Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Dude......props  (Read 2969 times)

frogbones

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Dude......props
« on: February 19, 2012, 01:45:24 PM »

I've just found out about this game last night, bought it...didn't get alot of sleep last night ;) 

For an "alpha" state and able to play for hours....wow.

Fine job, so far! Really fine job. This is really scratching an itch I've had for years.

Excited to get in on this game at this point to watch it grow, and develope.

Had many questons but pokeing around here answered alot. SO good forums too.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Dude......props
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 02:42:28 PM »

Thank you - really happy you're enjoying it!

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »

Had many questons but pokeing around here answered alot. SO good forums too.

Thank you for actually looking, haha. But yeah these forums are great. Never seen such a great game community.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 09:57:53 AM »

Really loving the community and the game, especially the game and as the OP said, this game scratches an itch I've had for a couple years that SPAZ didn't quite reach.. (too arcady and not free-roaming enough)

If I could, I would buy 10 more copies just cause.. unfortunately, RL needs some of my money too :(
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »

Well just keep spreading the word. I already got one friend to buy it and got a copy for my brother.  :D
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Baleur

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 10:42:48 AM »

It's really amazing how an indie game (coded by 1 guy on his spare time, is it?) has more in depth and complex combat, ship statistics and combat AI in ALPHA and the FIRST incarnation of the campaign mode, than a full budget would-be-AAA title had at release and even now several months later... *cough* SOTS2 *cough*

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 02:29:00 PM »

i want to say its 3-4 guys now.. including our new music guy.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

cardgame

• Commander
  • Sonic Rainboom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 02:56:53 PM »

Yeah, +1 to the OP.

I've spent at least 8 hours playing it and I only bought it last night, incredibly fun and still so much potential that it makes my head spin... Absolute top notch work you've done here Alex.