Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.97a] Roider Union 2.1.0  (Read 401950 times)

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Roider Union 1.0.4
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2020, 08:23:21 PM »

Roider Union v1.0.4

Download in the OP

Save compatible update. Minor fixes. Blocked the Extreme Modifications + Fighter Clamps exploit.

Version 1.0.4
 Bug Fixes:
 - Actually for real fixed the Mudskipper variant this time

Version 1.0.3
 Bug Fixes:
 - Added kinetic damage reduction to MIDAS Armor hullmod
 - Added Telamon variants to autofit
 - Added UI tags for MIDAS hullmod
 - Added speed and maneuverability descriptions to Zap SRM and Hazard MRM
 - Blocked MIDAS on ships with MIDAS-X built in
 - Blocked Extreme Modifications + Fighter Clamps exploit
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 07:47:30 AM by SafariJohn »

Dragar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2020, 02:49:01 PM »

If the Telamon is the roider capship made from an atlas then the autofit varients aren't showing up.

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2020, 02:55:15 PM »

Can Midas be used on other ships?

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2020, 06:58:17 PM »

If the Telamon is the roider capship made from an atlas then the autofit varients aren't showing up.

Make sure you have v1.0.4. The variants won't appear unless you start a new game because the default autofits are only loaded during sector gen.

Can Midas be used on other ships?

Yup, if you find and learn the modspec.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2020, 10:33:37 PM »

Seems like MIDAS does not really work with all the ships. I tried attaching it on one of DME ships and it didn't worked even though I had enough spare OP left and mod was shown as avalible.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 06:40:46 AM by Farya »

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2020, 05:12:51 AM »

Yeah it seems it doesn't work with alot of mod ships. BRD and mayorate comes into mind on my current fleet including great house ships.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Roider Union 1.0.6
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2020, 06:57:20 PM »

Roider Union v1.0.6

Download in the OP

Save compatible update. Nexerelin alliances now properly supported. Duster reworked into a heavy fighter.

Version 1.0.6
 New Features:
 - Added extra transponder warning to certain Roider Union patrols

Changes:
 - Duster is now a heavy fighter with a Light Machine Gun

Bug Fixes:
 - MIDAS Armor's description now mentions it reduces kinetic damage
 - Fixed Union HQ submarket refreshing too often
 - Added Nexerelin alliance support to Union HQ submarket and retrofitting
 - Retrofitting now mentions that it restores hulls to pristine condition
 - Fixed bugs with spawning Rockpiper Perch station in Nexerelin random mode:
   - Station shows market stuff instead of an empty dialog
   - Midline star fortress gets replaced instead of spawning separately
 - Fixed a crash when starting a new Nexerelin random mode game

Version 1.0.5
 Bug Fixes:
 - MIDAS no longer instantly removes itself

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2020, 09:49:51 AM »

I just came across a system with a ghost roider station that seemed to be spawning fleets, they would mine and unload at a empty patch of space. Lack of intel suggests the base has been gone long enough that the fleets should have despawned by the time I showed up.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2020, 10:16:33 AM »

Currently retrofitting ships into roider versions requires reputation, commission and credits as well as the base ship. However just buying a ship has mostly the same requirements and doesn't need a base ship which makes retrofitting quite pointless(unless you want like an entire fleet of gambits or something). How about removing/lowering rep and/or commission requirements when retrofitting?

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2020, 10:46:47 AM »

I just came across a system with a ghost roider station that seemed to be spawning fleets, they would mine and unload at a empty patch of space. Lack of intel suggests the base has been gone long enough that the fleets should have despawned by the time I showed up.

Thanks for the report. I'm not sure what exactly is causing that, but added some checks that will hopefully get rid of it in the next release.

Currently retrofitting ships into roider versions requires reputation, commission and credits as well as the base ship. However just buying a ship has mostly the same requirements and doesn't need a base ship which makes retrofitting quite pointless(unless you want like an entire fleet of gambits or something). How about removing/lowering rep and/or commission requirements when retrofitting?

Retrofitting is cheaper than buying the same ship with tariffs, so long as you didn't pay for the base ship. It's also generally more lenient on how much reputation you need and whether you need to be commissioned.

