Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014043 times)

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.6c "Lords of War" (fixes 2023-01-27)
« Reply #5100 on: February 01, 2023, 09:55:55 AM »

Short answer: try invasionFleetSizeMult in exerelin_config.json, although that will have knock-on effects. In the short term, console command kill also works.

Long answer: the invasions scale partly to the target planet/system's defenses, so for any given invasion event the defenders should be an even match for it. However, if your problem is that multiple factions are invading you and they all arrive at about the same time, 1) well that's some pretty bad luck, and 2) consider having fewer enemies.
(It also scales partly to the target market's size, so if you have a high-value target upgrade its orbital station if you haven't already)

Well, what's your target planet look like, and which faction(s) are invading? Screenshots might be helpful.
Thanks for the answer.

Game year 210

System: (All have free market)
Planet under attack Size 6 with Defenses Battlestation, Military HQ on World
Further Planets in System:
Size 5 with Patrol HQ and Chrimetric Engine +100%
Size 5 Patrol HQ
Size 5 Patrol HQ
Then another 4 Size 3 that just got colonized.
Addionally the system contains a sympathic faction that came to my help with their size 7 (military) and size 4 colonies.

We all got deleted.

Attacking Faction was Legion Infernalis. (Hostile -50, due to start condition? I never interacted with them.)
This was also their first attack at all.

I was mostly just doing exploration and hence did only have a moderate fleet stored, so this was all I could have fielded.

[attachment deleted by admin]
to be done some day... XD

Nesano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: February 01, 2023, 05:38:56 PM »

Is there yet a way to hard cap AI fleet generation at 30 ships? One of the big problems with this mod is that the fleets spawned by the mod sometimes have upwards of 48 ships in them and it's totally unfair to have AI fleets that high over the soft cap.

inanimate

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: February 02, 2023, 03:26:43 AM »

Hi, Is there a way to make some notifications easier to notice?

For example -  Most often I miss the 'colony expedition' notification, because it is showing as a short popup among other less important notifications. I wish i could add sound to it. Is it possible?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5103 on: February 02, 2023, 08:47:07 PM »

Short answer: try invasionFleetSizeMult in exerelin_config.json, although that will have knock-on effects. In the short term, console command kill also works.

Long answer: the invasions scale partly to the target planet/system's defenses, so for any given invasion event the defenders should be an even match for it. However, if your problem is that multiple factions are invading you and they all arrive at about the same time, 1) well that's some pretty bad luck, and 2) consider having fewer enemies.
(It also scales partly to the target market's size, so if you have a high-value target upgrade its orbital station if you haven't already)

Well, what's your target planet look like, and which faction(s) are invading? Screenshots might be helpful.
Thanks for the answer.

Game year 210

System: (All have free market)
Planet under attack Size 6 with Defenses Battlestation, Military HQ on World
Further Planets in System:
Size 5 with Patrol HQ and Chrimetric Engine +100%
Size 5 Patrol HQ
Size 5 Patrol HQ
Then another 4 Size 3 that just got colonized.
Addionally the system contains a sympathic faction that came to my help with their size 7 (military) and size 4 colonies.

We all got deleted.

Attacking Faction was Legion Infernalis. (Hostile -50, due to start condition? I never interacted with them.)
This was also their first attack at all.

I was mostly just doing exploration and hence did only have a moderate fleet stored, so this was all I could have fielded.
Thanks for the details! A few thoughts:

- For future reference, it seems like a star fortress (preferably with alpha core) would have helped given that it was a size 6, as would having an actual military base to go with the Cyroarithmetic Engine. How high was your ship quality?
- The fleets themselves (I think you duplicated one of the images by mistake?) don't seem overly large for the target, although qualitatively they're greatly improved by having daemons. On that latter point, I'll just say that this is 'working as designed' for Nia's Legio Infernalis. The Tahlan Shipworks mod does have config settings to disable daemons, or Legio entirely.
- More concretely useful advice: If you can't stop them in space, it's still possible to win the invasion's ground battle. Even if you don't have many marines or heavy arms handy, the Inspire ability can be very helpful.

Is there yet a way to hard cap AI fleet generation at 30 ships? One of the big problems with this mod is that the fleets spawned by the mod sometimes have upwards of 48 ships in them and it's totally unfair to have AI fleets that high over the soft cap.
There isn't currently a 'general' method for this, unless I implement a new fleet generation plugin (which would be useful for a few things, but none I consider particularly pressing). Nor do I have any intention of optionally or completely disabling the one major place (invasion fleets) in Nex itself where I deliberately allow generated fleets to exceed the normal ship limit.

Hi, Is there a way to make some notifications easier to notice?

For example -  Most often I miss the 'colony expedition' notification, because it is showing as a short popup among other less important notifications. I wish i could add sound to it. Is it possible?
Not really, sorry! Most of the intel events share sounds, so an outside mod (or Nex without code changes) can't change the sound for just one specific intel type.

Though if you have a list of events that need to be more noticeable, I can try to get new sounds for them.

Also it'd help to have fewer unwanted notifications in general; I hope to have less frequent diplomacy events in particular. User-side, the diplomacyEventFilterLevel and agentEventFilterLevel fields in exerelin_config.json can be used to make less relevant events not pop up.

