Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 398

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3042430 times)

nimtiz22

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.5b "Sierra Nevada" (update 2022-09-17)
« Reply #4905 on: September 30, 2022, 07:54:25 PM »

i know that this kinda defats the purpose of this mod but is there any way to make it vanilla as possible as i only use it cause the uaf mod requires it and not for any of the 4x aspects as i pefrer how vanilla starsector handles factions
The big thing you probably want to disable is invasions (and sat bombs), with the enableInvasions and allowNPCSatBomb settings
You could also disable diplomacy by editing its file in the config folder (make the event interval super long), and re-enable the vanilla hostility system with console (copy and paste the following):
Code: java
runcode import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.FactionHostilityManager;
FactionHostilityManager fhm = new FactionHostilityManager();
Global.getSector().addScript(fhm);

If you look around, there may also be other stuff you might choose to mess with (just try not to blow up your game in the process).
do i need to run the code of every save load?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4906 on: October 01, 2022, 07:57:41 PM »

It should only be needed once from what I can see, but I haven't actually tried it.

If the hostility events are disappearing every game load, guess you'll have to do the runcode every load (or consider the idea shot, since I assume it forgets what it was doing before the reload).

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: October 02, 2022, 12:41:02 PM »

Can Pirates and Luddic Path make alliances with the other main factions, or be offered by the main factions to join them? I am currently doing a Pather run and really want to make a Player+Pather+Pirate+Church alliance, but I am unsure if it can even be done to begin with. If I just need to wait or give some sort of offer in one of the menus.

I also remember there is a way to make pirates and pathers get counted as main factions but I don't remember where that option was. Would be super thankful is anyone who knows could tell me. (Found it. It's count pirate factions for victory condition.)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 05:24:31 PM by Catscrath »

Damonvi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: October 05, 2022, 08:07:58 PM »

kind of hard to sift through the 300+ pages of comments, so i think it's fair to ask this, even if it's already been asked.

alliances. i'm in one. i use them primarily for the commissioned crew bonuses for my fleet. currently i'm in a 5-faction alliance (that includes me). there's another faction that i have a 97/100 status with, but they "dont trust my alliance", so they wont join. looking at their faction page, this faction has no relation with any of my alliance members, but that didnt seem to be an issue with the previous 3 factions i've recruited.

so i'm curious if this is a hard-cap to the amount of factions in an alliance, or is it just due to the AI faction not playing nice with the other AI factions?

i would assume there's no cap to how many factions can be in an alliance, but i could be wrong

Catscrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: October 05, 2022, 11:40:57 PM »

kind of hard to sift through the 300+ pages of comments, so i think it's fair to ask this, even if it's already been asked.

alliances. i'm in one. i use them primarily for the commissioned crew bonuses for my fleet. currently i'm in a 5-faction alliance (that includes me). there's another faction that i have a 97/100 status with, but they "dont trust my alliance", so they wont join. looking at their faction page, this faction has no relation with any of my alliance members, but that didnt seem to be an issue with the previous 3 factions i've recruited.

so i'm curious if this is a hard-cap to the amount of factions in an alliance, or is it just due to the AI faction not playing nice with the other AI factions?

i would assume there's no cap to how many factions can be in an alliance, but i could be wrong

Could be that the factions have beliefs that oppose the core beliefs of your alliance. If a faction is against the core ideology of an alliance they will not be able to join no matter how high their standing is with the members of said alliance.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4910 on: October 06, 2022, 01:01:26 AM »

Can Pirates and Luddic Path make alliances with the other main factions, or be offered by the main factions to join them? I am currently doing a Pather run and really want to make a Player+Pather+Pirate+Church alliance, but I am unsure if it can even be done to begin with. If I just need to wait or give some sort of offer in one of the menus.

I also remember there is a way to make pirates and pathers get counted as main factions but I don't remember where that option was. Would be super thankful is anyone who knows could tell me. (Found it. It's count pirate factions for victory condition.)
You might also find it desirable to enable pirate invasions in the same config, if you're trying to make them 'main factions'.

Pirate-type factions (this is pirates and Pathers in vanilla) don't enter alliances on their own, but player can invite them the same as other factions (dock at market -> special functions).

There's no max alliance size, although there are factors tending to push larger alliances apart.
As Catscrath said it may be an alignment mismatch; if not, you may need to raise their relations with the existing members. Check the alliance entry in the intel screen to see what's happening here.

