Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.97a] Roider Union 2.1.0  (Read 401930 times)

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Roider Union 1.2.2
« Reply #210 on: September 26, 2021, 03:10:11 PM »

Trackers have 0 range; they defend their carrier against beams and missiles.

The Wrecker is an Eagle conversion combined with strange technology found in the fringe.

The new frigate, on the other hand, is not a conversion, not a Roider design, and nobody is sure where, who, or what they got it from.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 26, 2021, 03:22:42 PM »

The Wrecker is an Eagle conversion combined with strange technology found in the fringe.

The new frigate, on the other hand, is not a conversion, not a Roider design, and nobody is sure where, who, or what they got it from.

Oooh, that's interesting. It changes the image I had of the faction. Maybe not simply "space miners banding together" and something more mysterious.
Excited for the update. This mod will never be off my modlist for as long as it exists.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 26, 2021, 05:18:14 PM »

the mention of "nobody is sure where, who, or what they got it from" and strange tech from the fringe, does that mean any future stuff is gonna sorta be leaning in that direction? The fruits of what roider prospectors have found, I guess?

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 26, 2021, 06:27:38 PM »

We'll see.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 27, 2021, 04:32:01 AM »

SafariJohn

First are foremost your mod is my favorite faction to play as. I do have a question though regarding the breaker drone. When I ask for the list of weapons and ships that can mine, it does not show up on the list. As is is armed with mining equipment, I had assumed it had the same mining stats as say the lr mining pod which is similar. Is is just not flagged with mining or does is not help when mining by design? Silly little question I know but I want to keep my fleet Roider stock as possible.

Thanks,
A fellow Rockhopper

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2021, 05:14:27 AM »

SafariJohn

First are foremost your mod is my favorite faction to play as. I do have a question though regarding the breaker drone. When I ask for the list of weapons and ships that can mine, it does not show up on the list. As is is armed with mining equipment, I had assumed it had the same mining stats as say the lr mining pod which is similar. Is is just not flagged with mining or does is not help when mining by design? Silly little question I know but I want to keep my fleet Roider stock as possible.

Thanks,
A fellow Rockhopper

The Breaker drones' Blasting Lasers are definitely taken into account for mining, add and remove Breakers from a ship and you'll see the difference when asking to list mining ships in your fleet. As for why Breaker drones don't appear in the fighter wings part of the list of "ships and weapons that can mine", I forgot. But they work fine.
30$

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2021, 07:45:02 AM »

Thank you for the reply. I did some testing on my own in game and found that the breaker drone actually seems the best investment for 3 ordnance mining beating the Mining platform aux and the L/R mining pod aux ( the other 3 ordnance drones I tested against).

One thing I also realized when I looked over the list of drones and weapons that pops up when you use the Nexelerin pop up that it does not list several mining weapons and drones from mods other than Nex and vanilla. However those added weapons and drone do indeed add to the overall mining number that the list shows when you list ships that can mine.

Damn this is so confusing and tedious when trying to set up the ideal mining fleet, having to wait for the ship to be at max readiness each time to uninstall a drone and replace it with a different one for testing. I just wish there was a mod that shows the mining value when you hover over a weapon/ship/drone.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 27, 2021, 05:29:03 PM »

A Breaker drone wing gives 3 Blasting Lasers' worth of mining power. It doesn't have any innate mining power may be why it isn't showing up? IIRC it was showing up in the mining fighters list last time I checked a year or two ago, though.

Damn this is so confusing and tedious when trying to set up the ideal mining fleet, having to wait for the ship to be at max readiness each time to uninstall a drone and replace it with a different one for testing.

You know you can change loadouts at markets for free, right? No reason to burn CR/supplies on that.

Francis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 01, 2021, 03:47:13 AM »

Hi, I am a player from the Chinese community. Your mod is a very outstanding work, with excellent sprites, I really like this mod.
So Could I ask permission to translate it into Chinese and post it on the Chinese forum?

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 01, 2021, 05:01:46 AM »

It doesn't have any innate mining power may be why it isn't showing up? IIRC it was showing up in the mining fighters list last time I checked a year or two ago, though.

Other ships/fighters that have no innate mining power but have built-in mining weapons show up fine.
So I looked at the files and found the reason why the Breakers aren't showing up: in mining_ships.csv, roider_drone_breaker is set as TRUE in the hidden column for whatever reason. I tested with that set to FALSE and now they show up properly in the fighter section of the mining list ingame.
30$

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 01, 2021, 05:29:19 PM »

Hi, I am a player from the Chinese community. Your mod is a very outstanding work, with excellent sprites, I really like this mod.
So Could I ask permission to translate it into Chinese and post it on the Chinese forum?

Yes, you can ask for permission.

:D

(And yes, you can translate and post it. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.)

It doesn't have any innate mining power may be why it isn't showing up? IIRC it was showing up in the mining fighters list last time I checked a year or two ago, though.

Other ships/fighters that have no innate mining power but have built-in mining weapons show up fine.
So I looked at the files and found the reason why the Breakers aren't showing up: in mining_ships.csv, roider_drone_breaker is set as TRUE in the hidden column for whatever reason. I tested with that set to FALSE and now they show up properly in the fighter section of the mining list ingame.

Thank you for looking into it. I will fix that up.

ColdComfort

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 14, 2021, 06:59:11 PM »

Hello! Unsure if this is the right place to post this - I'm getting a crash to desktop when I try to retrofit hulls.

Fatal: Hullmod with id [hmi_fighteritu] not found
Check starsector.log for more info.

Here's the log except just before the crash:
14655737 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector Update\starsector-core\..\mods\Roider Union]
14699388 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector Update\starsector-core\..\mods\Roider Union]
14723788 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Hullmod with id [hmi_fighteritu] not found
java.lang.RuntimeException: Hullmod with id [hmi_fighteritu] not found
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.O00oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.isDHull(Unknown Source)
   at scripts.campaign.retrofit.Roider_BaseRetrofitPlugin.updateText(Roider_BaseRetrofitPlugin.java:326)
   at scripts.campaign.retrofit.Roider_BaseRetrofitPlugin$3.pickedFleetMembers(Roider_BaseRetrofitPlugin.java:748)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.oOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Stringsuper.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00O.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00O.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

In all fairness to SafariJohn, I have crammed my game questionably full of mods, so hard to say if it's conflicting with something that's not referenced in that log sample.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 14, 2021, 07:46:09 PM »

That's a crash being caused by Hazard Mining. Make sure your HMI is up to date.

tantananan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 14, 2021, 08:27:20 PM »

First of all, awesome and fun mod!

Great mechanics on the modules inheriting the parent module's hullmods. I was wondering if it was intentional that the modules don't inherit s-mods? It would be great if they did. Thank you!

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 15, 2021, 03:34:59 AM »

Hello! Unsure if this is the right place to post this - I'm getting a crash to desktop when I try to retrofit hulls.

That looks like an HMI crash, as SpaceDrake said.

First of all, awesome and fun mod!

Great mechanics on the modules inheriting the parent module's hullmods. I was wondering if it was intentional that the modules don't inherit s-mods? It would be great if they did. Thank you!

That is an oversight that is fixed for the next version
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35