Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3048142 times)

Lappers

• Lieutenant
  • Professional vegetable
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Nexerelin v0.10.6z (beta update 2023-05-14)
« Reply #5310 on: May 18, 2023, 07:43:43 PM »

Is the Salvation mission not meant to be doable currently or is there some prerequisite I didn't see? I've done all the preceding missions and gotten rep with Dissonant and Remnant faction both to 100, but the mission really doesn't want to appear.

Argoroth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: May 18, 2023, 09:02:13 PM »

Turn off the strategic AI in settings (LunaLib if you have that, the exerelin_config.json file otherwise), it doesn't work right now.
Thank you for the help.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5312 on: May 19, 2023, 03:49:02 AM »

Is the Salvation mission not meant to be doable currently or is there some prerequisite I didn't see? I've done all the preceding missions and gotten rep with Dissonant and Remnant faction both to 100, but the mission really doesn't want to appear.
It's currently disabled due to not being entirely finished (could be enabled with script if someone really wants and knows where to look, but I don't recommend it); will be available next release.

Lappers

• Lieutenant
  • Professional vegetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: May 19, 2023, 08:03:21 AM »

It's currently disabled due to not being entirely finished (could be enabled with script if someone really wants and knows where to look, but I don't recommend it); will be available next release.
Damn, this is so sad
I'll be awaiting that release then.

who turned matias torres into an AI core

Dark Pixel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: May 19, 2023, 01:10:56 PM »

Hi, i Just wanted to know if the "Prism in hyperspace" config option is broken/abandoned? It's not available from the lunalib mod config menu and when i turn it on in the config file, the system is generated anyway.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: May 19, 2023, 03:05:09 PM »

Hi, i Just wanted to know if the "Prism in hyperspace" config option is broken/abandoned? It's not available from the lunalib mod config menu and when i turn it on in the config file, the system is generated anyway.

Spawning markets in hyperspace was a feature that never really worked that well, and was completely deprecated by .95, IIRC. So yes, there is essentially no option for full-hyperspace Prism anymore.

Rohzdear

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: May 20, 2023, 06:02:53 AM »

Is there a way to manually disable the Alliance System and other 4X features? I really want the rest of Nexelerin Features (Events, Game Starts, Gameplay Tweaks, etc.) without having to deal with the diplomacy and Invasion/Raid feature.

My main complaint is that Diplomacy/Alliances and the actions factions take on these feel too arbitrary and random (Tri-Tach can form alliances with Luddic Church and Hegemony despite philosophical differences in policies and so), and that Invasions feel too detached from player input. I'd prefer it if these 4X features were more tied to storylines the player can go through to determine the fate of the sector, and Invasions to occur as direct repercussions of Player and Faction actions in these storylines so that they feel more impactful and overarching.

Jk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: May 20, 2023, 09:07:52 AM »

I don't know if it's a mod thing or not. But Tri was hostile towards me. I gave them a pretty nice planet in hopes for better relationship, but the attitude towards me increased only by 3. Should it be a little higher?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5318 on: May 20, 2023, 07:25:18 PM »

Is there a way to manually disable the Alliance System and other 4X features? I really want the rest of Nexelerin Features (Events, Game Starts, Gameplay Tweaks, etc.) without having to deal with the diplomacy and Invasion/Raid feature.
Most of the settings can be toggled in the Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json file (you'll probably want to set enableInvasions to false and set allianceGracePeriod to 99999 or such, possibly some other stuff). The file Nexerelin/data/config/exerelin/diplomacyConfig.json has a diplomacy interval you can crank up to likewise disable diplomacy events.

If you have the LunaLib mod, the invasion toggle is already in the ingame config menu and diplomacy will be next version; maybe I'll add alliance settings as well.

I don't know if it's a mod thing or not. But Tri was hostile towards me. I gave them a pretty nice planet in hopes for better relationship, but the attitude towards me increased only by 3. Should it be a little higher?
The relationship gain data will be printed in the dialog screen before the transfer. Are there any values that look like they're too low? If so, screenshot and let me know.

(Also keep in mind that there's a huge reduction in relationship gain if you've recently conquered that planet from that faction, to avoid "haha here's your planet back, rep++" exploits)

That setting is disabled for the reasons SpaceDrake describes, yeah.