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: February 03, 2023, 10:19:26 AM »

Ok so after a few more tries at colonies, the attacking powers that arent Legion arent as big of a problem., especially after I also got informed that if you are sponsered by a faction, that you can request fleets.

The colony start with an exploration fleet to finance it early on also seems to be really not the intended way to play, since I cant defend the colony manually early on when Im always on the other side of the sector.

I also just did run today into another feature of your mod when I was wondering why I couldnt conquer a specific pirate station and then got informed that it was needed for some story mission. Really have to do those some time.

Oh and I also second inanimate's request for easier to see important notifications like invasions/raids against you/your commisioneurs.

to be done some day... XD

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: February 05, 2023, 01:08:25 AM »

Can I suggest some optional options?

First one is about player relationship when he commissioned by faction, I always found silly how player relationship affect all the faction, maybe it is better to have option to keep them independent of each other? Player for example can just eradicate piracy in sector, if player have pirate commission, and player do some probe scan missions for early money, and some factions got inhospitable because they increase relation too, whole pirate faction got inhospitable too to these factions, and they start to send trade convoys there and stop doing piracy. With this option it will be less silly, since even if player got inhospitable, the rest of pirates will still being pirates. And same with other factions, its kinda strange what a single mercenary basically can affect whole faction, which have own leader and player not in charge of it, it just most silly looking with pirates )

Also speaking of pirates, how about making Corsairs and distress call ambushes non hostile to player if he actually have a commission? In the rest causes, if player even friendly but non commissioned is okay to have some hostile pirates even then, but I think it is good to give them same thing as vulture scavengers have, so even player have transponder on, it wont cause immediate hostilities since they attacked first.

Another optional option for player relationship, make locked it to faction, so like player always be hostile to faction enemies, until they got diplomatic event which causes them to be neutral, and only possible to improve relationship with factions via agents, or just leave a faction and make own one.

XallienX

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: February 06, 2023, 01:39:13 AM »

It's mod amazing, BUT, my english not great for understand all what happened in my game^^ Maybe someone can translate this mod for other languages? :o

calantlar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.5b "Sierra Nevada" (update 2022-09-17)
« Reply #5107 on: February 06, 2023, 06:29:58 AM »

So I recently got my own colony back after it being invaded.
However instead of being returned to my faction it was given to the Roider Union (Roider comission).
I can now buy the governship but its still roider union and not my own faction, do I need to ensign with my own faction for it to return to me or something?
You can get the colony back by choosing the 'take' option in the ground battle's intel screen (this should have no rep penalty if it was originally your own colony, but I haven't verified if this still works).
If you already missed the decision window, enter setmarketowner <planet name> player in the Console Commands console.

I keep getting an error when i try to launch with nexerelin. Due to the fact my pc is not able to be hooked up to the internet rn can i get a discord tag or something so i can shsre my starsector lol with you? I keep getting an obj json error
Are you the one who pinged me on Discord the other day?
If not, at a guess you need to navigate to the Starsector website and download the newest installer (I'd recommend tethering your phone to PC rather than downloading it direct to phone).

So I've been trying to get a specific behaviour set up.

I want to run non-random core worlds, with invasions on BUT with one caveat, I don't want them to invade any of the core worlds, I want to have the AI factions fight only for colonies established after the game starts.

Now I saw that some planets are blocked from invasion if you have the story planets invasion protection on, is there a way I can extend this protection to the rest of the inhabited core worlds so I get the above behaviour and if so how do I go about doing so?
Copy and paste the following into console:
Code: java
runcode for (MarketAPI market : Global.getSector().getEconomy().getMarketsCopy()) {
if (market.getMemoryWithoutUpdate().getBoolean("$nex_npcColony")) {
continue;
}
if ("player".equals(market.getMemoryWithoutUpdate().getString("$startingFactionId"))) {
continue; /* don't protect player-founded colonies */
}
Misc.makeStoryCritical(market, "$i_dont_want_invasions");
}
(note that colonies created by Vayra's Sector factions will also be protected)

Would it be possible to filter or disable blueprints in the faction starting bonus? Having enough mods makes it extremely slow in the window.
Sorry, can't be disabled currently! Maybe a setting in the future.
(Also I'll try to find out what's causing this slowdown and report to Alex if relevant)

i know that this kinda defats the purpose of this mod but is there any way to make it vanilla as possible as i only use it cause the uaf mod requires it and not for any of the 4x aspects as i pefrer how vanilla starsector handles factions
The big thing you probably want to disable is invasions (and sat bombs), with the enableInvasions and allowNPCSatBomb settings
You could also disable diplomacy by editing its file in the config folder (make the event interval super long), and re-enable the vanilla hostility system with console (copy and paste the following):
Code: java
runcode import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.FactionHostilityManager;
FactionHostilityManager fhm = new FactionHostilityManager();
Global.getSector().addScript(fhm);

If you look around, there may also be other stuff you might choose to mess with (just try not to blow up your game in the process).

Much appreciated, will try this next run for sure.

