Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 90

Author Topic: Starsector 0.7a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 574451 times)

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.7a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2015, 10:07:43 AM »

Can officers switch ships mid battle? they could bail out of a disabled ship and you could order them to control another ship.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2015, 10:37:06 AM »

Absolutely, positively, definitely not :)

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2015, 03:04:07 PM »

So maybe?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2015, 03:04:45 PM »

Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2015, 03:27:15 PM »

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2015, 08:38:17 AM »

How about the enemy fleet commander?

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2015, 09:26:39 AM »

Good question, I was wondering the same thing, will commanders and officers also be part of "persistent NPCs?"

Will they die? Will they be randomly generated? What about their stories and roles...

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2015, 10:33:18 AM »

What about their stories and roles...
Simple, they die (like good Disposable Heroes) so the player gets XP and levels up.  Always more where they came from.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2015, 12:21:58 PM »

How about the enemy fleet commander?

Transferring about their fleet? Same answer as above - it just gets too... fiddly.

Good question, I was wondering the same thing, will commanders and officers also be part of "persistent NPCs?"

Will they die? Will they be randomly generated? What about their stories and roles...

I've been thinking about that. Not right now, but maybe - there are some interesting possibilities there.

Talkie Toaster

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2015, 03:30:11 PM »

I've been thinking about that. Not right now, but maybe - there are some interesting possibilities there.
It would be great to be able to butter up Hegemony commanders with Volturnian Lobster (via personal missions?) whilst they're on base, so that they're more likely to let you pass without paying a toll when they're out and about later.

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2015, 03:55:56 PM »

Any word on the ships that have not been added back in, like the torpedo bomber, sabot fighter, and the huge carrier?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2015, 04:21:54 PM »

Any word on the ships that have not been added back in, like the torpedo bomber, sabot fighter

These aren't even on my radar right now, honestly. Little bits of content (which is what those guys are, imo) are going to come and go. They might come back, and they might not. We'll see!

and the huge carrier?

I'm not sure what ship you're talking about - if it's the Astral (high tech carrier, capital ship) then it's still in the game, both missions and campaign. It shouldn't even be that rare at the one Tri-Tachyon military base. If it's something else, then consider me officially confused :)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2015, 04:39:53 PM »

The above question made me think: Alex, do you reckon there will be more content in the form of raw new ships, weapons, factions etc. in the patches at some point? When all the hooks are in place and functional? A lot of content comes each patch now too, but mostly in the form of more star systems and entirely new mechanics.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2015, 04:47:24 PM »

The above question made me think: Alex, do you reckon there will be more content in the form of raw new ships, weapons, factions etc. in the patches at some point? When all the hooks are in place and functional? A lot of content comes each patch now too, but mostly in the form of more star systems and entirely new mechanics.

I'd say it's highly likely, though I definitely can't say how much compared to the current content in those areas. Some of the current ideas being tossed about internally require new content, there are some gaps in ship roles I'd like to eventually fill, etc. Some of this is lower priority, some higher, and how it all shakes out just depends on too many factors to say anything definitive.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2015, 04:56:09 PM »

I'm not sure what ship you're talking about - if it's the Astral (high tech carrier, capital ship) then it's still in the game, both missions and campaign. It shouldn't even be that rare at the one Tri-Tachyon military base. If it's something else, then consider me officially confused :)
I never found the Astral in Tibicena, but I have no problem finding Odyssey or Paragon.

In Nexerelin, I have found Astral spawn in Tri-Tachyon bases with a large enough population, such as those with 10^6.  Maybe 10^5 too, but not sure about that.  Have not found an Astral in bases with 10^4 population like Tibicena.  Does population influence ship spawning?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 90