Rohzdear

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: May 20, 2023, 11:09:50 PM »

Most of the settings can be toggled in the Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json file (you'll probably want to set enableInvasions to false and set allianceGracePeriod to 99999 or such, possibly some other stuff). The file Nexerelin/data/config/exerelin/diplomacyConfig.json has a diplomacy interval you can crank up to likewise disable diplomacy events.

If you have the LunaLib mod, the invasion toggle is already in the ingame config menu and diplomacy will be next version; maybe I'll add alliance settings as well.

I do use Lunalib and have modified the settings for Nex manually beforehand. I don't mind minor Raids between factions as such as long as they follow the vanilla Hostilities feature, but invasions and diplomatic changes feel like they should be grand events dictated by how the Player's story in the Sector develops.
I'll try the suggested settings, and I do look up for having more control over Nex's 4X features and more. Cheers!

Lappers

• Lieutenant
  • Professional vegetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: May 21, 2023, 06:25:35 AM »

Is there some way to keep Dissonant from spawning on Prism? I like to have it there so I don't have duplicate blueprints taking up space, but it's also nice to go to other places every once in a while.

Shinr

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: May 21, 2023, 07:41:04 AM »

Huh.

As someone who did not want to dive into the 4X-fest immediately (initially downloaded Nex because Iron Shell demanded it), my impression from the OP FAQ was that one had to manually set the PlayableFaction value of every single faction in every single mod to False to prevent them from erasing each other (destabilization aside).

Since it turns out that Nex has a global setting for downgrading Invasions to Raids among other things to achieve the same thing, can you put it into the FAQ to explain that it(they) exist?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: May 21, 2023, 09:25:10 AM »

EDIT: Sorry, I found the bug and it was caused by TASC. Please ignore the below!

Hello Histidine,

A bug was reported to me where if a station constructed via TASC is transferred to another faction using Nexerelin there is no tariff applied to the open market. See the below video for an example of the problem and how it can be exploited to obtain infinite credits.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1074272495617703938/1078303358223388754/IMG_2904.mov

I looked through your code for transferring markets to another faction and I didn't see any obvious reason this would occur. I tested it with a vanilla station that I invaded and the bug does not occur there. Do you know what might be causing this? I would be happy to make changes in TASC if necessary to fix it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 12:24:49 PM by boggled »

aaron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: May 22, 2023, 07:47:16 AM »

Hello everyone, I really like the mod but after updating my mods I keep running into a null pointer exception.

My mods are: Combat Chatter, Graphics Lib, Hiver Swarm, LazyLib, MagicLib, Nexerelin, and realistic combat. Is it because realistic combat is no longer compatible with Nexerelin? I noticed in the mod UI when I toggle things off and on, they wont all be active unless I press "Enable All".

Thanks again.

456388 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.computeFPHullDamage(FleetEncounterContext.java:1970)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.processEngagementResul ts(FleetEncounterContext.java:247)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.backFromEng agement(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:594)
   at exerelin.campaign.battle.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.backFromEngagement(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:87)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.prepare(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Edit 1: After deactivating realistic combat mod, I reloaded the save, and re-did the same battle that would normally end with a crash. The game worked as expected. So maybe something in that mod was causing the issue.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 04:25:38 PM by aaron »

ChibiWolf999

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: May 22, 2023, 10:26:12 AM »

Hello,

Bit of a problem with crashing, suddenly started today:

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.campaign.ai.action.BaseStrategicAction.postGenerate(BaseStrategicAction.java:115)
   at exerelin.campaign.ai.action.DiplomacyAction.postGenerate(DiplomacyAction.java:105)
   at exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.BaseStrategicConcern.initAction(BaseStrategicConcern.java:265)
   at exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.BaseStrategicConcern.fireBestAction(BaseStrategicConcern.java:196)
   at exerelin.campaign.ai.ExecutiveAIModule.actOnConcerns(ExecutiveAIModule.java:100)
   at exerelin.campaign.ai.StrategicAI.update(StrategicAI.java:151)
   at exerelin.campaign.ai.StrategicAI.advanceImpl(StrategicAI.java:133)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseIntelPlugin.advance(BaseIntelPlugin.java:78)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 399