Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.97a] Roider Union 2.1.0  (Read 401952 times)

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Roider Union 1.2.2
« Reply #180 on: April 29, 2021, 06:36:25 AM »

Do roider ships/retrofits interact with auxillary support at all?

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 29, 2021, 09:18:39 AM »

Some Roider ships have Militarized Subsystems built-in. That's it.

Gruzuk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2021, 08:43:33 PM »

I love the idea of retrofitting, but do any of you ever find it worth it? It seems not cost effective.

Every time I consider retrofitting, it just seems like its always cheaper to just sell my old ship and buy a ship from the roider shipdocks directly.

Example. I want to retrofit my pristine phaeton tanker to a roider version. Retrofitting costs me 40k. Where as I could sell the tanker for 10k, and buy a roider version for 40k in the shop. Saving me 10k overall.

Am I missing something here? Cool ships btw.

TheDboys

• Ensign
  • Dr.Pavel, I'm CIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2021, 10:53:43 PM »

I love the idea of retrofitting, but do any of you ever find it worth it? It seems not cost effective.

Every time I consider retrofitting, it just seems like its always cheaper to just sell my old ship and buy a ship from the roider shipdocks directly.

Example. I want to retrofit my pristine phaeton tanker to a roider version. Retrofitting costs me 40k. Where as I could sell the tanker for 10k, and buy a roider version for 40k in the shop. Saving me 10k overall.

Am I missing something here? Cool ships btw.

I guess it would be more of a RP choice unless the ships can keep s-mods during conversion (Haven't tried that yet so don't know if they do), or maybe if Starship legends mod mixed with this lets  the ship experience transfer to the Retrofit( Haven't tried that either so don't know if they do)

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2021, 11:26:43 PM »

I guess it would be more of a RP choice unless the ships can keep s-mods during conversion (Haven't tried that yet so don't know if they do), or maybe if Starship legends mod mixed with this lets  the ship experience transfer to the Retrofit( Haven't tried that either so don't know if they do)

That doesn't sound possible, might try it out. To be fair, retrofitting seemed expensive than just get a new ship. "Seemed" since I haven't retrofitted anything other than turning a starter Tarsus into a Condor which was around 40k or something.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 01, 2021, 03:45:02 AM »

Selling and buying pristine ships on the black market is more cost-effective.

If you have a d-mod ship, it is cheaper to convert it.
If only d-mod ships are available and you want pristine, it is cheaper to convert it.
If you compare open-market prices (since conversions include tariffs), it is cheaper to convert it.

Sometimes it is cheaper to convert, sometimes it is cheaper to buy and sell.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 15, 2021, 01:00:19 AM »

What about adding a roider version of Prometheus? It could be a fleshed out version of pather conversion just like with Colossus. Could be either a full makeshift carrier or a full dreadnaught full of ballistics. Or it might be a mobile base/refueling station - it would have a generous fuel and cargo capacity + Surveying Equipment or Salvage Gantry.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 15, 2021, 02:13:59 PM »

What about adding a roider version of Prometheus? It could be a fleshed out version of pather conversion just like with Colossus. Could be either a full makeshift carrier or a full dreadnaught full of ballistics. Or it might be a mobile base/refueling station - it would have a generous fuel and cargo capacity + Surveying Equipment or Salvage Gantry.
Knowing Roiders, their Prometheus would have 50% of the Normal capacity (1500) but have a built-in refinery to "mine" Gas Giants directly into Fuel.

coolio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2021, 02:25:33 PM »

Are fighters in this OP?

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2021, 03:39:43 PM »

Are fighters in this OP?
I would not say so, no.

I've had a discussion with SafariJohn about the Rocksaw back in 0.91, which is a 2-unit assault fighter wing sporting a low rate of fire assault chaingun and two vulcans. It did seem rather overperforming back then but I've got to admit all roider union weapons and fighter/bomber LPCs feel very much okay right now, especially after some balance changes John did after a tournament, which included the rocksaw!
- Nerfed Rocksaw-class heavy assault fighter
   - Reduced roam range from 4000 to 3000
   - Reduced chaingun's burst size from 40 to 20
   - Nerfed chaingun's DPS by 10%

Roider union has some amazing fighter LPCs, that being a vital part of their doctrine, but they're not overbearing at all. I've played most of my third campaign as a pirate hostile to them and I've raided their convoys and colonies just the same, they did very much feel in line with Persean League/Hegemony but with a stronger fighter/bomber focus that can really punish isolated ships.

I personally also suggest you to install SafariJohn's other mod, which simply rebalances Pilums back into usefulness!

Addendum: Welcome to the Forum by the way! I hope we read and reply to eachother in the future :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 03:42:36 PM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2021, 05:08:08 PM »

The Roiders definitely have a set of very useful fighters, my absolute favorite being the Dragline. For 15 OP, you get 2 infinite ammo Annihilator Rocket Pods with damn good suppressive effect for anything too slow or too occupied to escape, and 4 mini-Sharpshooters that provide a damn good PD screen as they've also got IPDAI built in. They're also very tanky in their own right, so they can take hits for you when you vent and not get shot down. Slap that on a Mora, along with a couple Rocksaws, and you've got a ridiculously good knife-fighting battle-Mora - if it can't escape the rockets, it can't escape the Mora.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised the Roiders never made their own version of the Mora - it's definitely right up their alley mechnically, functionally, and lore-wise. I can't imagine them not slapping some MIDAS armor modules on it to make it yet more tanky.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2021, 05:33:03 PM »

Most of the Roider fighters are intentionally stronger than average. I think the Bolt is the only one over-performing right now - their EMP potential seems to be more than I intended, so they will be getting the nerf bat. People have been griping about Draglines lately, but IME they are not as reliable as Xyphos wings and they walk a fine line with being completely useless.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised the Roiders never made their own version of the Mora - it's definitely right up their alley mechnically, functionally, and lore-wise. I can't imagine them not slapping some MIDAS armor modules on it to make it yet more tanky.

Why reinvent the wheel? Just slap MIDAS on a Mora. Bam, Roider Mora. Same thing with Dominators and Enforcers.

The real-life reason there aren't more (R) skins is I don't want to bloat the mod with shallow designs. I do have some future conversion ideas for them, though.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2021, 08:22:50 AM »

You know what would be fun? What if Roiders had a love/hate relationship with 'Asteroid Ships' from Asteroid Ship Pack by liam556? MIDAS systems could do ramming damage to them or something.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2021, 08:42:35 AM »

You know what would be fun? What if Roiders had a love/hate relationship with 'Asteroid Ships' from Asteroid Ship Pack by liam556? MIDAS systems could do ramming damage to them or something.

"Let me mine that asteroid you knave!"

"Don't you dare touch it, that's my to-be battlecarrier!"

I could definetly see it :P
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 31, 2021, 01:54:35 PM »

what about super strong special rare roider mora for IBB which has damper field and a super big chunk of armor welded to the front lolol
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35