Damonvi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: October 06, 2022, 05:19:41 PM »

There's no max alliance size, although there are factors tending to push larger alliances apart.
As Catscrath said it may be an alignment mismatch; if not, you may need to raise their relations with the existing members. Check the alliance entry in the intel screen to see what's happening here.

i know there's a screen that shows which factions "can and cant" join an alliance, or rather, are "eligible or ineligible", i reference it constantly as i try to expand the alliance, as well as see what factions exist that would be good candidates. currently, my alliance is technocratic, which is a broad one, and allows for several factions to join. i also have a small whiteboard with all of the factions listed that i'd want, with their respective commissioned crew buffs, so i can curate who to enlist next.

i wasnt certain if factions needed to only have a high standing with the player faction, or all factions involved in an alliance. if it goes off of the latter, how would one influence the AI factions to gain standing among each other? afaik, you cant really directly influence actions/diplomacy between the AI.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4912 on: October 06, 2022, 06:31:27 PM »

The existing members need to all be at least Welcoming or better with the prospective member.
You can raise relations between two NPC factions with negotiator or hybrid operatives (recruited from bars or by an existing level 3 operative),

Astrefernal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: October 07, 2022, 10:00:48 AM »

I've been playing with Nexerelin for some time and I've had a problem in my most recent games with the Ninth Battle Group.

They changed from being isolationists that sometimes launch raids to Steamrolling over everyone. They are the first to invade after the grace period and they win invision 4 times out of 5 against any faction and any planet size. It goes to the point where they get two third of the core sector after two in game years and still going.
I even began a new game where I disabled all factions from mods I downloaded to keep only the vanilla ones and after only one in game day got a message saying that the Ninth Battle Group won.

I tried to deactivate them in game but they always spawn in there default system with their default weight no matter the option I choose.
I also tried to find their file in nexerelin to see if I could change them back and they don't appear anywhere.

Any ideas what caused this ? Or am I the only one with this problem ?

Damonvi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: October 07, 2022, 02:58:47 PM »

The existing members need to all be at least Welcoming or better with the prospective member.
You can raise relations between two NPC factions with negotiator or hybrid operatives (recruited from bars or by an existing level 3 operative),

MY MAN!!! everything i needed to know in that one reply!

Space_Lettuce_OG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: October 07, 2022, 03:27:07 PM »

So, how do things like cataphrats from the arma mod, that are supposed to simulate a number of marines in grounds battles, work in the Nexerelin ground battle system?
I don't see where they are able to contribute to the fight?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4916 on: October 08, 2022, 03:10:42 AM »

I've been playing with Nexerelin for some time and I've had a problem in my most recent games with the Ninth Battle Group.

They changed from being isolationists that sometimes launch raids to Steamrolling over everyone. They are the first to invade after the grace period and they win invision 4 times out of 5 against any faction and any planet size. It goes to the point where they get two third of the core sector after two in game years and still going.
I even began a new game where I disabled all factions from mods I downloaded to keep only the vanilla ones and after only one in game day got a message saying that the Ninth Battle Group won.

I tried to deactivate them in game but they always spawn in there default system with their default weight no matter the option I choose.
I also tried to find their file in nexerelin to see if I could change them back and they don't appear anywhere.
Hmm, I don't think I've heard of anything similar with 9th BG (especially the win-at-start thing, that shouldn't be possible unless literally all other playable factions are disabled). They also didn't show unusual (or indeed, any) conquests in the test game I ran.

Their faction config file is in the Arsenal Expansion mod, you could try changing the values there and/or bring up the issue to Inventor Raccoon. Are you playing on random sector?

So, how do things like cataphrats from the arma mod, that are supposed to simulate a number of marines in grounds battles, work in the Nexerelin ground battle system?
They should contribute ground support strength (visible in the tab with the other modifiers). As a bonus, it doesn't cost the carrier CR to do this, unlike with normal raids.

Astrefernal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: October 08, 2022, 04:32:43 AM »

Hmm, I don't think I've heard of anything similar with 9th BG (especially the win-at-start thing, that shouldn't be possible unless literally all other playable factions are disabled). They also didn't show unusual (or indeed, any) conquests in the test game I ran.

Their faction config file is in the Arsenal Expansion mod, you could try changing the values there and/or bring up the issue to Inventor Raccoon. Are you playing on random sector?

They should contribute ground support strength (visible in the tab with the other modifiers). As a bonus, it doesn't cost the carrier CR to do this, unlike with normal raids.

I'm playing on random sector with default weight value to try and balance their conquest (not really sucsessful so far). And I actually play with Arsenal Expansion. I can modify the value to stop the Eye from popping no matter what but that's it. Still leagues better than what at had before.

Thanks.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: October 08, 2022, 02:25:50 PM »

I'd like to make a petty suggestion:
The ability to change the agent/operative's portrait, usually i have to dive into a save game to change it to whatever i like and it would be cool if the option was there in-game.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 02:28:04 PM by e »

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: October 09, 2022, 06:57:30 AM »

Suggestion: An option to prevent invasions from occurring until you have founded your own faction, similar to the GracePeriod setting but controlled by whether you have made your own faction instead of a set number of days.

This is good for players who want to have their own faction formed before having to worry about planets switching hands, this can be justified as the players faction forming upsetting the balance of power enough that the other factions step up their game using invasions instead of just raids.
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 398