Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013547 times)

nimtiz22

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.5b "Sierra Nevada" (update 2022-09-17)
« Reply #4890 on: September 26, 2022, 09:22:51 AM »

thank you for the suggestions

zanthiem

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: September 26, 2022, 12:34:11 PM »

Hi i love the mod and was wandering if modded ships can be added so you can start with the ships from added factions (ie star wars mod)

Corelious

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: September 26, 2022, 05:08:48 PM »

Sat on this update for rather longer than necessary, but hopefully no bugs need fixing.

Nexerelin v0.10.5b
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
### Gameplay ###
* Introduce system for faction-specific market conditions
    * Currently have a +10% accessibility condition for pirates and Luddic Path
* Transfer market: Option to hand to commissioning faction and auto-get governorship
* Cargo scan doesn't check for heavy armaments if player has commission or alliance
* Ground battle gives free storage unlock on victory if player is attacker
* Independents can have a special task group as a treat
* Recently captured markets can't be transferred to factions hostile to player
* Old-style vengeance fleets cancel spawn if spaceport is disrupted
* Build station mission has small chance to not spawn interfering fleet
* Player special task groups have a teleport button for when they're stuck
* Remnant mission 2: Add some cool loot to mothership
* Remnant mission 3: Can now offer to join operation after fleets move out but before they reach target system; increase payment; other tweaks
* Random sector: Constrain min/max stars in central constellation
* Add a size-based minimum raid strength to cause unrest from raiding
* Fractal Shipworks milestone unlocked by Remnant plus bounty as well

### Fixes ###
* Counter-invasions aren't modified by brawl mode; fix them adding rather than costing invasion points
* Fix bugs with special task group costs
    * Fix having multiple special task groups but only paying for one
    * Fix player special task groups costing supplies for repairs and CR recovery
    * Remove the 25% premium paid on supplies and crew salaries (was supposed to be removed previously but this was bugged)
* Stellar Networks: prevent a case of marine XP loss when checking Remnant contact missions during remote call
* Fix submarkets on governed colony not being reset when player loses commission
* Skip invalid faction starting special items when generating blueprints for own faction start's bonus picker
* Colony expedition intel doesn't crash if market desc changer isn't running
* Fix a potential bug with minimum merc company level if player max level is changed
* Fleet request menu no longer leaks location of hidden bases
* Hypershunt encounter: Fix fleet behavior; giving a beta core no longer gives Remnant rep (only alpha core does)
* Fix a bug in alliance join weighting with `ignoreAlignmentForAlliances` setting

### Text ###
* Clarify counter-invasion text when ended due to invader being repulsed
* Replace en dashes with hyphens for Chinese version
* Fix ground battle 'timer for decision' bullet point
* Fix a counter-invasion cancellation message

### Modding ###
* Compatibility with newest Adjusted Sector
* Nex raids and (probably) legacy invasions support Crew Replacer mod
    * New invasion system to come later, will likely require significant modification
* Add `isPlayerRuled` setting to faction config (early implementation, largely untested)
* Add AgentActionListener
* Own faction setup picker: Fix title in tooltip of non-package blueprints
* Add `skillsReplace` setting for AIM merc officers
* Factions marked as 'free start' in their config won't generate planets or be toggleable in random sector

[close]

I some how missed that this updated this month - does it break saves?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4893 on: September 27, 2022, 04:40:44 AM »

Well I found out what causes the new game picker slowdown, workaround in next mod update (and next Starsector version will fix it generally).

Hi i love the mod and was wandering if modded ships can be added so you can start with the ships from added factions (ie star wars mod)
Most factions already implement their own starts, where you get their ships and a commission with that faction. If it doesn't, or you want different ships, you can add starting ships to the faction configs in data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/ (in the Nex folder for player and vanilla factions, or in the mod folder for third-party factions).

I some how missed that this updated this month - does it break saves?
Nex updates are always save-compatible at least with the previous version, unless otherwise specified (or there's a bug) :)

Bluedeferum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: September 27, 2022, 10:13:12 AM »

Hello, my game crashed every time I interact with my own created special task group. any solution for this?  :'(

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: September 27, 2022, 12:21:36 PM »

Hello, my game crashed every time I interact with my own created special task group. any solution for this?  :'(

You may want to check starsector.log in order to see what the problem is.

Gus979

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: September 28, 2022, 06:40:28 AM »

Feature request:

Thanks for the mod.  Its excellent.  I just finished the story mission and have built up Penelope system with 4 planets, the 5th being outside the system for organics.

I'm starting to engage in warfare with the other factions and have a decent sized fleet and I'm finding it harder/time consuming to get fuel/supplies due to the fights & the syndic fuel depot world got taken by a strong Persian/hegemony alliance.

