Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lashers  (Read 5567 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Lashers
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 08:02:47 AM »

Vulcans are still good, especially on Lashers you will not pilot; they have a better chance than machine guns to stop Salamanders and other stuff.

I stopped bothering with quality weapons on a Lasher.  They really are disposable units that are good at dying, possibly taking out some enemies before then.  Just mount some autocannons, Vulcans, LAG, and maybe some missiles, and crank capacitors and vents as high as possible and let the AI be as suicidal as it wants.

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 08:18:08 AM »

Armor and hull mods are much better on lashers then shields, but all close range weapons on them and treat them like a disposable bomber.

Except then you lose too much crew...  :P

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2015, 09:01:27 AM »

In my case, armor hullmods are not an option - no points in the armor skill, even at level 74.  Everything else except possibly Field Repairs is more attractive.

I do not like close-range weapons on anything (e.g., Lasher with MGs and mortars) once I start to use 20+ ships, because fewer ships can attack a single target.

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 02:25:11 AM »

Yes thats right, in this particular case, I went for full technology and Logistics. So my lashers are heavily screened by alot of fighters and missiles

So the fleet is something like

For every Carrier (condor or gemini, venture is ok too)
3x Fighter wing
1x Lasher or Vigilance support

While I pilot something made for max offense often never needing to turn on shields. The Lashers act the role as bombers, putting in some high damage on armor and hull.

In this case the #1 cause of death for my lashers are the first wave of enemy missiles completely overwhelming them, but this can be mitigated if I fly a ship in the front just to bait the missiles. (But is quite annoying and repetitive to do)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I don't do this alot because a dozen fighters and three dozen pilums flying around tend to slow my fps down hard.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 02:31:55 AM by Linnis »
Pages: 1 [2]