Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014789 times)

Kagenou

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.6d "Lords of War" (fixes 2023-02-12)
« Reply #5175 on: March 17, 2023, 04:42:29 PM »

Hi got Prism mission bug "Fragments". Finished the mission but dialog to end it will not appear.

Playing with a huge list of mods

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: March 18, 2023, 01:17:10 PM »

@Histidine:
Hey, there isn't a toggle to enable legacy behaviour for core bloat in random sector, right? I really liked my occasionally huge, thicc core sectors instead of the shitton of factions spreading. Could you make it an option in one of the config files? Pretty please "puppy eyes"? :D

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5177 on: March 20, 2023, 12:43:01 AM »

Hi got Prism mission bug "Fragments". Finished the mission but dialog to end it will not appear.

Playing with a huge list of mods
You already defeated the attacking fleet and salvaged the mothership, then returned to Midnight but didn't get any special convo?
Can you post a screenshot of the mission in intel screen?

Unfortunately I can't debug a save with a huge list of mods, but if you poke me on Discord it might be possible for me to send some testing material your way if the issue persists.

@Histidine:
Hey, there isn't a toggle to enable legacy behaviour for core bloat in random sector, right? I really liked my occasionally huge, thicc core sectors instead of the shitton of factions spreading. Could you make it an option in one of the config files? Pretty please "puppy eyes"? :D
As in, you want each system to have more inhabited planets/stations? I could see if the max planets/stations can be made configurable (and the sector generation made to obey increases in these values), I suppose.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: March 20, 2023, 02:12:46 AM »

@Histidine: In the core region that is, does not matter if it yields 12 inhabited stations/planets per system in the core or just more settled core systems. Well, more markets cause more lag I guess and more markets per system causes more lag if you visit such a crowded system I guess, all the fleets need to be calc'd... Well, anyway, I think you recently changed it so that the core, I mean the central constellation has somewhat of an upper limit of inhabited systems and size?

>v0.10.5b (2022-09-17)
>Random sector: Constrain min/max stars in central constellation
https://github.com/Histidine91/Nexerelin/wiki/Changelog#v0105b-2022-09-17
There it is I guess. I'd like a toggle for legacy behaviour if it is not too much of a pain.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 02:14:31 AM by Dadada »

Brashin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: March 20, 2023, 10:29:45 AM »

Thanks everyone for the answers has been real helpful.  Keep up the great work on the mod it takes a real good game and makes it even better.

Kanjejou

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: March 22, 2023, 04:50:38 PM »

is it possible to control a bit how a faction diplomatie advance over time?

is it possible for exemple to make pirate join an alliance with somebody?

HopeFall

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: March 22, 2023, 05:13:11 PM »

I feel like something needs to be done about Destabilization. Granted, the biggest problem is Ludd damned Kaldur's Revenant Gestalt. But I shouldn't be seeing 19+ unrest on any market. I feel there needs to be a cap on civil unrest, or the ability to remove significantly more the higher it is. So 6 civil unrest, 2 points per relief. 19 civil unrest? How bout 9, but with comparatively much higher cost/relief supplies. Perhaps even the ability to completely remove all remaining unrest by, I dunno. Some massively huge cost if the player is downright determined to not have something destabalize.

Also would be very nice if there was a greater warning for soon to decivilize planets. I've gotten the warning intel maybe two weeks before decivilization - it wasn't enough to actually travel there in time.

Bearface

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: March 25, 2023, 02:27:05 PM »

Hello, not sure if anyone has run into this before but I'm getting a crash that goes away when I disable Nexerelin with the following mods:

A New Level of Confidence - 30 - Rapid
A_S-F
CMUtils
Console Commands
HexShields
LazyLib
MagicLib
Nexerelin]

This occurs literally any time I press "M" in the campaign screen. It took me a while to figure out what the hell was doing it, but I can load up a new game and hit "M" and it's an instant CTD.

Here's the error from the log:

1791907 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5183 on: March 25, 2023, 08:59:35 PM »

is it possible to control a bit how a faction diplomatie advance over time?

is it possible for exemple to make pirate join an alliance with somebody?
If you're not in the faction yourself, only thing you can do is use an operative to raise (or lower) relations between two factions.
Pirates won't naturally ally with anyone, although IIRC player can create an alliance and invite them to it.

I feel like something needs to be done about Destabilization. Granted, the biggest problem is Ludd damned Kaldur's Revenant Gestalt. But I shouldn't be seeing 19+ unrest on any market. I feel there needs to be a cap on civil unrest, or the ability to remove significantly more the higher it is. So 6 civil unrest, 2 points per relief. 19 civil unrest? How bout 9, but with comparatively much higher cost/relief supplies. Perhaps even the ability to completely remove all remaining unrest by, I dunno. Some massively huge cost if the player is downright determined to not have something destabalize.

