Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014298 times)

MedievalMind

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.6d "Lords of War" (fixes 2023-02-12)
« Reply #5190 on: March 29, 2023, 09:01:40 AM »

Quick question please, Hi, I am a newish player for both the base game and Nexerelin, but am having a little trouble in Nexerelin. My Nexerelin supply use after a battle feels like it must be 2x,3x or ever more over base game and I was wondering if anyone knew the real numbers on this. Either way though is there anything I can do about that heavy after action supply cost? For example I just now won a battle where I used 1 cruiser carrier and 1 light carrier, it was a super easy win and my ships took no damage... BUT my supply use went up so high after the fight that I used 500 supplies in 3 in game days!!! Any advice on how I can lower this cost please. Thanks! : )

basileus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: March 29, 2023, 10:48:11 AM »

Quick question please, Hi, I am a newish player for both the base game and Nexerelin, but am having a little trouble in Nexerelin. My Nexerelin supply use after a battle feels like it must be 2x,3x or ever more over base game and I was wondering if anyone knew the real numbers on this. Either way though is there anything I can do about that heavy after action supply cost? For example I just now won a battle where I used 1 cruiser carrier and 1 light carrier, it was a super easy win and my ships took no damage... BUT my supply use went up so high after the fight that I used 500 supplies in 3 in game days!!! Any advice on how I can lower this cost please. Thanks! : )

You can see the amount that your fleet will need to repair on the top-left of the fleet screen after combat is over.  The consumption per day rate shown on the main HUD can be misleading.  If you used something like an emergency burn, which slightly reduced the CR of your entire fleet, to catch the enemy, then it might show a large number for the consumption rate far and above the amount that will actually be consumed because the R&R will be finished in less than a day.

Environmental effects, like solar flares, can impose a significant CR malus on your fleet.  Going over your cargo or fuel soft caps will greatly increase your supply consumption.  Going under your minimum required skeleton crew threshold, either via combat loses or by taking a new ship, will also cause your fleet to bleed CR and hemorrhage supplies.  (You can mothball a ship if your crew pool is too small, though its combat readiness will rapidly fall to zero.)

Without one of those factors or combat damage, the supply recovery cost should be the predictable sum of the deployment cost of every ship used.

Skills that restore a portion of combat readiness and/or armor and hull damage after fights will directly mitigate recovery costs.

PS: One final note, refitting ships in the field rather than at a market will also lower CR and cost supplies.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 10:52:17 AM by basileus »

MedievalMind

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: March 30, 2023, 12:59:21 PM »

Thank you for your reply and help, I took your advice and with some trial and error I have reduced my fleet's operational cost substantially and am now turning glorious profit. : )

Snake

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: March 31, 2023, 11:41:52 AM »

Hi got Prism mission bug "Fragments". Finished the mission but dialog to end it will not appear.

Playing with a huge list of mods
You already defeated the attacking fleet and salvaged the mothership, then returned to Midnight but didn't get any special convo?
Can you post a screenshot of the mission in intel screen?

Unfortunately I can't debug a save with a huge list of mods, but if you poke me on Discord it might be possible for me to send some testing material your way if the issue persists.
Went and found a fix for anyone else stuck on this. Go to data/campaign/rules.csv and ctrl-f search nex_remFragments_return_start. On the first line, change PickGreeting to PopulateOptions and delete $nex_remFragments_return score:1000. Save the file and restart the game. Go to midnight and you should be able to finish the quest. Remember to undo the rules.csv changes after.
eat the doritos

Zordiark Darkeater

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: April 01, 2023, 10:09:48 PM »

Is there a way to ADD Ships to the Solo Start selection from mods ?
is there a file that can be edited for this ?
just want to add 2-3 ships to the selection list of solo start.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: April 02, 2023, 01:45:37 AM »

