Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What do you desire most?

More ships
- 285 (55.4%)
More weapons
- 101 (19.6%)
Something else?
- 128 (24.9%)

Total Members Voted: 514

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40

Author Topic: [0.9.1a-RC8] Tiandong Heavy Industries v1.2.1a - Updated 11/1/19  (Read 453207 times)

Terran Allias

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a-RC8] Tiandong Heavy Industries v1.2.1a - Updated 11/1/19
« Reply #570 on: June 20, 2022, 06:45:30 PM »

So in case anyone sees this, what are the differnt kind of worlds Tiandong Heavy industries controls? That's what I'm most interested in

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 20, 2022, 06:59:54 PM »

They only have stations IIRC

Terran Allias

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 20, 2022, 07:16:59 PM »

Well I'd still like to hear about them, I downloaded the faction mods just so I can read the descriptions of all those colonies.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #573 on: June 22, 2022, 03:42:28 AM »

Well I'd still like to hear about them, I downloaded the faction mods just so I can read the descriptions of all those colonies.
Here's my quick and dirty writeup of the Tiandong colonies:

Spoiler
Shaanxi
Home system of Tiandong Heavy Industries, a red dwarf in the southeastern area of the core worlds. No habitable planets.

Shanghai
Tiandong's only market in their home system, this is a size 6 station with vertically integrated heavy industry from ore to manufactured equipment. Also has the unique Mercenary HQ structure.

Tooltip description
The de-facto headquarters for Tiandong Heavy Industries, Shanghai is an enormous station built directly into an asteroid. Half of the station is dedicated towards creating retrofit starships, a fact that has made Shanghai the cornerstone of the Tiandong fleet as well as its administrative center.

Market panel text
Posh olive-green pillows and scented candles greet you as you enter the grand lobby, a vast entry area for the myriad travelers who journey to Shanghai. A hundred-meter-tall holographic map of the station hovers overhead, illuminating the area in warm light. Ahead, a wide hallway leads to the primary trade center.

The hallway opens to a large, open bazaar. While the structure is clearly a large warehouse being used as a flea market, in truth it resembles a small city. Market stalls of every shape and size, trading venues, infotainment booths, concession stands, and even a brothel is littered throughout, creating a haphazard series of streets and alleys. Armed Tiandong agents patrol the makeshift roads, breaking up fights and helping the occasional lost quartermaster.

Mogui
Pirate base with fuel production.

Tooltip description
Point Mogui is a small but well-entrenched military base, commonly associated with the pirates. The Mogui pirates often raid Tiandong supply lines and trade fleets, leaving them at odds with the corporation. However, a complicated political situation forces Tiandong to stay their hand, unable to completely wipe out Point Mogui.

Chaozhou
Mining post in Arcadia star system, orbiting the same gas giant as the Hegemony's Citadel Arcadia.

Tooltip description
Orbiting a ice giant, Chaozhou Outpost specializes in the mining and trade of volatiles. Due to its allegiance with Tiandong Heavy Industries, regular supply lines keep the station running and local trade keeps the operation afloat.

Macau
Military post orbiting the gas giant Chaxiraxi in Magec.

Tooltip description
An odd sight, Fort Macau is a well-entrenched Tiandong military base floating in an otherwise unrelated system. Many believe that Fort Macau exists in order to spy on the Tri-Tachyon corporation, known competitors to Tiandong Heavy Industries.

Market panel text
Rows of marines conduct drills nearby as you stand within the trade bloc. Stark steel walls and interlocking bulkheads encircle the area, in a utilitarian show of power. Uniformed staff officers take your information and determine your identity before opening up dialogue for trade.

Fuxin
Another mining outpost, orbits the gas giant Yggdrasil in the Valhalla star system.

Tooltip description
Fuxin Outpost launches regular mining operations on the lava world below, gathering an appreciable amount of raw ores for trade. Aside from the numerous buyers in the Valhalla system, Tiandong regularly ships ores back to Shanghai for refinement and use in starship construction.
[close]

Terran Allias

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 22, 2022, 05:57:21 PM »

Here's my quick and dirty writeup of the Tiandong colonies:

Spoiler
Shaanxi
Home system of Tiandong Heavy Industries, a red dwarf in the southeastern area of the core worlds. No habitable planets.

Shanghai
Tiandong's only market in their home system, this is a size 6 station with vertically integrated heavy industry from ore to manufactured equipment. Also has the unique Mercenary HQ structure.

