through my shields and into ship hulls?
Ion cannons are supposed to do that yes.

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2012, 07:56:19 AM »

let me know when the death star shows up :D or Super class star destroyers :D although versus anything else that might be slightly overpowered >.> <.< :P
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2012, 12:00:55 PM »

Well as I've said before, even a SSD is over 10 miles long, has thousands of heavy turbolasers, and a crew of over 500,000. If the game was made so that it could continue scaling up larger and larger, then it might be possible to implement them. But they are so large that even if cut down to 1/8 of the size they would still be far too large.

intothewildblueyonder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2012, 12:05:33 PM »

well then you could just make a really, really large map to play on them against

(or just for demonstration purposes scale down all your ships, so we have a death star fighting 20 pixel ssd, 3 pixel cruisers,  1/2 pixel frigates and 1/100 pixel fighters  ;D. On second thought I would actually like to play something like this. Lets see make the DS 512x 512...)

Kahabut

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2012, 12:37:35 PM »

Just wanted to drop in and give my 2 cents. 

First and foremost: Rather excellent job so far!
Second: ALEX!!!!! Please play with this mod a little and get a feel for how capital ships SHOULD behave.  They are slow(ish), heavy, armored heavily and have massive flux capacity, with less than super awesome venting.  I really strongly feel that the way the star wars cap ships play out is far and away better than the current Starfarer stock and trade. 

I'm not talking about weapon load outs, or Starwars themes.  I just mean the feel of it.  I would be pleased as punch for this to be the direction capital ships are going.  (although, honestly I'll be pleased anyway)

Also, I really dig the starwars ships, but they are obviously not at all balanced against the rest of the ships in the game.  Not that they should be, but it does make for an interesting time the first few times you try and fight SW ships against standard SF ships.  A single Bwing squardron took out my Hyperion + 3 frigs and 2x wings of wasps.  JUST ONE WING.  They didn't even repair.    As freaking awesome as that is, I think the fighters might be a little on the strong side, at least in the mixed campaign mode.

Lastly: Please create a station or two for SW ships, or just add them to one of the existing stations (TTmod or Junk Pirates).  I know, you said it's a pain in the ass.  I looked into it, you are right.  Someone, please do it anyway.  I would, but apparently I'm an idiot. (the data files confuse me)

intothewildblueyonder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2012, 07:46:11 PM »

Edit NVM
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:26:16 PM by intothewildblueyonder »

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2012, 12:16:01 AM »

I said I was going to add them to stations, but at this point I'm just not going to bother yet. I'd have to do it via convoys and I just don't want to bother. Also development on this ship wise is now on hold while I wait for some new art. Once I get that new art I am going to put a rigid scaling rule into place and then redo all of the ships, at that point there should be over 100, but it's going to be at least a month I think.

Future plans hopefully include adding an entire star wars sector and then adapting some of the books into plot lines. Probably the thrawn trilogy first since it's a personal favorite. But we will see how difficult that it is to make an entire campaign.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2012, 09:36:00 AM »

The thrawn trilogy would be a good start indeed. Would a station be easier to add in .51a, though?

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2012, 02:00:39 PM »

Well, the latest update is a heck of a lot more then I expected. I'll probably add the ships to stations now. It should be really easy.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2012, 10:49:24 PM »

Love the feel of the ships, everything feels legit.

Nice mod bro.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2012, 09:09:05 PM »

according to my brother, the mod works with .51a still? Can anybody else confirm that 2.04 works with .51a?

Arrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2012, 10:36:55 PM »

according to my brother, the mod works with .51a still? Can anybody else confirm that 2.04 works with .51a?

Yeah, it works just fine.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10