Also would be very nice if there was a greater warning for soon to decivilize planets. I've gotten the warning intel maybe two weeks before decivilization - it wasn't enough to actually travel there in time.
Well, my general position is that if a market is taking that level of unrest in the first place, something has gone wrong. That said, scaling effects of stabilization packages sounds worthwhile. I may also add diminishing returns to the unrest caused by ground battles.
(Next version also changes how factions decide to invade or raid in the first place, so I'll see if the problem gets better from that)

The deciv warning (as is most of the rest of the system) is vanilla and I don't (yet) plan to override it.
Although it might be good for someone to poke Alex about the lack of warning (again). It seems that currently the warning only appears if the conditions for actual collapse are already met, although the said collapse isn't guaranteed to happen right away; there's a chance's that's rolled every 5-15 days and grows with each 20-40 day 'sampling' period.

Hello, not sure if anyone has run into this before but I'm getting a crash that goes away when I disable Nexerelin with the following mods:

A New Level of Confidence - 30 - Rapid
A_S-F
CMUtils
Console Commands
HexShields
LazyLib
MagicLib
Nexerelin]

This occurs literally any time I press "M" in the campaign screen. It took me a while to figure out what the hell was doing it, but I can load up a new game and hit "M" and it's an instant CTD.
Pressing M in devmode spawns a derelict ship with various goodies. I don't know why it crashes with Nex, but Alex has specifically said that dev mode isn't supported for normal play so it's unlikely you're going to get help for that (nor do I plan to spend any time attempting a fix unless someone knows exactly what causes it). So, I guess the only solution is don't play in devmode or don't press M if you do.

(If you're not in devmode, well that's strange; the error log isn't informative but maybe it's worth reporting to Alex after all)

Junker99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: March 25, 2023, 11:29:39 PM »

So been loving this mod but I noticed something strange, I have had alliance mate with good reps engage in sabotaging each other with rebellions. Is this intentional or a bug?

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: March 27, 2023, 05:48:05 AM »

Is it possible to make NPC factions destroying a planet via saturation bombardment cause the same pan-Sector reaction as the player doing it? Legio Infernalis keeps satbombing the Luddic Church planets into oblivion only to then peace out with them and make it impossible to do retaliatory satbombing without everyone, INCLUDING the Luddic Church, getting upset about my "atrocity". At the very least a faction destroying another faction's planet via satbombing shouldn't be forgiven and forgotten the moment the two factions make a peace deal.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5186 on: March 28, 2023, 03:22:45 AM »

So been loving this mod but I noticed something strange, I have had alliance mate with good reps engage in sabotaging each other with rebellions. Is this intentional or a bug?
Looks like a bug caused by Nex not checking for relations when picking a sponsor for a 'spontaneous' rebellion (caused by low stability). If that is indeed the cause of this event, should be pretty easy to fix, thanks for report!

EDIT: ...wait, checked again and the spontaneous rebellions do have a check (require inhospitable or lower rep), same as agent-instigated rebellions. So I'm not sure what happened there.

Is it possible to make NPC factions destroying a planet via saturation bombardment cause the same pan-Sector reaction as the player doing it? Legio Infernalis keeps satbombing the Luddic Church planets into oblivion only to then peace out with them and make it impossible to do retaliatory satbombing without everyone, INCLUDING the Luddic Church, getting upset about my "atrocity". At the very least a faction destroying another faction's planet via satbombing shouldn't be forgiven and forgotten the moment the two factions make a peace deal.
Well if I implemented reputation penalties for NPC factions' sat bombing, the faction would need to be able to decide whether it's actually worth doing so. The faction strategic AI I'm currently working on can do exactly this (perhaps not well, but it can try at least) so I may indeed introduce rep penalties in a later version.

For the specific case here, I might also add a mechanic so (some?) factions, having been sat bombed by an NPC faction (or even just having seen such a thing happen?), don't have a negative reaction to player sat bombing the perpetrator in turn.

In the meantime, the easiest way to deal with the double standard is to turn off allowNPCSatBomb in exerelin_config.json (I added that setting for this very reason)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 06:28:42 AM by Histidine »

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: March 28, 2023, 05:14:24 AM »

If you are going that far... Maybe a mechanic to remove the penality at substantial cost, like pay millions (billions o.O) in reparations, execute scapegoat officers and, commanders, administrators and agree to have no holdings in system x? Wait, its not needed since we can just tac bomb and destabilize... But maybe the mechanic could normalize relationships after sat bombing between AI factions if you implement penalties across all factions for AI on AI sat bombing...

Would also be nice if certain factions based on certain conditions decided to go full scale war against the player, Hiver, Adversary and Legio tickle the player a bit while the Vayra ones mostly expand I guess, I think I never managed to trigger
Spoiler
Vayras
Spoiler
Aleph Ascendancy
[close]
[close]

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: March 28, 2023, 06:35:58 AM »

In the meantime, the easiest way to deal with the double standard is to turn off allowNPCSatBomb in exerelin_config.json (I added that setting for this very reason)

I wasn't aware that this was a thing, but I'll be using it immediately from now on. Many thanks!

organicmeme

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: March 28, 2023, 05:06:53 PM »

You could maybe make it so that only factions tagged as "monstrous" could satbomb! Just an idea.
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 396