Have tried it quite a bit now, works perfectly, much appreciated.

Nick9

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: February 06, 2023, 11:47:44 PM »

Interesting abuse I have found... I doubt it's useful, but maybe funny.

So, I heard the screamer (by that I mean an extremely loud sound effect of something affecting my colonies), and I rushed to the Intel screen to see... that the Hegemony is offering me a peace treaty?! Wow, I'm taking that. So I've accepted it and left the intel screen only to... see exactly this peace offering again. Now in its own dialogue. So I have accepted it again... and I've got two relationship bonuses!

Dracodude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: February 07, 2023, 02:28:53 AM »

Will there ever be an option to allow player invasions but prevent npc invasions? I would alter the time of the invasion grace period but I actually like the amount of raids that happen with invasions disabled (it makes the sector feel a bit more active) but I would like to retain the ability to invade myself.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5110 on: February 07, 2023, 04:07:35 PM »

First one is about player relationship when he commissioned by faction, I always found silly how player relationship affect all the faction, maybe it is better to have option to keep them independent of each other? Player for example can just eradicate piracy in sector, if player have pirate commission, and player do some probe scan missions for early money, and some factions got inhospitable because they increase relation too, whole pirate faction got inhospitable too to these factions, and they start to send trade convoys there and stop doing piracy. With this option it will be less silly, since even if player got inhospitable, the rest of pirates will still being pirates. And same with other factions, its kinda strange what a single mercenary basically can affect whole faction, which have own leader and player not in charge of it, it just most silly looking with pirates )

Also speaking of pirates, how about making Corsairs and distress call ambushes non hostile to player if he actually have a commission? In the rest causes, if player even friendly but non commissioned is okay to have some hostile pirates even then, but I think it is good to give them same thing as vulture scavengers have, so even player have transponder on, it wont cause immediate hostilities since they attacked first.

Another optional option for player relationship, make locked it to faction, so like player always be hostile to faction enemies, until they got diplomatic event which causes them to be neutral, and only possible to improve relationship with factions via agents, or just leave a faction and make own one.
The relationship syncing has screwy effects, yeah. I'll think of a proper replacement sometime, although if I remove syncing I'll need a clear way to distinguish actions that raise rep with the faction from those that raise rep with the player specifically.

As for the transmitter trap events and such, they're vanilla and I can't readily change how they work IIRC. Well, I could try adding a dialog option to make them go away if player has a commission, might look into that.

Will there ever be an option to allow player invasions but prevent npc invasions? I would alter the time of the invasion grace period but I actually like the amount of raids that happen with invasions disabled (it makes the sector feel a bit more active) but I would like to retain the ability to invade myself.
enableInvasions setting in Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json will do exactly this! (It prevents NPC invasions but doesn't affect the player)

(Someone had a bug recently where the invade option was removed, it turned out to be a mod conflict but I don't know if they tracked down which one)

Dracodude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: February 07, 2023, 05:15:11 PM »

The relationship syncing has screwy effects, yeah. I'll think of a proper replacement sometime, although if I remove syncing I'll need a clear way to distinguish actions that raise rep with the faction from those that raise rep with the player specifically.

As for the transmitter trap events and such, they're vanilla and I can't readily change how they work IIRC. Well, I could try adding a dialog option to make them go away if player has a commission, might look into that.

enableInvasions setting in Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json will do exactly this! (It prevents NPC invasions but doesn't affect the player)

(Someone had a bug recently where the invade option was removed, it turned out to be a mod conflict but I don't know if they tracked down which one)

Guess I was dealing with the incompatibility thing huh. (I am really not looking forward towards digging through my modlist to figure it out)

Geekin88

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: February 08, 2023, 09:12:44 PM »

getting this error. soon as i start a new campaign ( i dont have any older saves).

222170 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: lunalib.lunaExtensions.SystemExtensionsKt.getMarkets(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/LocationAPI;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/util/List;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: lunalib.lunaExtensions.SystemExtensionsKt.getMarkets(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/LocationAPI;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/util/List;
   at PCScript.advance(PCScript.kt:39)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

mod list is extensive but it was working before i just did a bunch of updates for mods that were already on the list. now im stuck. out side off trying to boot with each mod and add them and launch as i go.

update: nevermind i fixed it. lunarlib broke it. had to roll it back 2 updates
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 08:23:28 AM by Geekin88 »

FoolishBosch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: February 09, 2023, 01:38:16 AM »

Is there a way to make a faction to quickly recolonize a decivilized planet? I have a number of decivilized planets in the core worlds and the faction's that originally own them haven't made any sort of move to retake them.

Additionally, I can't tell if its from the Nex or something, but one of the decivilized planet is Ancrya but there were no message or warnings that popped up and there was a Anarakis Reparations Society invasion fleet just hovering around the planet. So far the Hegemony have not made any moves but the weird part is that there is no log about the planet being decivilized and I have disable sat bombing by factions.

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: February 09, 2023, 12:38:52 PM »

Is it possible to capture planets and release them back to their original owners for a faction boost? For example a planet gets taken by another faction but it was originally owned by the Hegemony, go in and recapture the planet and give it back to the Hegemony.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 396