Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Why did the [F] [I] [R] [A] shortcuts at stations change?  (Read 1872 times)

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Why did the [F] [I] [R] [A] shortcuts at stations change?
« on: October 10, 2015, 10:08:48 AM »

I've just started playing this game again, since it's been a while. I like most of the newer changes (Salamanders are awesome), but something that keeps screwing with me is the quick options to get to the buy/sell inventory, buy/sell ships, refit ships screens have changed from the letter keys to number keys. Why was this done again? I've been playing for a good five hours now and I still hit those buttons every time I stop in to a station. Any chance we could go back to the previous setting?

Xaiier

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Why did the [F] [I] [R] [A] shortcuts at stations change?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 10:11:03 AM »

I noticed this as well. Once you are in a menu the corresponding hotkeys work as expected, but from the initial menu using the number keys feels very odd.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 10:14:18 AM »

At some point I'd added the 1/2/3/etc shortcuts (which are a good thing overall), but multiple shortcuts weren't supported, so the other ones went away. But I've since added support for multiple shortcut keys to dialog options, so in 0.7a, both work.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 10:30:22 AM »

Yea, it's been like that for a while.  Glad to know multiple shortcuts have been added, especially with the Escape key making a grand return. :D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 11:48:09 AM »

Excellent. Glad those are coming back(ish).