Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90]

Author Topic: Starsector 0.7a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 574486 times)

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.7a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1335 on: November 30, 2015, 02:40:28 PM »

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Luckily most of your concerns with the current version will already be fixed in the next version, 7.1, which will be available pretty soon. By the way, you can hide your black market activity by a) docking with your transponder of and b) doing legal trading in parallel.

For the future, you posts would be much easier to read if you would use punctuation and paragraphs.

there are times i save my game and exit (only play iron mode) and try loading a game and saved game has a bug cant load game and before u say mod i never play with mods

You gen use a backup safe. Look under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\saves\nameofyoursave" and replace the files there with the .bak files (delete the ".bak" in the name).

It would probably help in finding the problem if you could send your corrupted safe to fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 02:47:17 PM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: November 30, 2015, 02:50:11 PM »

there are times i save my game and exit (only play iron mode) and try loading a game and saved game has a bug cant load game and before u say mod i never play with mods

Hi! The proper place for bug reports is here, btw.

1) If you have a save where this happens, would you mind emailing that to me? fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com. If this happens again, also, the last couple of hundred lines in the logfile would be helpful to see. The logfile is typically found in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\starsector.log

2) You can recover your previous save from the campaign.xml.bak file found in the save's directory - just move the campaign.xml somewhere, and then remove the .bak from the filename of the backup file.

Mr. Sterling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: November 30, 2015, 07:03:05 PM »

i dont have the corrupted save any more but will b glad send log file there have been other crashes but don't remember the specifics.

i have had other thoughts on game like when i do cap a ship that has a captain why do i lose that stolen captain when i mothball and store the ship?

also i don't know about other ppl but me i have never or rarely made any $ doing trades (except buying low end newb crew and selling high end elite crew or when there is a massive price increase from a shortage) any thoughts there?

as for hiding the trades it's a lil hard to hide 115k bm trades with 5k legit trades :) but there are no legit trades at a pirate base lol and as a pirate can't really do any legit trading as all markets (except neutral atm) are banned from me.

i constantly get into fights where i take on 50 or 100+ ships ( yes i do win) law of averages would state there b more then 1 ship that can be captured but as it currently is m lucky to even get 1 ship that i can cap is that something else being looked into? maybe cap more than 1 ship at a time divide mercs up so many  ship a so many ship b etc by selecting the number of mercs i want to attack ship a and ship b?

bounty missions go kill so and so at location so and so always affects the pirate rep how about other bounties for other factions or have all bounty kill so and so missions not mess with any faction rep as it's a specific target not a faction target?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 07:42:39 PM by Mr. Sterling »

Troll

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: December 01, 2015, 04:21:32 AM »

has a captain why do i lose that stolen captain when i mothball and store the ship?

also i don't know about other ppl but me i have never or rarely made any $ doing trades (except buying low end newb crew and selling high end elite crew or when there is a massive price increase from a shortage) any thoughts there?

as for hiding the trades it's a lil hard to hide 115k bm trades with 5k legit trades :) but there are no legit trades at a pirate base lol and as a pirate can't really do any legit trading as all markets (except neutral atm) are banned from me.

The issue where you keep the captain from a capped ship is a bug, it is already fixed in the new build (not available yet).
To black market trades, you should try to deactivate your transponder so that you're not recognized. To do so you need to be out of sight of other fleet before reaching a market. You also must not have been seen right before deactivation as they will conclude it is you they see with no transponder.
Also, do not forget that having transponder off means patrols will chase you so that you put it back on, incurring a reputation penalty as well.

Draba

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: December 04, 2015, 06:32:50 AM »

The moment I stop checking for a while the new version pops up :)
Officers, sensors, smuggling, boarding and the whole nine yards of other changes, looks great.

Phyroks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: December 04, 2015, 10:56:20 PM »

really enjoying the sensors and other new stuff, great work!
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90]