Any chance of setting up a logistics officer/operative that supplies the player fleet with intervals of supplies & fuel so player can spend more time plotting/exploring/fighting factions?  Sorry If I don't understand the scope of what I'm asking.

Either way, great mod.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: September 28, 2022, 07:32:44 AM »

There are ways to get lots of supplies, the easiest one is a way station on a bigger planet I guess.
Nex has a feature that lets you build supply stations if you click on a planet... As mentioned you can add waystations to your colonies (with a blue [redacted core]), you can make more heavy/fuel industries, so many options. You don't happen to have a couple super dreadnoughts from some mod in your fleet? Some of them could have really high fuel and supply costs per month, and you do have enough logistic ships to carry all your stuff, right? The tools to fix your problem are all there, I wish you success. ;)

Gus979

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: September 28, 2022, 09:48:34 AM »

There are ways to get lots of supplies, the easiest one is a way station on a bigger planet I guess.
Nex has a feature that lets you build supply stations if you click on a planet... As mentioned you can add waystations to your colonies (with a blue [redacted core]), you can make more heavy/fuel industries, so many options. You don't happen to have a couple super dreadnoughts from some mod in your fleet? Some of them could have really high fuel and supply costs per month, and you do have enough logistic ships to carry all your stuff, right? The tools to fix your problem are all there, I wish you success. ;)

Thanks for the tip- I was ignoring waystations because I started in Penelope.  I've only considered them for their access boost and not a means of supplies and fuel for my fleet.

I'm not at home looking at the game now- I think the outpost detail was kind of generic- are they any good?  I got the impression they were a exploration tool when you are far out.  Do they make supplies and fuel at planets for you at cost?  Does it make any sense to put one in Penelope alongside my colonized planets?

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: September 28, 2022, 11:15:05 AM »

You should try it all out once you are home, but since you don't have way stations this will be the solution, they pile huge amounts of supplies and fuel, one is usually enough to supply more than one huuuge fleet, but the 10% or so access you gain may also be worth it, access multiplies your export value and the way station upkeep is cheap, you can supply at every single of your colonies if you build them on all your colonies, I recommend doing that. Remember that a blue redacted core makes them stock even more.

xZarif

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: September 28, 2022, 05:31:02 PM »

Do defense fleets (requested task force ones) factor into the invasion autoresolve, if the player is absent from the system? Let's say I get a notification for an incoming invasion, so I hire a defense fleet targeting that market. Even if the defense fleet is "fairly strong" versus the invading "fairly capable", the intel estimation on the invasion vs. defenders still says "superior" i.e., unchanged after the defense arrives. The invaders defeat the station and deploy their marines while the defense fleet is still 'alive' in my intel, as if the defense task force doesn't exist.

spazza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: September 29, 2022, 01:56:55 PM »

immediately invaded tigra city and installed an alpha core admin, the first step towards n o h e g e m o n y except mine

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: September 30, 2022, 12:36:20 AM »

Thanks for the tip- I was ignoring waystations because I started in Penelope.  I've only considered them for their access boost and not a means of supplies and fuel for my fleet.

I'm not at home looking at the game now- I think the outpost detail was kind of generic- are they any good?  I got the impression they were a exploration tool when you are far out.  Do they make supplies and fuel at planets for you at cost?  Does it make any sense to put one in Penelope alongside my colonized planets?

Be mindfull however, since drawing supplies /fuel from a waystation still costs you money
a better way is to use variable manufactories with supply/fuelsupply vlc slotted into them

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: September 30, 2022, 01:03:30 AM »

variable manufactories with supply/fuelsupply vlc slotted into them
That is Industrial Evolution aka mod content and not a vanilla aka base game feature...

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4904 on: September 30, 2022, 07:21:04 PM »

Do defense fleets (requested task force ones) factor into the invasion autoresolve, if the player is absent from the system? Let's say I get a notification for an incoming invasion, so I hire a defense fleet targeting that market. Even if the defense fleet is "fairly strong" versus the invading "fairly capable", the intel estimation on the invasion vs. defenders still says "superior" i.e., unchanged after the defense arrives. The invaders defeat the station and deploy their marines while the defense fleet is still 'alive' in my intel, as if the defense task force doesn't exist.
The autoresolve basically just sums the 'fleet point' strength of all fleets belonging to the attacking and defending faction, and the station around the specific target. This includes the requested defense fleets. The side with more points wins. (Third parties aren't counted even if they're friendly/hostile to one side or the other, which is a bit annoying)

One thing that can shift the strength comparison (without otherwise being known to the player) is if a special task group or two on either side decides to invite themselves to the battle.

Also fleets can't die in autoresolve, so if e.g. you encounter fleets in hyperspace returning from a failed raid they'll all be at full strength.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 396