Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35

Author Topic: [0.97a] Roider Union 2.1.0  (Read 402068 times)

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Roider Union - Expeditions - 1.4.4
« Reply #390 on: September 10, 2022, 06:03:22 PM »

2.0 teaser:
New Cowboy-class Light Carrier frigate using Doldrums Chainguns, a new premium small kinetic ballistic that will be featured on the Rocksaw heavy fighter, replacing its Assault Chaingun.

Old Cowboy sprite will be used a for a support-oriented carrier to supplement the new Roider destroyer carrier, the Calidor:

Cool, not really a fan of winged spaceship in general but looking forward to it  ;D

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 11, 2022, 06:25:54 AM »

Are these wings some kind of enlarged hangars to quickly deploy lots of fighters? Would be sad if that one won't have Reserve Deployment as system. And new Cowboy would be a "side-grade" of Nolasher made out of Wayfarer right?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 06:32:41 AM by Farya »

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 11, 2022, 08:49:28 AM »

Calidor is a 2 deck + 1 drone wing carrier - so yeah it has a lot of fighters - system is Interdiction Array or something like that to inconvenience flankers.

Nolasher is replaced by Cowboy. Cowboy is much more badass, anyways.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 08:54:37 AM by SafariJohn »

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 11, 2022, 10:59:39 AM »

Roider ships are really becoming more unique and interesting. That's really cool. They are less of indie+ now with all these techmined designs now. Though it's still really strange that roiders don't have a designated survey ship of sorts.

No1InParTQlar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 19, 2022, 09:41:29 PM »

Heya, great mod. I seem to have broken the Roider Expedition intel tab somehow tho. Every time I try to open it in the intel screen, game crashes without fail.
137609 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at scripts.campaign.fleets.expeditions.Roider_TechExpeditionIntel.addBulletPoints(Roider_TechExpeditionIntel.java:248)
   at scripts.campaign.fleets.expeditions.Roider_TechExpeditionIntel.createIntelInfo(Roider_TechExpeditionIntel.java:290)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.A.recreate(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.A.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.õ00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.tagsChanged(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.oO0O.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.F.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0OO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OO0O.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
I noticed you mentioned an expeditions fix in the latest version changelog, which I'm fairly certain I've been using for the whole save. I'm not sure if I borked something somewhere else mayhaps, but I can still play normally just as long as I don't click the Roider Expedition tab, so it's not a save destroyer. Thought I'd drop this here just incase it's helpful.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 20, 2022, 01:24:59 AM »

Might you possibly allow Roider HQ to use Cryoarithmetic Engine just like Military Base can?

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 20, 2022, 03:43:05 AM »

Heya, great mod. I seem to have broken the Roider Expedition intel tab somehow tho. Every time I try to open it in the intel screen, game crashes without fail.

Something removed a market or star system that was the source/destination of an expedition. It should clear up when the expedition times out.

No1InParTQlar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 21, 2022, 05:46:26 AM »

Hmm, I feel like something may have hung up somewhere along the way. I can load up a save dated 210/10/05 where the tab is functional, can see origin point and destination (Which is an indie port called 'Girtabik Refuge' in the middle of nowhere and some unexplored orange star, if any of that matters). My very next save at 210/10/28 and the tab crashes me every time, and what would seem to be every subsequent save, all the way up to my current 214/02/12 save.

I'm not sure if the time-out of that fleet is intended to be that long, but that's been quite a bit of irl game time the tab has been out of commission, plus I haven't noticed any other expeditions popping up anywhere. Again, not a huge deal for me, everything else has been functional. Expeditions, however, appear to be completely borked on this save.

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 21, 2022, 06:06:34 AM »

What was the issue with old MIDAS' asteroid interactions again? I'm struggling to really traverse Roider added core systems with the EMP based MIDAS/

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 21, 2022, 06:45:00 AM »

Hmm, I feel like something may have hung up somewhere along the way. I can load up a save dated 210/10/05 where the tab is functional, can see origin point and destination (Which is an indie port called 'Girtabik Refuge' in the middle of nowhere and some unexplored orange star, if any of that matters). My very next save at 210/10/28 and the tab crashes me every time, and what would seem to be every subsequent save, all the way up to my current 214/02/12 save.

The indie port probably got destroyed. FTR the intel will never go away if you marked it as important - if you did, you can edit your save file to remove that, then it will go away on its own.

What was the issue with old MIDAS' asteroid interactions again? I'm struggling to really traverse Roider added core systems with the EMP based MIDAS/

Alex broke access to the stuff it needed to modify.

No1InParTQlar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 21, 2022, 06:52:22 PM »

I'm fairly certain I never marked that particular intel as important, and I imagine it would be crashing each time I opened the important tab as well if it were, which it is not and does not appear there. The only tabs which crash are the Expedition and Independent intel tabs, the latter of which I only noticed recently. I wandered over to the systems that were source and destination to take a quick peek around and found a different indie station than mentioned in the intel, presumably rebuilt at some point after the last indie port was destroyed. The destination had what I assume to be the tech cache with multiple salvage opportunities and several small remnant fleets, plus a lone indie fleet named 'Roiders' which I figured to be the tech expedition. To try a couple things out, destroying the roider fleet made no change, nor did clearing the system of other fleets and interactables.

Afterward, I poked around a bit in the campaign.xml and found what seemed to be the offending fleet. Pretty much everything in there is beyond my knowledge, but I did notice a "noAutoDespawn" set to true that seemed to be in regards that particular fleet. I've since set it to false just to see if it makes any difference down the road. Also, after a cursory inspection of the file, there DO seem to be plenty of other expeditions happening in the save, I just hadn't seen them, so that was my error. Just this one doesn't seem to want to stop giving me problems.

Regardless, thanks for the replies. I'll give it another cycle or two and see if anything changes and perhaps pop back on here if it hasn't resolved itself.

power12359

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 10, 2022, 01:22:48 PM »

So I built a roider dive and I notice there are now roiders in my star system. Do they do anything or are they just decorative?

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 10, 2022, 06:14:00 PM »

They'll help fight invaders, but that is about it.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 14, 2022, 02:16:13 AM »

So I built a roider dive and I notice there are now roiders in my star system. Do they do anything or are they just decorative?
They are essentially your basic militia. They could help against weaker pirate scouts and such, but nothing else. However they draw blueprints from roiders and not your faction doctrine - so early game a HQ may be better for defense than a proper military base, because lack of heavy industry would only affect ships quality but not hulls usable for them.

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 20, 2022, 07:14:02 PM »

Alex broke access to the stuff it needed to modify.

I was just coming here to complain about this, I couldn't figure out why I was having so much trouble with asteroids, then I looked at the tooltip, thought I was going crazy, then I reinstalled 1.3.13 and looked at the tooltip there and went "ah-ha, I DID remember that" ... Do you mean that the 1.3 MIDAS simply doesn't work, or is crashy, or what?  Because if it works in any kind of sense I am totally ready to ditch any other fixes and upgrades and roll back to 1.3.  Asteroid impact protection was the single most interesting thing in this mod.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35