Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 398

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3043188 times)

Hatter

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.6 "Lords of War" (update 2022-12-17)
« Reply #5010 on: December 18, 2022, 08:12:44 PM »

Hello,

Having problems with Nexerelin's update. When I load into my saved game, it goes about half a day before it crashes. The error message is "null", and the log looks like this:
https://pastebin.com/m4i8xnYn

Help would be appreciated, don't want to abandon my save just because of a bug that came from an update. Thanks!

Btw, reverting back to Nexerelin's old version causes the game to not load at all and gives me a huge error message, so I can't do that.
From Bug Reports & Support (Modded), dropping this here for more visibility.

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: December 19, 2022, 08:22:19 PM »

Hi! When I start a new game and choose Agent 1 level 20,000 credits. Then in the game I have not a level 1, but a level 3 as a special agent! Why is it so? I want to be a level 1!

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: December 19, 2022, 09:20:02 PM »

* Work around framerate drop when viewing many blueprints in new game bonus picker
I'm actually really curious what was up with this one - anything you can share about what was actually going wrong / what the fix was?
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5013 on: December 19, 2022, 10:09:47 PM »

Is there a possibility that Nexerelin could generate a video memory leak? I discovered this phenomenon in myself, the game suddenly began to take up 4 gigabytes of video memory and continuously devours more.
Or is it some kind of mod with ships, planets and animation?
Shouldn't have anything to do with Nex, unless there's a weird graphics bug somewhere.

VRAM usage is mostly from mods that add graphics (ship sprites mainly, but also things like system backgrounds). GraphicsLib also has a multiplier effect on VRAM usage due to use of normal, material and surface maps, although you can turn those features off. You could try using SMOL mod manager which has a VRAM usage estimator.

Another thing to note is that almost all graphics are loaded at startup, so VRAM usage shouldn't increase significantly over the course of an application run, barring mods that load images on demand like Illustrated.Entities.

Hi! When I start a new game and choose Agent 1 level 20,000 credits. Then in the game I have not a level 1, but a level 3 as a special agent! Why is it so? I want to be a level 1!
Hmm, works for me: pick Tri-Tachyon as starting faction -> super ship -> Agent start -> level 1 in pregame character screen -> start game -> still level 1 when actually ingame.
Are you on latest Nex? Are you running any other mods that modify Nex's new game setup? (though I can't think of any that would do this in particular) You didn't accidentally click the option to start with custom starting credits and level, did you?

* Work around framerate drop when viewing many blueprints in new game bonus picker
I'm actually really curious what was up with this one - anything you can share about what was actually going wrong / what the fix was?
Posted about it here!

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: December 19, 2022, 11:06:34 PM »

Thanks for the mod! It REALLY makes nexerelin! Like you said - it's all like that! But I start with: new game - Own faction - ship selection - 1: Agent (1 point, 20,000). The game still adds 2 points. In nexerelin 0.10.5b everything was fine, went to 0.10.6 and this happens.

pikmin969

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: December 21, 2022, 05:00:41 PM »

I'm having issues when I try to recruit another agent. As soon as I send them off with the mission they immediately cancel it. I only have 1 level 4 hybrid agent

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: December 22, 2022, 03:38:40 PM »