Sometimes it is better to retrofit, sometimes it is better to buy.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2020, 12:56:40 PM »

Retrofitting is cheaper than buying the same ship with tariffs, so long as you didn't pay for the base ship. It's also generally more lenient on how much reputation you need and whether you need to be commissioned.
Ah sorry, I forgot that nexerelin lowers tariffs. As you said when tariffs are at default values, you get about a 10% discount when retrofitting, however with nexerelin installed, there is only like a 1% difference in credits with the Atlas conversion. So maybe further lower costs when nexerelin is installed? Or better yet change retrofit costs based on tariffs?

Also... can we get a roider variant colossus Mk3? please?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 01:19:03 PM by mora »

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Roider Union 1.0.7
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2020, 04:02:37 PM »

Roider Union v1.0.7

Download in the OP

Save compatible update. Matched certain upcoming vanilla changes in preparation for Discord tournament 11.

Version 1.0.7
 New Features
 - Retrofits adjust costs based on Nexerelin's 18% tariffs

Changes:
 - MIDAS now reduces EMP damage instead of kinetic damage
 - Tried to make MIDAS Armor correctly transfer hull and armor improvements
 - Matching upcoming vanilla changes:
   - Dragline's roaming range is now 0
   - Rocksaw's chaingun nerfed from 90 damage to 75 damage

Bug Fixes:
 - Extra transponder warning from certain Roider patrols now works
 - Fixed crash bug when sometimes starting a Nexerelin random mode game
 - Fixed typos in a couple dialogs
 - Hopefully fixed some zombie fringe fleet spawning
 - Fixed incorrectly blocked retrofit access payment

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2020, 04:50:00 PM »

I was just going to say how disgustingly effective the Rocksaw was when I read the mod changes you just posted. Good one!

That said, bringing in a full Rocksaw carrier more or less equals to bolstering your fleet with infinitely respawning Overridden Rock Hounds with an Assault Chaingun and the result shows.

I've actually had one of my Slugworth junker carriers (20FP, 3 LPCs, boosts fighter damage, from HMI ) sporting three of those actually deal over 1000% damage on the battle results screen. Meaning it dealt 10 times it's own massive amounts of hull points in damage to the enemy across the battle.

I get it's slow, has no shield and is worth 16OP but it probably has both the best burst and damage potential across all, non carpet bombing LPCs, maybe even including the Immortal Assault Corvette that requires a whopping 26OP to install.

Having two fighters in the wing is fine, so is their HP and armor since they're heavy fighters, but I think reducing their engagement range and maybe even having them retreat to the mother ship (once their limited assault Chaingun ammo is expended) once in a while would rein them back into sanity.

You could probably buff their speed and nerf their handling to both incentivize aggressive carrier usage (less time to go back and reload the Chaingun if the carrier is close to the enemy) and make it less of a delete-everything-it-looks-at-wrong and more of a heavy fighter/bomber hybrid that's the good against enemy ships but that needs help vs enemy fighters.

Edit:made more sense of what I wrote. I also forgot to say I am loving your mod and I'm having a blast fighting against the Roider Union for the control of the sector as HMI :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 04:54:23 PM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2020, 06:26:45 PM »

I have thought about making them bomber-like, but I suspect they would either be mediocre or even stronger than now. Reducing their roam range is a good idea, but any changes will have to wait until after the tournament.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2020, 08:06:27 PM »

I have thought about making them bomber-like, but I suspect they would either be mediocre or even stronger than now. Reducing their roam range is a good idea, but any changes will have to wait until after the tournament.

Word. It's about time I also watched some tournaments to see what people think is the most OP thing in the known sane modiverse and try to win with it.

I'd say the Rocksaw is ok unless you start seeing Condors spamming them with their damage boost :P

Edit: how do you think having them do bomber runs instead of never having them go back to the mother ship would make them stronger? Assuming you buff their speed from the 120ish  to something like 135 but also only give them two Chaingun clips (one for the way in and one for their way out) they would become some of the best ways to deliver heavy damage to a moving target (also become better at chasing small ships) but would lose the staying power and maybe also some handling to not just maul thru swarms of enemy fighters.

The problem as far as I am concerned is not a Rocksaw carrier nuking relatively slow frigades to kingdom come, the problem is a 20ish FP carrier using Rocksaws soloing the lower range of both vanilla and mod  35-35FP ships by itself.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 08:20:58 PM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35