Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 398

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3043037 times)

lordnardquad

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.6b "Lords of War" (fixes 2022-12-24)
« Reply #5055 on: January 05, 2023, 10:22:56 PM »

Hey I love playing this mod but I have a question about the ai colonizing. I want to increase the rate since I have more worlds than all of the other factions. I thought I changed the right numbers but I've still noticed no change. Could anyone show me how to increases the rate.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5056 on: January 07, 2023, 04:32:27 PM »

You reduced colonyExpeditionInterval in exerelin_config.json (and perhaps nex_expeditionDelayPerExistingColony in settings.json), correct?

(Although there's some randomness in whether any given colony 'check' at the specified interval is successful, and some factions just can't colonize so if you wipe out all the ones that can...)

Free Flyin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: January 08, 2023, 12:52:54 AM »

Whatever happened to agents? I haven't played this mod in a while, and now that I'm back I can't seem to find any. It would be great to deal in some shady political practices or steal a couple Tri-Tachyon ships, but I don't know how to get them anymore. I vaguely remember previously that it involved visiting bars before, but I can barely even seem to find the terraforming rig interactions now!

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: January 08, 2023, 02:35:01 AM »

Pure RNG, be it Nex agents or DiY "scar(r)ed spacers", although agents are somewhat rare, lvl3 agents can recruit more of whatever type you want, and scared or scarred spaces are common as &%$! :D

plumber_Man

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: January 08, 2023, 02:35:31 PM »

Hello, I have a question, can I set the distance from the core in own faction start, because even the non-core start places me next to the core

so there is a way to set a minimum light-year from core?

Wolfynator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: January 08, 2023, 11:52:18 PM »

I'm trying to figure how to add ships into the custom fleet menu and found json arrays such as "startShipsSolo" and "startShipsCombatSmall" in data/config/exerelinFactionConfig, but they don't appear to be including the ships into the menu. Is there another json file I have to edit?

plumber_Man

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: January 09, 2023, 07:22:44 AM »

I'm trying to figure how to add ships into the custom fleet menu and found json arrays such as "startShipsSolo" and "startShipsCombatSmall" in data/config/exerelinFactionConfig, but they don't appear to be including the ships into the menu. Is there another json file I have to edit?

Copy the json to any other folder and edit it there, then copy it back to the nex folder

Some mods for me have permanent copy/writing protection and dont alove modifications to the point where it reverses the changes, so just edit the files in a different directory

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5062 on: January 10, 2023, 04:42:54 PM »

Hello, I have a question, can I set the distance from the core in own faction start, because even the non-core start places me next to the core

so there is a way to set a minimum light-year from core?
Nein

The available ships for the custom starting fleet are automatically fetched from the ships the faction knows, excluding those with restricted tag in hulls/ship_data.csv, and those without a variant specified in data/world/factions/default_ship_roles.json.

Wolfynator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: January 12, 2023, 12:35:56 AM »

The available ships for the custom starting fleet are automatically fetched from the ships the faction knows, excluding those with restricted tag in hulls/ship_data.csv, and those without a variant specified in data/world/factions/default_ship_roles.json.
[/quote]

I see, I had a feeling that was the case. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

coleroni

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: January 12, 2023, 05:01:52 PM »

can we get dates on the changelogs  :-[

inanimate

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: January 13, 2023, 04:15:21 AM »

Hi,

Is there an option to make revenge conquests way more succesive? For example: Hegemony conquested Sindria. I wish, that Sindrian Diktat will now pursue very hard to take this market back.

