Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3012997 times)

YAZF

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.5b "Sierra Nevada" (update 2022-09-17)
« Reply #4965 on: November 11, 2022, 01:46:21 PM »

A small complain/suggestion: When random core worlds is enabled I frequently find hyper valuable industry items like Pristine Nanoforges/Syncotron Cores/Alpha Cores/etc on tiny colonies with little to no defense. I get that it's random generation (and I obviously benefit from finding these unguarded treasures) but I feel like these types of items should be reserved for the bigger colonies.
Dear Alex,
There should be a battlestation/star fortress fight in the main menu mission mode.  :)

Iunnrais

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: November 12, 2022, 12:13:49 AM »

I tried searching the thread, but didn't see anything on this:  Is there any way to colonize a new planet for the sake of your commissioned faction, instead of the player owned faction?

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: November 12, 2022, 01:55:47 AM »

I tried searching the thread, but didn't see anything on this:  Is there any way to colonize a new planet for the sake of your commissioned faction, instead of the player owned faction?

Colonize it and immediately transfer it to your commissioning faction. You can perform transfers via the secretary on the colony's comm screen.

You cannot establish colonies as your commissioning faction, though. Do remember that you count as "allied" to your commish, tho, so any colonies you control is added to their win condition count if you're trying to win that way.

Iunnrais

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: November 12, 2022, 02:37:21 AM »

Hmm... I colonize, go to comms, and there's no one there at all.  How long does it take to get a secretary?

Soban

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: November 12, 2022, 08:12:21 AM »

Is it possible, or could it be possible in a future release to make colonies but give them to a faction you have a commission under. Just in a way that you remain the governor of the colony same way how you currently can buy governorships, but the planet itself stays under the faction.

While at it, it would be cool if you could Order 66 them and declare independence and take away half or more of their colonies. Expensive as heck sure but would be incredibly cool.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: November 12, 2022, 08:41:31 AM »

You can just grant them to them the moment the spaceport is complete and then pay one cred.
Also, while you can't start a civil war (which I think it would be pretty cool if you could splinter away with all worlds you govern, at the cost of triggering invasions on all of them and setting relations to -100 with them and all allies, and locking you at inhospitable or lower), you CAN pull an Andrada by refusing to hand over your conquests in quick succession.

Soban

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: November 12, 2022, 09:26:44 AM »

You can just grant them to them the moment the spaceport is complete and then pay one cred.

So I colonize a planet. Do the normal "create a faction" stuff and once the spaceport is complete I somehow gift the colony to a faction and it instantly removes my faction? Okay tested this. I can colonize a planet, wait for the spaceport to be completed. Then talk to the planetary admin and govern a colony in the factions name that I'm working with. The player faction is instantly eliminated afterwards.

you CAN pull an Andrada by refusing to hand over your conquests in quick succession.

Can you ELI5 (Explain to me Like I'm 5) this? Refusing to hand over my conquests in a quick succession. Pull an Andrada? Today I did figure out I can take over a colony if I re-invade it few days after my own faction lost it and pull a Sindrian Dictat in a way, but I think that's not an independent faction, just grabbing the governors chair for a reputation hit.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 10:21:40 AM by Soban »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4972 on: November 12, 2022, 05:55:09 PM »

Hmm... I colonize, go to comms, and there's no one there at all.  How long does it take to get a secretary?
Should happen immediately on undock+redock. (Though there's a bug where the secretary can be removed and sometimes not be readded when you change the planet's admin)

Not even sure if they are from this mod but… does N have any specific spawning locations? I would rather her spawn in my own base since I am pretty much going to take on everyone and conquer the sector in my current run. If N is not from this mod and anyone knows what mod she is from that would also be great. Hard to know what Is what with 90 some mods running around.
N is from Nex, yeah.
She always appears in the same location where her bar event spawns, which is always Prism Freeport if it exists. If Prism isn't around, can be any independent market (and if you don't like the current one, IIRC you can avoid clicking on the bar event and go somewhere you like better).

