Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: A quick hello and a friendly place in SC  (Read 20016 times)

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
A quick hello and a friendly place in SC
« on: August 13, 2015, 05:23:31 PM »

Hi everyone.
Wow, been a long time, hasn't it?
I can't really remember when I took a break from SS. Suffice to say, it's great fun still and the gripes I had that drove me away have really been fixed. I've enjoyed coming back to the game and it's refreshing.
Cheers Alex. You remain in my eyes the greatest indie developer of all time. Balance is still top notch, feel is top notch, trading is excellently implemented etc. etc.
I continue to look forward to the new patches and development with renewed vigour.

While I've been gone, I moved into Star Citizen. I'm surprised to see not much is being spoken about of it here - after all, without this forum I'd have never known it existed. I've become really fondly involved with the wonderful community over there, I've also learned a lot about the project's details, including a lot of stuff you won't find written anywhere online. If you have any questions, even if it's as simple as 'is this a snake oil scam?'. Please, feel free to ask. I'll check back here semi-regularly. If I don't know, I'll ask one of the devs like Matt when they're in chat.
I know at least a few of you will be backers. Or maybe none? Whatever the case is, we've started an org (tonight actually) to give you a friendly place to stay in the 'verse.
I was a little surprised to see one didn't exist before.
It's here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/ISSF
You don't need to pledge to join, but we were just interested in helping band together this community in the crazy dense world that is SC.
We might or might not play together in game. We probably will cross paths, and probably blow each other up (though I'll win ;) ) but... well, when Operation Pitchfork is go and everyone starts invading Vanduul space at the end of beta, maybe we could bring an Onslaught to help, eh?

Other than that, I hope you're all well. I've finished AS levels and am just about to finish my last year of school. A terrible deal has changed in the time I've been gone, a lot of sad and a lot of happy. Mostly sad.

Other than that, Hi. I'm Xareh.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
Re: A quick hello and a friendly place in SC
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 10:14:06 PM »

Well, i'm possibly new-ish in this forum, so hello

I'm guessing you was around since the first days of Starsector, if so then that's great

I also do hope you had fun on Star Citizen due to the scale it's going to be at, which is cool.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

CrazyDave

• Commander
  • Never left, stopped posting
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 12:48:02 AM »

Ah yes, Star Citizen, the game that will probably be my excuse to finally get around to upgrading my (way out of date) specs.

I've been keeping an eye on the larger updates and am definitely looking forward to the release. Fingers crossed it lives up the the hype!
Naysmyth Armouries, for all your blasting needs.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 02:47:24 AM »

I'm guessing you was around since the first days of Starsector, if so then that's great

Correct assumption, he's a very ancient forum member, dating back to roughly 2012.

Welcome back bud, you looking to play and mod StarFar-Sector again?
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 11:46:48 AM »

I think my future with Starsector is going to be probably very solo. I reckon I'll just grab some mods and have a bit of fun but I don't think I'll especially partake in it all again.
Most of my time is consumed by handling the big beastly ships in SC, like the BMM and Carrack. I spend an unhealthy time helping people out on those forums... you'll undoubtedly see me if you go to RSI.
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 12:12:26 PM »

Correct assumption, he's a very ancient forum member, dating back to roughly 2012.

Registered the same day as me, apparently oO
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 10:05:17 PM »

I can't really remember when I took a break from SS.
It was that time when SS update with CR went alive. You and Upgradecap made "rage" videa about it and decided not to come back in SS anymore (because of CR)   ;D

Anyway, hi man  ;D
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 05:19:27 AM »

I'm a little surprised as well that Star Citizen isn't brought up much here, considering how good both audiences are at waiting unimaginably long times for updates. I've spent a little bit more than I care to admit on it.

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 05:59:08 AM »

I can't really remember when I took a break from SS.
It was that time when SS update with CR went alive. You and Upgradecap made "rage" videa about it and decided not to come back in SS anymore (because of CR)   ;D

Anyway, hi man  ;D
Yeah haha, CR I find is a lot less aggressive and much more workable nowadays. It's actually really interesting now to balance out your earnings with CR, it's pretty clear that before a lot of the elements that made CR tick weren't in there. It was a super jarring change at first but now with proper supply and demand, bounty mechanics and the loot it's way easier to progress your character and fleet. Where before, I really did have difficulties clawing my way to anything better than a Wolf as I was spending huge amounts on supplies which were consumed so quickly.

Not a problem now.
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 09:06:24 AM »

Been meaning to get into SC, Just trying to find the right time to devote my soul to a game :3
- Albert Einstein

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 09:22:18 AM »

Might purchase the constellation andromeda :3
- Albert Einstein

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 09:39:55 AM »

Well first, Fallout 4 will tide us over for now....

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2015, 10:00:14 AM »

Welcome back and good luck with.... well you know.... life... ;D

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 05:25:46 PM »

I'm a little surprised as well that Star Citizen isn't brought up much here, considering how good both audiences are at waiting unimaginably long times for updates. I've spent a little bit more than I care to admit on it.
Yeah, I'm at... $1,100? Which is utterly insane for my age (17) - must be one of the youngest Concierge members around.

I mean, that's more than most of my friends have spent on their first cars. I dunno what it was that convinced me to spend so much.
It's a great ship especially once the rework goes live, though I swapped mine for a Carrack. Excellent all rounder. I had one as my last package, probably pick one up again once I do some more work. It's very fatiguing on your wallet to have to claw your way back up to those levels, usually you 'chunk it' so buy €100 here, €100 there, oh look, only €64 left to get it, that's relatively cheap.

Also, if you're EU, buy in Euroes. the Euro price takes into account VAT and is a lot lower to remain competitive with non VAT prices. Which is an enormous deal when buying $250-350+ ships.
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 07:40:11 PM »

Yeah, I'm at... $1,100? Which is utterly insane for my age (17) - must be one of the youngest Concierge members around.

I mean, that's more than most of my friends have spent on their first cars. I dunno what it was that convinced me to spend so much.

Haha, that is pretty intense. My 'fleet' consists of a Constellation Phoenix (+loaner Merlin), a 890 Jump, and a Retaliator. The Retaliator is fitted with a back torpedo bay and front living quarters, the torpedo bay may get melted if another combat related bay is released. I never cared much for limited, high power ammunition weapons. I got into it during the Kickstarter, got the Constellation Package to start for $250.00. I don't regret it, this game is the one shot we'll have for a very long time for a space game of this scale. No development team will be able to pull together the resources to build a game like this with publisher overhead, even if something similar was greenlit.

The Carrack is a really nice ship, the science and exploration roles remind me a lot of a smaller Enterprise. Pretty large compared to other Star Citizen ships however, larger so than the 890 Jump. I'm assuming the armaments will be fairly lacking, but that's always something that can be compensated for. I've always been a fan of the larger more luxury ships myself however.

Haha, do it. Was my first ship, although I upgraded to a different Constellation model. To me, the constellation is one of the ships that really sticks out to me from Star Citizen. Beautiful ship that looks to be designed for a lot of roles. And then you get the snub fighter, the Merlin makes me happy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4