Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.97a] Roider Union 2.1.0  (Read 402039 times)

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Roider Union 1.0.9
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2020, 12:13:22 PM »

Roider Union v1.0.9

Download in the OP

NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE with v1.0.8! Should be compatible with saves from v1.0.7.

Version 1.0.9
 Bug Fixes
 - Undid a silly save-breaking change.

Version 1.0.8
 Changes
 - Reduced price of Union HQ industry blueprint. Existing blueprints will still be high value.
 - Reduced cost of converting Buffalo (A) and (R) to Aurochs.

Bug Fixes
 - Fixed transponder check repeating when comms are reopened.
 - Retrofit tariff price adjustment is more accurate.
 - Fixed crash when upgrading to Union HQ.
 - Recoded Roider Dives and Union HQ. Should be less buggy.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 02:29:03 PM by SafariJohn »

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2020, 03:50:30 PM »

One change i feel you could add could be similar to the GMDA Patrol Building that was added.

I know that if you don't have a Military Base, the Roider HQ will generate fleets.

But it would be cool that even with a Military Base the Roider HQ generated Roider Fleets. Would truly showcase that the building you have is more of a 3rd party faction working with you rather.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2020, 04:18:39 PM »

Unfortunately it can't be done without spawning more patrols than a Military Base normally would. I will look into getting roider patrols to spawn when the Mil Base is disrupted, though.

Note that the Roider Union is, lore-wise, not necessarily involved with the Union HQ patrols. They are organized by local roiders, who may or may not be Union members.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2020, 07:40:25 PM »

Dropping by to express my newfround love for both the Spike and Like Drivers. I have long searched for a kinetic ounterlart of both Heavy Mortar and Hellbore cannon and these two chonky bois of yours nearly fill that range/damage per shot gap between assault range and long range kinetic firepower with great damage per shot.

I've been especially employing the Spike driver as its amazing flux to damage ratio makes for a great weapon not only on medium range combatants but on overridden ships too!

Now, I would love for a low cost kinetic sibling of the Light mortar if you think that'd be a good idea to introduce. Just give it the same pros and cons of it's two bigger brothers and with 500 range and something like 3 OP and great flux to damage ratios. Overridden ships with lots of small kinetics and combat shuttles would love using it!
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2020, 06:10:34 AM »

Now, I would love for a low cost kinetic sibling of the Light mortar if you think that'd be a good idea to introduce. Just give it the same pros and cons of it's two bigger brothers and with 500 range and something like 3 OP and great flux to damage ratios. Overridden ships with lots of small kinetics and combat shuttles would love using it!

Contender cannon from Ship And Weapon Pack. It's exactly what you described. If you can't settle with it's low rate of fire, you can always tweak it in the weapon.csv file to your liking.

Cimbri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2020, 09:27:19 AM »

So how exactly are mining prospects calculated? What does it take for a Roider Dive to activate?

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2020, 05:20:36 PM »

Dives need ore, rare ore, organics, or volatiles deposits on an unclaimed planet in the same system. A Union HQ can reach systems up to 6 light years away (Dives can technically reach 1 light year away, but systems don't spawn that close together). If a resource is available, it is supplied at a base level + the best available modifier. Ore and organics are base 1, while rare ore and volatiles are base -1.

EDIT: Sorry, got my wires crossed with something else; the base values are 1 and -1, not 3 and 1.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 02:53:28 PM by SafariJohn »

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2020, 03:52:57 AM »

Could you, please, add support for Unknown Skies new planetary conditions? Parasitic Spores in particular are supposed to completely negate demand for drugs on planet at the cost of reduced production of all industries. Roider Dives are currently not affected by them.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2020, 05:34:24 PM »

I will look into it.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2020, 02:25:13 AM »

BTW will you add any new ships in the future updates? Might be interesting to see Apogee refitted by roiders to be more economical or maybe as some kind of designated salvage vessel. Some cruiser with salvage gantry might be fitting for roiders. And maybe some unique hull mod that gives fleetwide boost for crew recovered in combat from your and enemy ships alike.

UPD: Some kind of combat tug might also be a useful addition. Maybe one refit of Buffalo or Gemini/Tarsus turned into destroyer sized tug-tanker vessel?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 02:29:45 AM by Farya »

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2020, 06:09:55 PM »

It seems that the option for asking where a roider base is disappears from the bar menu even if you don't choose it.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2020, 06:15:15 PM »

UPD: Some kind of combat tug might also be a useful addition. Maybe one refit of Buffalo or Gemini/Tarsus turned into destroyer sized tug-tanker vessel?

A combat tug is an interesting idea.

It seems that the option for asking where a roider base is disappears from the bar menu even if you don't choose it.

It is supposed to appear at a certain number of random markets, but, dimly remembering my code, it sounds like it is randomly relocating instead.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2020, 09:11:29 AM »

I suspect there is something broken with Roider HQ player could build. I didn't get it in the list after learning the blueprint. And I also got stable crashes when trying to load save made shortly after learning the blueprint.

[attachment deleted by admin]

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2020, 05:26:33 PM »

Union HQ is an upgrade to Roider Dives; you can't build it directly.

Please post the last bit of your starsector.log that shows the crash and a few lines before it. Make sure you are running v1.0.9, too; there is a crash bug related to Union HQs in older versions.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2020, 09:32:25 AM »

If you are getting the above crash, you can fix your save by going to saves/[character_name]/campaign.xml and finding some lines that look something like this:
Code
<knownIndustries z="1373">
<st>roider_union_hq</st>
<null></null>
</knownIndustries>

Just delete the "<null></null>" line and save the file.

EDIT: The crash is caused by giving yourself a corrupt version of the Union HQ blueprint through console commands. When you use "AddSpecial roider_industry_bp" you MUST specify "roider_union_hq" as the data!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 08:40:57 AM by SafariJohn »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35