Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What do you desire most?

More ships
- 285 (55.4%)
More weapons
- 101 (19.6%)
Something else?
- 128 (24.9%)

Total Members Voted: 514

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40

Author Topic: [0.9.1a-RC8] Tiandong Heavy Industries v1.2.1a - Updated 11/1/19  (Read 453299 times)

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a-RC8] Tiandong Heavy Industries v1.2.1a - Updated 11/1/19
« Reply #480 on: August 06, 2020, 07:31:40 PM »

Ooooh very nice, looking forward to it!

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 27, 2020, 01:26:06 AM »

As the next update of THI approaches ever closer to completion day by day, I feel it once again might be a good time to show some of the reworked art. Fighters this time!

The Shen, simply got cleaned up a bit. It is such a great design that it really didn't need anything else.

The Hefei, got changed heavily and also cleaned up to not be such a noisy mess. And now it actually looks like it is armed with Fission Mortars, such a nasty HE small mount cannon... That yes, will be turned into a modular version as well though probably not this update but we shall see.

The Dadao, once was so noisy and hard to read, and also didn't really look like it had places to logically fire its prodigious arsenal from. Has been redesigned pretty heavily and cleaned up to be sharp and really look like a aerospace craft. I am such a sucker for that look heh. And now if you look closely it all actually makes sense and has places to shoot its various weapons from.

The Jian, really didn't need much work. Simply cleaned it up some, and made its Swarmer launcher visible since the sprite is large enough to pull that off and it also helps visually counter-balance the Light Thumper.

The Armored Mining Drone, this was a weird one to fix up. The design was great, but really way too noisy and greebly. Fixed all that up, while keeping its soul intact more or less.

The Yiling, didn't really need anything but a minor cleanup pass.

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 27, 2020, 12:23:08 PM »

Looking forward to see the complete new artwork release.

The new Dadao has a sharp look. I could see myself playing a shmup from the glorious nineties piloting such a ship. Well done!

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 27, 2020, 03:45:19 PM »

Tiandong is one of my favorite factions (actually just behind Kadur Remnant) so i am very much looking forward to the reworked sprites.

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 01, 2020, 08:07:45 AM »

Hi, the ship designs look reasonable, however I immediately had to stop because of the music playing.

Is there a quick way to disable it? Deleting the music file caused a crash at launch.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 01, 2020, 03:23:10 PM »

Afternoon sqrt(-1), huh I have never heard of anyone disliking Running Dark (the song THI adds) so much. It is a pretty subtle, dark, and IMO fitting campaign piece but to each their own.

Open:
Tiandong Heavy Industries 1.2.1a\data\config\sounds.json

And do what you will.

Anyways, you might be happier with (not sure which) future version. Where I will no longer add music to the random playlist pool, and Running Dark will simply only ever play in the Shaanxi star system :)

Sterdude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 01, 2020, 03:54:23 PM »

Any plans to recycle the old sprites into pirate variants or something?

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 01, 2020, 04:16:31 PM »

... Why?

As I would say no, it makes no sense. The art is objectively bad, and in many cases the designs have outright changed even on the mechanical level. I could easily see skins of the new sprites, Pirate paintjobs and things like that. But no the old art will not be used in any form, except maybe on occasion as greeble material for kitbashing heh.

Null Ganymede

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 02, 2020, 01:57:48 PM »

Maybe an IBB on a mirror-world fleet?  :P

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 13, 2020, 02:35:51 AM »

As the next update of THI approaches ever closer to completion day by day, I feel it once again might be a good time to show some of the reworked art. Weapons this time!

The Ultra Autocannon got touched up just ever so slightly... Honestly most probably won't be able to spot the changes, but look closely and you will see a few edges cleaned up.

The Mauler Battery got some serious edge cleanup, and some pixel poking here and there.

The Triphammer got cleaned up ever so slightly, blink and you will miss it.

The Superheavy Machine Gun got its details improved slightly here and there, and some nasty black blotchy edge shading fixed up.

The Rotary Autocannon got its definition improved slightly, nothing major but it had to be done.

The Burst Flak Cannon got cleaned up and redesigned almost entirely to not be so... Derpy looking? And also a reasonable apparent caliber for the projectile it fires heh.

The Heavy Mining Laser also was redesigned almost entirely. It now looks like it actually has a rather large emitter, as it should and just in general a changed design with lots of little greeble to project glows off of.

The Apsis LRT Launcher got sharpened up and its details improved. While its missile also got cleaned up a bit and now has a round nosecone.

The Muscle LRM Launcher got touched up just a bit, same for its missile and the submunition of said missile.

The Concussion Missile Pod got overall improved and sharpened up a bit in looks, same story for its missile, and its little brother SRM version (fighter weapon).

The Concussion Missile Rack got heavily improved, to not be so *** looking heh.

And last but not least, the Punisher Torpedo Rack got redesigned to not be so massive as it is a small weapon after all! And its torpedo cleaned up a bit and also got its nosecone rounded heh.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 14, 2020, 02:22:03 AM »

I love the concept, the design and the balance of Tiandong!

Excellent job there, can't wait to see what the update brings!

ShalynnDaxren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 16, 2020, 02:35:58 PM »

I could use some help figuring out why this mod doesn't work for me.
Game starts loading but then crashes soon after and the log error I get is this.

Spoiler
76090 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class data.scripts.TiandongModPlugin
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class data.scripts.TiandongModPlugin
   at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
   at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.getEnabledModPlugins(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

How do I fix this problem or is it a mod problem or mods clashing against one another?

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 16, 2020, 02:54:10 PM »

Hi Shalynn, my best guess would be file corruption. Try redownloading the mod.

Neitronus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 23, 2020, 08:53:29 AM »

Is it possible to update to fix version checker issue? There's an issue with version file being unreacheble on bitbucket after recent bitbucket change AFAIK. It would be a pain to miss that incoming update because of it.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 23, 2020, 08:59:27 PM »

Is it possible? Certainly. Will I? No. The plan for the update remains the same, I won't release a hotfix just for that issue.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40