Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Things to do...  (Read 1603 times)

rabbittruns

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Things to do...
« on: August 05, 2015, 06:37:53 AM »

I have enjoyed this game a lot, but I am wondering what else is there to do? So far I have accumulated a decent sized fleet, and have over a million credits in cash and many assets.. I am fighting for the Hegemony, and I was wondering if there is a way to rid the home sector of pirates, or fight other factions and take territory for the Hegemony? What else is there to do after you have made a ton of money? Also, are there more than 6 systems in the game?  I have looked for answers to these questions before posting but even the wiki doesn't offer much..

Lind

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Things to do...
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 06:50:32 AM »

I'd say Vanilla isn't exactly hard to make progress in once you figure out the way things work, I've owned SS for a little more than a week and yes, got to your point pretty fast, but here's the deal, you can roleplay and limit yourself, also, don't be shy of annoying other factions, it may look like the way to go, but it renders the game flat after a while.
I'm currently trying this:
- A pirate playthrough, trying to get my rep up with the pirates, at the expenses of every (or almost) factions. Making money by smuggling and having to constantly avoid factions patrols is quite challenging.
- A merchant playthrough with a fleet mostly composed of freighters, basing your decision making on the economy. You'll have to be very careful of pirates and enemy factions, minmax your logistics, fuel costs and such aiming for the best possible profit. Also, trading with a faction ruins your rep with the opposing ones, which makes room for more meaningful choices.

Other than that I'd say get into modding. SS+ may be the way to go. Get that and a bunch of cation mods and the game will feel completely new.

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 07:23:33 AM »

Nexerelin mod is all about faction warfare and capturing stuff, try it out! There is a lot of great faction mods and, of course, Starsector+.

TheHengeProphet

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 09:21:56 AM »

Mods can definitely be your saving grace here.

I suggest SS+, as it adds even larger bounties, but if that isn't enough, there are plenty of other mods out there that do other things.

Good luck!

rabbittruns

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 10:01:38 AM »

thanks for the replies! hopefully the devs will keep progressing and adding more content to this fun game.