Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Star Wars Mod Update: v2.04 new guns  (Read 101421 times)

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Mod Update: v2.04 new guns
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2012, 10:40:07 PM »

according to my brother, the mod works with .51a still? Can anybody else confirm that 2.04 works with .51a?
If you are upgrading or reinstalling the mod you HAVE to delete the existing mod directory before unzipping this one.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2012, 07:10:30 PM »

according to my brother, the mod works with .51a still? Can anybody else confirm that 2.04 works with .51a?
If you are upgrading or reinstalling the mod you HAVE to delete the existing mod directory before unzipping this one.

not the question. the mod version 2.04 that was developed for .5a also is compatible with .51a. No changes necessary

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2012, 08:12:15 PM »

New art is now available, I'm going to be completely redesigning all ships and adhering to rigid sizing standards. If anyone is inclined to help at this point speak up, I could use it in any capacity.

Mr.FancyPants

• Ensign
  • I am just a man with some Fancy Pants
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2012, 12:26:31 AM »

What is it you actually need help with, exactly?

bluntfang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2012, 11:56:49 PM »

So I just added your mod to my lineup today, with mishmash, having lots of fun seeing the new ships running around.  I have been fighting Imperials and have added some Tie Fighters, Interceptors, and a Nebulan B frigate to my fleet.

All well and good, the problem came when I captured a Lambda Class Shuttle.  I noticed I was always out of supplies. So I ran a little test.  Fleet without the shuttle, supple use normal, add in a shuttle, and I am using like 20 supplies a second (with just a couple frigates and a couple of fighter wings.)  Not sure what needs to be done to fix it, but there you have it.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2012, 12:22:30 AM »

This hasn't been updated in quite a while, likely the problem is related to the fact that this mod is older than Alex's big fleet, supply use and accident patch.

bluntfang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2012, 11:29:13 AM »

Hmm....so, theoretically speaking, how hard would it be to update the mod to play nice with the new patch?

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2012, 08:21:29 PM »

Updating the ships and such would be quite easy, if the campaign is bork that may be more complicated because you have to do with java classes.

wolfsruhm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2012, 08:37:58 AM »

seems noone feels him/herself obliged to update this mods, sadly i'm not so good with modding, so i'm not quite sure if i'd be able to

bluntfang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2012, 04:15:48 PM »

Yeah, it is looking pretty dead. I tried to encourage Omega to pick it up for his mini mash mod, but not getting many takers there either.

bluntfang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2012, 09:13:45 PM »

Does anyone personally know the mod creator? Any hopes of this work being passed on?

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2012, 12:02:51 AM »

I e-mailed the creator and asked him if he was willing to allow another modder to take over the project. This is his reply:

By all means, I just don't have the time these days
[...]
I was working on redoing all the ships via another mod and importing the models from it. It was some freelancer star wars mod or something. It has like 150 ships... But like I said I just plain don't have the time anymore.

I'll update this mod to be compatible with the current version, but I'm probably not the best person to lead future development (I have no artistic talent whatsoever, and am already juggling almost a dozen other projects ;)). Are there any skilled modders who would be willing to take charge after I finish updating it?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:07:59 AM by LazyWizard »

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2012, 01:18:53 AM »

All well and good, the problem came when I captured a Lambda Class Shuttle.  I noticed I was always out of supplies. So I ran a little test.  Fleet without the shuttle, supple use normal, add in a shuttle, and I am using like 20 supplies a second (with just a couple frigates and a couple of fighter wings.)  Not sure what needs to be done to fix it, but there you have it.

I have been unable to replicate this bug. Was this fixed in a Starfarer patch? Are you sure you weren't damaged or over any supply limits?

--------------------------

Here's a quick progress update:

Empire caps now release TIE squadrons as their ship system. They will be able to unleash a ton of them, though I'm still deciding between giving them regenerating drones or just a very large reserve. As an aside, considering a Star Destroyer in this mod holds 1000-2500 crew, I don't think making fleets lose one crew per fighter destroyed is worth implementing. For now, TIE fighters are also found as normal squadrons in fleets, but don't count on that being the case forever. They are canonically short-ranged fighters, so it makes sense for them to only be found in a SD's retinue.

On the Rebel side, most ships now have High Energy Focus. I intended this to be a temporary placeholder, but I found this system to work well enough that I might keep it. It fits with the 'lining up an attack run' scenes from the films. :)

While running through the ships, I ran across a few weapons in slots that don't support them. I've only fixed a few of these; I'll carefully inspect the entire mod later. I'm also planning on fixing (read: lowering) the ordnance points available to a few ships, as right now some variants have loads of unused OP.

I feel that Star Wars-style capital ships should be huge, lumbering beasts that mostly fight other capital ships while relying on fighters and frigates to screen them from smaller threats. To that end, I'm considering turning their point defenses into built-in weapons. Quadlasers are fairly terrible (I just watched a veteran Star Destroyer fail to shoot down a single Salamander during the ten seconds it was circling the ship), so I don't think anyone would be too broken up about them not appearing on the loot list. Mostly, this change is because allowing players to replace them with a decent PD system would make this mod's capital ships nigh-unbeatable. :)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2012, 05:04:05 PM »

Only four more ships to go. I anticipate a release later today. :)

Edit: and released!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:16:09 PM by LazyWizard »

bluntfang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2012, 10:26:48 PM »

Very cool, I will download and let you know asap!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10