Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gone for two and half months, suddenly officers!  (Read 1763 times)

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
Gone for two and half months, suddenly officers!
« on: April 12, 2015, 11:37:26 PM »

Seriously. So I just recently returned from a two-ish month vacation of sorts and had a lot of stuff to deal with when I got back, now that I finally dealt with all that I think, oh i'll go see if the entire community has committed murder yet over missile regen and infinite ballistics ( that was the big thing going on when I left) and I come back to see people excitedly discussing officers, along with not ONE but TWO blog posts about my favorite things, officers and non officer NPCs becoming persistent.

The idea of persistent NPCs in SS is something I've been looking forward to for a long time, but really started hitting home when a certain patrol officer of the hegemony kept popping up in all of my games and causing me much grief. And the number of times I've posted about the idea of meeting a rugged, but broken down character in a space bar with lots of regrets and reshaping them back to their former glory captaining one of my ships, is down right silly.

While I realize that the NPCs that will be persistent are people like mission givers ( since there are no quests in space) but the idea that eventually it might make it's way down to patrol officers and captains is a fun thing to think about. Especially since the aforementioned patrol captain recently became a much higher level hegemony officer and the idea of that advancement actually being a game mechanic instead of random luck of the name generator. ( by the way if you ever see a Captain Katherine in command of a hegemony patrol or armada sink a few reapers into her flagship for me)

Anyway glad to see that at least things kept moving here while I was away. ( Although I doubt anyone noticed I was missing)
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.

Shuka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Gone for two and half months, suddenly officers!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 04:57:55 PM »

Yeah this game is mad fun, in my last playthrough the other factions relations were changing quite frequently and were not at all where they were when I started the game.