help!
i have an error upon loading my favorite save to date
Spoiler
61074 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.merc.MercDataManager  -   Loading merc company: rocketStars
61076 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error loading
61076 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Failed calling method
---- Debugging information ----
message             : Failed calling method
cause-exception     : java.lang.NullPointerException
cause-message       : null
method              : exerelin.campaign.intel.merc.MercContractIntel.readResolve()
class               : exerelin.campaign.intel.merc.MercContractIntel
required-type       : exerelin.campaign.intel.merc.MercContractIntel
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
line number         : 15831
class[1]            : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
class[2]            : java.util.LinkedHashMap
converter-type[2]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
class[3]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Memory
class[4]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market
class[5]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignPlanet
class[6]            : com.fs.util.container.repo.ObjectRepository
class[7]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem
class[8]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CircularOrbit
class[9]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CircularOrbitPointDown
class[10]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity
class[11]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.PirateActivityConcern$RageEntry
class[12]           : java.util.HashSet
class[13]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.PirateActivityConcern
class[14]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.MilitaryAIModule
class[15]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.StrategicAI
class[16]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Faction
class[17]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.HostileInSharedSystemConcern
class[18]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.DevelopRelationsConcern
class[19]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.DiplomaticAIModule
class[20]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Submarket
class[21]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomy
class[22]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper
class[23]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy
class[24]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem$UpdateFromHyperspaceLocation
class[25]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation$LocationToken
class[26]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace
class[27]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[3]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.oooO
version             : not available
-------------------------------
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: Failed calling method
---- Debugging information ----
message             : Failed calling method
cause-exception     : java.lang.NullPointerException
cause-message       : null
method              : exerelin.campaign.intel.merc.MercContractIntel.readResolve()
class               : exerelin.campaign.intel.merc.MercContractIntel
required-type       : exerelin.campaign.intel.merc.MercContractIntel
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
line number         : 15831
class[1]            : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
class[2]            : java.util.LinkedHashMap
converter-type[2]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
class[3]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Memory
class[4]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market
class[5]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignPlanet
class[6]            : com.fs.util.container.repo.ObjectRepository
class[7]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem
class[8]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CircularOrbit
class[9]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CircularOrbitPointDown
class[10]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity
class[11]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.PirateActivityConcern$RageEntry
class[12]           : java.util.HashSet
class[13]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.PirateActivityConcern
class[14]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.MilitaryAIModule
class[15]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.StrategicAI
class[16]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Faction
class[17]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.HostileInSharedSystemConcern
class[18]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.DevelopRelationsConcern
class[19]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.DiplomaticAIModule
class[20]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Submarket
class[21]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomy
class[22]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper
class[23]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy
class[24]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem$UpdateFromHyperspaceLocation
class[25]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation$LocationToken
class[26]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace
class[27]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[3]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.oooO
version             : not available
[close]
:-\

...i have the hotfix applied already and it IS a derelict empire save
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Algoul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: December 22, 2022, 11:58:24 PM »

Guys, thanx for your work and i dare to address you some needs, clearly can be resolve only by your mod. As i see, NPC markets refuse to build anything. Planets naked, defenseless and sometimes have absolutely absurd roster of industries. its possible to do something about? Like contracts to build for player in NPC markets or joint NPC-player industries?

GreyEisenwolf

• Ensign
  • I need help
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: December 23, 2022, 04:45:24 AM »

I would have wished to start and play as the [REDACTED] but the thought was kinda simply crushed after finding out their stations are technically classified as a "fleet" being unable to dock and do whatever typical things you do in a station.
Battle Carrier Enthusiast | Frigate spammer | Monitor, the immovable pebble | Ludd's 1# Drug Smuggler | Andrada's Worse Gas Station employee he's ever had | Doritos Cool Ranch flavor is better than Nacho cheese, you can't change my mind.

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: December 23, 2022, 12:21:30 PM »

I would have wished to start and play as the [REDACTED] but the thought was kinda simply crushed after finding out their stations are technically classified as a "fleet" being unable to dock and do whatever typical things you do in a station.

Hello! There is a mod The Galaxy Tigers, You can play as a race REDACTED. (Galaxy Tigers faction)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 12:23:03 PM by sanya02 »

Pokpaul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: December 23, 2022, 02:56:25 PM »

Is this option relatively new, or did I somehow miss it for years?

"invasionsOnlyAfterPlayerColony":

Anyway, I just wanted to mention I appreciate it, going to be setting it to true.

TheShear

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: December 23, 2022, 03:02:13 PM »

So had an interesting Issue. Someone already mentioned getting a lot of EXP. For me the Colony Profit EXP kinda ... uh "exploded"?
I went from lvl 20 to Maximum lvl (I use a mod for 40) with over 2000 Skillpoints.