Dunno but you could console command them in with the console command mod. Commands should be something like: list ships [name] and addship [name], replace name with medusa if you want that one and so on, use "list ships"  first because names of (mod) ships can be quite complicated like "skfp_deathbringer_p_base_section" or "edshipyard_bernese".
The mod: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4106.0
Also: help [command] and list commands or something like that, enjoy. :D

E: There is also the ship browser mod: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=26261.0
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 01:52:24 AM by Dadada »

Zordiark Darkeater

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: April 02, 2023, 04:34:23 PM »

Dunno but you could console command them in with the console command mod. Commands should be something like: list ships [name] and addship [name], replace name with medusa if you want that one and so on, use "list ships"  first because names of (mod) ships can be quite complicated like "skfp_deathbringer_p_base_section" or "edshipyard_bernese".
The mod: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4106.0
Also: help [command] and list commands or something like that, enjoy. :D

E: There is also the ship browser mod: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=26261.0

I know the console command but adding stuff that way feels sooo out of place/extra work in the game.
Thats why im trying to find a way to edit something somewhere that lets me add ships on the list to be allways there.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5197 on: April 02, 2023, 06:21:18 PM »

Open the desired faction config files in data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/ * and add the ship(s) to the relevant startShipsX tables. Ask on Discord if you need help doing this; I ought to document the tables at some point.

*Look in the Nex folder for vanilla factions (including player faction), for mod factions go to the mod's folder.

The alternative is just using the custom start fleet option.

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: April 03, 2023, 11:29:22 AM »

Is there any way to get main factions ally with minor factions? Like say the Luddic Church and Path? Or even the Path and Pirates. I ask because I am currently doing a run with the path and have them set to be able to invade and be invaded like normal factions, and have a 100 score with the church but they don't seem to care about making a federation with the Path.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: April 06, 2023, 08:22:45 PM »

Is there a way to disable empires from colonization just until the player completes the Galatia quest line?

TheProtagonists

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: April 06, 2023, 10:15:29 PM »

Is there any known mod incompatibility or other problem that can cause Nex to seemingly ignore the "diplomacyEventFilterLevel" and "agentEventFilterLevel" settings? I keep getting all diplomacy notifications no matter what number I set for these two.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 10:23:10 PM by TheProtagonists »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5201 on: April 07, 2023, 03:40:15 AM »

Is there any way to get main factions ally with minor factions? Like say the Luddic Church and Path? Or even the Path and Pirates. I ask because I am currently doing a run with the path and have them set to be able to invade and be invaded like normal factions, and have a 100 score with the church but they don't seem to care about making a federation with the Path.
Pirate-type factions won't form alliances on their own, but if you're not commissioned you e.g. can invite both the Church and Path to the same alliance (then leave it and take a commission again?)

Is there a way to disable empires from colonization just until the player completes the Galatia quest line?
Not currently, I might or might not add it at some point.

Is there any known mod incompatibility or other problem that can cause Nex to seemingly ignore the "diplomacyEventFilterLevel" and "agentEventFilterLevel" settings? I keep getting all diplomacy notifications no matter what number I set for these two.
Are you using the nexIntelQueued setting as well? Eyeballing the code, queued intel may not obey the filter settings.
If not, I could try testing the filters I guess.

TheProtagonists

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: April 07, 2023, 11:59:58 PM »

Are you using the nexIntelQueued setting as well? Eyeballing the code, queued intel may not obey the filter settings.
If not, I could try testing the filters I guess.

That seems to be what's happening, after I changed nexIntelQueued back to 0 from 1 it's working as expected. Thank you for the pointer!

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: April 08, 2023, 12:19:58 AM »

Not currently, I might or might not add it at some point.

Ok, thanks for the info!

scorpico69

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: April 08, 2023, 10:48:46 AM »

@Histidine hi, could you please add the option to permanently destroy a faction? so when all planets are destroyed/conquered, the faction, including pather and pirates, is gone?
it is the only reason i use Vayra's Sector.
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 396