Conquest Idea is fun for me ( I like big fleets brawling), but in longer period of time it creates imballance between factions and decreases diversity.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 06:06:44 AM by inanimate »

DraconianFleet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: January 13, 2023, 05:15:31 PM »

So, I know we can't keep some modded factions starting worlds, why is that? Whenever I do random sector 4 systems are always the same, Utic, Ivree, The Eyrie, and Styx. Is there some way to get that to apply for other mods, as I only want to have main factions randomized. this is because raiding Chicomoztoc n times, resupplying at Askonia constantly, and going to Port Se to get cabal stuff gets boring. I still want to still have outer terminus available for deep space scavenging, want to still have Spindle be far enough away I can keep them safe from the Hegemony, and most importantly have the campaign for UAF available so I can more easily get the super capitals. Is there a different mod which I can have alongside Nexerlin that does this, alternatively where is the random generation done so I can see if I can modify it to allow such.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 05:17:04 PM by DraconianFleet »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5067 on: January 13, 2023, 06:29:49 PM »

can we get dates on the changelogs  :-[
They all already have dates on the GitHub changelog, so you can look there. Maybe I'll make a habit of having them in the forum OP as well.

Hi,

Is there an option to make revenge conquests way more succesive? For example: Hegemony conquested Sindria. I wish, that Sindrian Diktat will now pursue very hard to take this market back.
There isn't an option for that currently. In a later version the upcoming strategy AI may prioritize reconquest, albeit depending on the faction's personality.
Although if Sindria with its orbital works and such is lost, the Diktat is going to have a real hard time taking it back without outside help.

So, I know we can't keep some modded factions starting worlds, why is that? Whenever I do random sector 4 systems are always the same, Utic, Ivree, The Eyrie, and Styx. Is there some way to get that to apply for other mods, as I only want to have main factions randomized. this is because raiding Chicomoztoc n times, resupplying at Askonia constantly, and going to Port Se to get cabal stuff gets boring. I still want to still have outer terminus available for deep space scavenging, want to still have Spindle be far enough away I can keep them safe from the Hegemony, and most importantly have the campaign for UAF available so I can more easily get the super capitals. Is there a different mod which I can have alongside Nexerlin that does this, alternatively where is the random generation done so I can see if I can modify it to allow such.
My design idea is that factions should not generate their designed systems/planets/stations in random sector (I don't draw a distinction between vanilla and modded planets here), unless there's some specific functionality tied to that location like with Styx.

To make them appear anyway, you'll have to ask the faction modder to make them do so (since it's handled in the faction mod's code), either always (I think you could make a good case for UAF, for instance) or with an optional setting. Or, write your own mod with code that calls each mod's system generation code; this is easy enough to do for any one mod, although doing it for every mod you're using might be a bit troublesome.

Well actually, you could also modify ExerelinModPlugin and ExerelinNewGameSetup in the Nex source to make it so the mod generates the random core worlds and not the vanilla ones, while still telling the mods it's in non-random sector. If something burns down in the process, well

DenTommes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: January 17, 2023, 10:56:18 PM »

I have an issue with rebellions in my current save, I captured a random planet, used tons of resources to conquer it, spend half a million to stabilize the colony, donated about 1k marines, heavy weapons and supplies each to help out the government. the unrest from rebellion actually dropped down.

I then went on a expedition on the outer rim of the sector and the planet flipped.

How can I prevent that from happening in the future?

My biggest issue is that the mechanics seem to be quite opaque, can't see the progress of the rebellion. I assumed the unrest from the rebellion to be a safe indicator on how well it is going, and that I would get a notification if the situation on the planet becomes worse, but that was not the case.

Also: is there a way to turn off rebellions?

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: January 18, 2023, 01:25:16 PM »

I have an issue with rebellions in my current save, I captured a random planet, used tons of resources to conquer it, spend half a million to stabilize the colony, donated about 1k marines, heavy weapons and supplies each to help out the government. the unrest from rebellion actually dropped down.

I then went on a expedition on the outer rim of the sector and the planet flipped.

How can I prevent that from happening in the future?

My biggest issue is that the mechanics seem to be quite opaque, can't see the progress of the rebellion. I assumed the unrest from the rebellion to be a safe indicator on how well it is going, and that I would get a notification if the situation on the planet becomes worse, but that was not the case.

Also: is there a way to turn off rebellions?

I've always used the stability penalty to indicate rebellion, sounds like a bug
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 398