Messing with the Colony did nothing, even if it produced zero or even Negative Profit it still happened.
It happened in a June on Cycle 211.
Do you need anything else?

Up until then is there a way to disable that Feature for now?

:EDIT: I just remembered but the other notable event was that one of my three Colonies reached Size 5.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 02:11:00 AM by TheShear »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5022 on: December 24, 2022, 02:42:19 AM »

I'm having issues when I try to recruit another agent. As soon as I send them off with the mission they immediately cancel it. I only have 1 level 4 hybrid agent
Looks like this bug happens when you try to recruit on your own market. Send them elsewhere for now, I'll fix it for the coming update.

Guys, thanx for your work and i dare to address you some needs, clearly can be resolve only by your mod. As i see, NPC markets refuse to build anything. Planets naked, defenseless and sometimes have absolutely absurd roster of industries. its possible to do something about? Like contracts to build for player in NPC markets or joint NPC-player industries?
The joint investment thing is an idea I've had before, but no current plans to implement it. Maybe in the future!
(or I might offload the work to SirHartley for Industrial.Evolution, lol)

help!
i have an error upon loading my favorite save to date
There's some extra stuff just under that error, can you post it?
(Also if the save doesn't have too many mods, you could upload it somewhere like Dropbox or Google Drive and I'll take a look)

The message indicates something broke on loading a mercenary company, the last one loaded is the Rocket Stars from ArmaA but I'm not sure if it's actually involved in the error. Make sure all the mods used in the save are enabled, and that none of them have undergone a save-breaking update.

So had an interesting Issue. Someone already mentioned getting a lot of EXP. For me the Colony Profit EXP kinda ... uh "exploded"?
I went from lvl 20 to Maximum lvl (I use a mod for 40) with over 2000 Skillpoints.

Messing with the Colony did nothing, even if it produced zero or even Negative Profit it still happened.
It happened in a June on Cycle 211.
Do you need anything else?

Up until then is there a way to disable that Feature for now?

:EDIT: I just remembered but the other notable event was that one of my three Colonies reached Size 5.
The screenshot suggests the huge XP jump is from the game recalculating player level for the modified XP curve from A New Level of Confidence. It doesn't have anything to do with Nex as such, except that any XP gain triggers the recompute.

Still if you want, you can try disabling colony income XP gain by changing nex_xpPerProfitMargin in Nexerelin/data/config/settings.json

TheShear

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: December 24, 2022, 03:39:10 AM »

The screenshot suggests the huge XP jump is from the game recalculating player level for the modified XP curve from A New Level of Confidence. It doesn't have anything to do with Nex as such, except that any XP gain triggers the recompute.

Still if you want, you can try disabling colony income XP gain by changing nex_xpPerProfitMargin in Nexerelin/data/config/settings.json
Thank you. Guess when I want to use that Mod I have to disable that Income then for now. I actually wondered if it's the culprit but what confused me was that it only happened at that moment and everything else was otherwise fine. Guess the Script went insane at that certain moment.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.6b "Lords of War" (fixes 2022-12-24)
« Reply #5024 on: December 24, 2022, 07:38:44 AM »

Merry Christmas! I've pushed the hotfix .jar contents (plus a few others) as an official update.

I don't know what causes the extra levels on super ship level 1 (agent) start, but if anyone can identify a specific mod or provide exact modlist + repro instructions that would be nice.

Nexerelin v0.10.6b
Download

Changelog
* Reduce market size multiplier for XP from colony profits
    * Was (size), now (size - 2) with floor of 0.5
* Fix crash on starting a Derelict Empire game
* Don't auto-abort recruit operative action on own markets
* Fix a previous-version-save compatibility issue with ongoing ground battles
* Fix/improve Crew Replacer handling with ground battles
    * Show available amounts of all usable commodities, and breakdown of commodities used by each unit
    * Fix commodity transformation bug
    * Fix unit composition after splitting
* Fix possible double payment of commission bounty for kills
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 398