Tooltip description
The de-facto headquarters for Tiandong Heavy Industries, Shanghai is an enormous station built directly into an asteroid. Half of the station is dedicated towards creating retrofit starships, a fact that has made Shanghai the cornerstone of the Tiandong fleet as well as its administrative center.

Market panel text
Posh olive-green pillows and scented candles greet you as you enter the grand lobby, a vast entry area for the myriad travelers who journey to Shanghai. A hundred-meter-tall holographic map of the station hovers overhead, illuminating the area in warm light. Ahead, a wide hallway leads to the primary trade center.

The hallway opens to a large, open bazaar. While the structure is clearly a large warehouse being used as a flea market, in truth it resembles a small city. Market stalls of every shape and size, trading venues, infotainment booths, concession stands, and even a brothel is littered throughout, creating a haphazard series of streets and alleys. Armed Tiandong agents patrol the makeshift roads, breaking up fights and helping the occasional lost quartermaster.

Mogui
Pirate base with fuel production.

Tooltip description
Point Mogui is a small but well-entrenched military base, commonly associated with the pirates. The Mogui pirates often raid Tiandong supply lines and trade fleets, leaving them at odds with the corporation. However, a complicated political situation forces Tiandong to stay their hand, unable to completely wipe out Point Mogui.

Chaozhou
Mining post in Arcadia star system, orbiting the same gas giant as the Hegemony's Citadel Arcadia.

Tooltip description
Orbiting a ice giant, Chaozhou Outpost specializes in the mining and trade of volatiles. Due to its allegiance with Tiandong Heavy Industries, regular supply lines keep the station running and local trade keeps the operation afloat.

Macau
Military post orbiting the gas giant Chaxiraxi in Magec.

Tooltip description
An odd sight, Fort Macau is a well-entrenched Tiandong military base floating in an otherwise unrelated system. Many believe that Fort Macau exists in order to spy on the Tri-Tachyon corporation, known competitors to Tiandong Heavy Industries.

Market panel text
Rows of marines conduct drills nearby as you stand within the trade bloc. Stark steel walls and interlocking bulkheads encircle the area, in a utilitarian show of power. Uniformed staff officers take your information and determine your identity before opening up dialogue for trade.

Fuxin
Another mining outpost, orbits the gas giant Yggdrasil in the Valhalla star system.

Tooltip description
Fuxin Outpost launches regular mining operations on the lava world below, gathering an appreciable amount of raw ores for trade. Aside from the numerous buyers in the Valhalla system, Tiandong regularly ships ores back to Shanghai for refinement and use in starship construction.
[close]
Wish I coud like your post, cause thanks

WolfPriest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 15, 2022, 01:39:56 PM »

Could we have some new teasers? Love your work, no point in rushing perfection.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 01, 2022, 01:29:06 PM »

Ask and ye shall recieve. Sorry for the late reply... I haven't been checking the forums much as of late :(

Working on the rework of the Xu sprite and showing part of it here, and keep in mind it is still highly WIP.

Old Vs New

Olukon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 01, 2022, 03:03:17 PM »

Working on the rework of the Xu sprite and showing part of it here, and keep in mind it is still highly WIP.

Old Vs New

Noice!
Also, hope you're doing well!

WolfPriest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 01, 2022, 11:40:33 PM »

Ask and ye shall recieve. Sorry for the late reply... I haven't been checking the forums much as of late :(

Old Vs New

...and they called him the Greeble Slayer
Dw about late reply, I am happy either way. I am also on discord, but I assumed more people were here.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 12:25:42 AM by WolfPriest »

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 09, 2022, 05:22:26 PM »

Yep, definitely missing those super heavy ultra ACs lol

Damonvi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 15, 2022, 09:46:21 PM »

just picked starsector back up after a long hiatus. VERY sad to see my favorite mod isnt up to date with the current game version.

PLEASE come back to me! i need tiandong in my life!

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 15, 2022, 11:08:49 PM »

I'm working on it when I can friends, just life ain't making that easy.

johnaaron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 16, 2022, 12:59:06 AM »

I can't wait to play :), teasers look soooo good

CMP01

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 18, 2022, 05:27:31 PM »

I'm working on it when I can friends, just life ain't making that easy.

All in good time. Life can be a drag, I know.
New to Starsector nm modding it (as to which I just got done DLing Captain Trek's Vanilla adjacent modlist) only to find yours isn't up to date.
Sad, as of all the ship lists I've perused yours has some seriously hot stuff, the aesthetics are right up my street. But I'll stay alert for changes as it'll be worth it.

WolfPriest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 25, 2022, 10:13:09 AM »

Is it ok to ask for another teaser?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40