Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Faction shown (or made more evident) in trade events.  (Read 1333 times)

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Faction shown (or made more evident) in trade events.
« on: October 11, 2015, 12:37:38 PM »

It can be REALLY frustrating when trying to take advantage of this game's event system. You see an event for "Trade Dispute at _____". So you stock up on whatever item's price just skyrocketed, and fly out to the other system. Then, once you get there, you find out you have a hostile relationship with the faction that owns said station or planet. So now your stuck with a bunch of product you can't sell at a good price, and in the middle of a sector you don't want to be in.

Any chance we could get an upgrade to the event screen that shows up who owns what when these events happen? Or if there already way to know, make it more obvious?

Bonus: Is there a way to see the system map of a system you aren't currently in? Could there be?

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: Faction shown (or made more evident) in trade events.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 12:51:10 PM »

I had this problem many times. I sometimes have the feeling the trade UI is optimized more towards later industry style trading than current single fleet trading.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Faction shown (or made more evident) in trade events.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 01:07:23 PM »

I'm not sure if this is the case in the currently-out version, but the event detail should show the flag of the faction that controls the market for a trade disruption event. Could definitely be more clear, though.

(As a side note, in 0.7a, if something like this were to happen, at least you'd have the option of sneaking in and selling on the black market.)