A small complain/suggestion: When random core worlds is enabled I frequently find hyper valuable industry items like Pristine Nanoforges/Syncotron Cores/Alpha Cores/etc on tiny colonies with little to no defense. I get that it's random generation (and I obviously benefit from finding these unguarded treasures) but I feel like these types of items should be reserved for the bigger colonies.
It does try to put special items on larger colonies, but that may not always be possible (e.g. none of the large planets have no atmosphere and/or fuel production). Hmm, I could try at least making stronger defense structures on colonies when they receive an industry item.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: November 13, 2022, 03:54:01 AM »

So I colonize a planet. Do the normal "create a faction" stuff and once the spaceport is complete I somehow gift the colony to a faction and it instantly removes my faction? Okay tested this. I can colonize a planet, wait for the spaceport to be completed. Then talk to the planetary admin and govern a colony in the factions name that I'm working with. The player faction is instantly eliminated afterwards.

you CAN pull an Andrada by refusing to hand over your conquests in quick succession.

Can you ELI5 (Explain to me Like I'm 5) this? Refusing to hand over my conquests in a quick succession. Pull an Andrada? Today I did figure out I can take over a colony if I re-invade it few days after my own faction lost it and pull a Sindrian Dictat in a way, but I think that's not an independent faction, just grabbing the governors chair for a reputation hit.
If you are comissioned and invade a world, it normally goes to the comissioner faction, not you. But then you get two options in the market capture notification. Buy governorship, with it staying with the comissioner, but you administering it (if size allows it, discounted compared to doing it afterwards.) or take it over (hands it over to your faction, gives a rep penalty with the comissioner, based on the market size).
In this context, pulling an andrada is taking over worlds, after your comissioner softens them up, in quick succession, until they break off the comission due to low rep.

Soban

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: November 13, 2022, 09:23:11 AM »

If you are comissioned and invade a world, it normally goes to the comissioner faction, not you. But then you get two options in the market capture notification. Buy governorship, with it staying with the comissioner, but you administering it (if size allows it, discounted compared to doing it afterwards.) or take it over (hands it over to your faction, gives a rep penalty with the comissioner, based on the market size).
In this context, pulling an andrada is taking over worlds, after your comissioner softens them up, in quick succession, until they break off the comission due to low rep.

Its a bit silly that you have to pay half a mil to a million+ probably for a governorship if you took over a planet under your commissioned factions name. Its like me making a pizza, paying for the ingredients and production, bringing it to work and then having to pay my boss so I can have few slices from it. Perhaps something that should be reworked to be a massive discount? Big as I've seen it is 0.5x factor for lowering the price so 50% off.

Cas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: November 17, 2022, 01:52:33 AM »

Is there a way to auto-vote no for peace votes, as well as automatically decline all peace/cease-fire proposals?

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: November 17, 2022, 09:55:13 AM »

Hi. Thanks again for this great mod.

Just tried a new run, and again and as virtually always, Sindria falls as the first planet very early in the game.

Thanks for fixing this.

BeltfedVendetta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: November 19, 2022, 01:34:49 PM »

Not sure if this crash is related to Nexerelin or not.

2090448 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.util.MissingFormatArgumentException: Format specifier 's'
java.util.MissingFormatArgumentException: Format specifier 's'
   at java.util.Formatter.format(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.Formatter.format(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.String.format(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.addPara(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.impl.items.consumables.itemAbilities.WIP.IndEvo_D ronesAbilityPlugin.addTooltip(IndEvo_DronesAbilityPlugin.java:53)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.impl.items.consumables.singleUseItemPlugins.IndEv o_BaseConsumableItemPlugin.createTooltip(IndEvo_BaseConsumableItemPlugin.java:159)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoDataGridView$1.createImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.ooOo.super.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.ooOo.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoDataGridView.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.oOoO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.O0O0.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0OO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OO0O.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4978 on: November 20, 2022, 03:37:25 AM »

Is there a way to auto-vote no for peace votes, as well as automatically decline all peace/cease-fire proposals?
Not currently, sorry! Maybe as part of a planned voting rework.

If you haven't already found out: It's from IndEvo, looks like a 'drones' consumable which I haven't encountered myself. (Maybe it's not supposed to be usable yet?)

Hi. Thanks again for this great mod.

Just tried a new run, and again and as virtually always, Sindria falls as the first planet very early in the game.

Thanks for fixing this.
Funny how my Sindria always sticks around pretty long even if Volturn and Cruor go down :thinking emoji:

I might just put an alpha core on the station and/or the LG HQ at some point; in the meantime use Diktat Enhancement if your Sindria is dying off too easily.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: November 20, 2022, 06:49:55 AM »

happens when you try to console in an unfinished IndEvo consumable item!
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 396