Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3012991 times)

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.5b "Sierra Nevada" (update 2022-09-17)
« Reply #4875 on: September 18, 2022, 01:38:21 AM »

Ah, okay. Thank you for the update. :D

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6b "Earth and Sky" (update 2020-02-25)
« Reply #4876 on: September 20, 2022, 11:41:36 AM »

Hey, so, if there is a rebellion and you support the rebellion side by selling to the black market with your transponder on, once they take over the colony, you get a reputation penalty with them for selling stuff on the black market right after they capture said market.

thats an understatement, despite only getting a -15 rep hit, i completly lost my commission and went from 100 rep to -25 for some reason

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: September 20, 2022, 02:02:39 PM »

Speaking of funding revolutionaries - is the "trade with enemies" relation malus supposed to factor in black market trade?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4878 on: September 20, 2022, 07:12:10 PM »

Reputation changes from trade is handled by vanilla code. Looking at it, it might be intentional, although I don't know if anyone has specifically brought it up to Alex.

Hmm, I think I did say previously I wanted to override this behavior, so maybe I will next version...

Hey, so, if there is a rebellion and you support the rebellion side by selling to the black market with your transponder on, once they take over the colony, you get a reputation penalty with them for selling stuff on the black market right after they capture said market.

thats an understatement, despite only getting a -15 rep hit, i completly lost my commission and went from 100 rep to -25 for some reason
Needless to say, a -15 rep loss from +100 can't make you lose your commission, barring something like Iron Shell's enforcing of good relations with Hegemony (e.g. it kicks you out and restores relations if you attack Heg while having an IS commission). Did you notice any other reputation events at the time?

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: September 20, 2022, 10:19:37 PM »

Reputation changes from trade is handled by vanilla code. Looking at it, it might be intentional, although I don't know if anyone has specifically brought it up to Alex.

Hmm, I think I did say previously I wanted to override this behavior, so maybe I will next version...

Needless to say, a -15 rep loss from +100 can't make you lose your commission, barring something like Iron Shell's enforcing of good relations with Hegemony (e.g. it kicks you out and restores relations if you attack Heg while having an IS commission). Did you notice any other reputation events at the time?

nope that was literally it

i even checked what else it could have done, since it left me so baffled why it just kicked me out so hard like that

raco12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Nexerelin Breaks Vanilla Market Prices?
« Reply #4880 on: September 22, 2022, 04:04:22 PM »

Hello, I've been using Nexerelin Mod for a week a noticed how the mod changes how the srarsector vanilla market prices behaves.

On Vanilla I was used to play as a smuggler on early game and buy RD (recreational drugs) at 150+ Credits and sell on planets on 500+ Credits.

With the Nexerelin mod this breaks and leaves no only smuggling, but any trade from being profitable.

Even normal trading of commodities.

As an example the maximum price I can sell RD with Nexerelin turned on is 250+ CRT at maximum while with the mod disabled I can sell even in 700+ CRT on some of the more demanding planets of the inner systems.

I want to know if this can be changed via settings or if I have to bear the broken market while using the mod, because it happens with every commodity ingame.

This breaks Trader, Smuggler and Pirates gamestyles in my opinion.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4881 on: September 22, 2022, 07:15:45 PM »

Hm. Vanilla never had such huge price discrepancies 'naturally' either, only during shortages. Nex just removes some of the free perma-shortages (specifically involving Luddic and pirate markets).

Shortages can still occur due to events, or you can create them yourself. Bar delivery quests are also an option. Keep in mind that Nex also reduces the tariffs for legitimate trade considerably (30% -> 18%, or 9% with free port).

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: September 23, 2022, 02:18:39 AM »

question, is showdown a unique mission? cause the hegemony fleet got absolutely yeeted into oblivion by hyperstorms (what a fun gamemechanic... -.-) so i completly lost it.

can i do the mission again when it fails for obvious reasons? or am i just done with that?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4883 on: September 23, 2022, 03:17:21 AM »

It's gone if you fail (dunno if devmode brings it back, probably not).

Xaygon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: September 24, 2022, 06:51:37 AM »

So I recently got my own colony back after it being invaded.
However instead of being returned to my faction it was given to the Roider Union (Roider comission).
I can now buy the governship but its still roider union and not my own faction, do I need to ensign with my own faction for it to return to me or something?

ebolamorph

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: September 24, 2022, 07:52:51 AM »

I keep getting an error when i try to launch with nexerelin. Due to the fact my pc is not able to be hooked up to the internet rn can i get a discord tag or something so i can shsre my starsector lol with you? I keep getting an obj json error

calantlar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: September 24, 2022, 08:16:51 AM »

So I've been trying to get a specific behaviour set up.

I want to run non-random core worlds, with invasions on BUT with one caveat, I don't want them to invade any of the core worlds, I want to have the AI factions fight only for colonies established after the game starts.

Now I saw that some planets are blocked from invasion if you have the story planets invasion protection on, is there a way I can extend this protection to the rest of the inhabited core worlds so I get the above behaviour and if so how do I go about doing so?

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: September 25, 2022, 10:31:44 AM »

Would it be possible to filter or disable blueprints in the faction starting bonus? Having enough mods makes it extremely slow in the window.

nimtiz22

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: September 25, 2022, 05:36:01 PM »

i know that this kinda defats the purpose of this mod but is there any way to make it vanilla as possible as i only use it cause the uaf mod requires it and not for any of the 4x aspects as i pefrer how vanilla starsector handles factions

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4889 on: September 25, 2022, 07:03:36 PM »

So I recently got my own colony back after it being invaded.
However instead of being returned to my faction it was given to the Roider Union (Roider comission).
I can now buy the governship but its still roider union and not my own faction, do I need to ensign with my own faction for it to return to me or something?
You can get the colony back by choosing the 'take' option in the ground battle's intel screen (this should have no rep penalty if it was originally your own colony, but I haven't verified if this still works).
If you already missed the decision window, enter setmarketowner <planet name> player in the Console Commands console.

I keep getting an error when i try to launch with nexerelin. Due to the fact my pc is not able to be hooked up to the internet rn can i get a discord tag or something so i can shsre my starsector lol with you? I keep getting an obj json error
Are you the one who pinged me on Discord the other day?
If not, at a guess you need to navigate to the Starsector website and download the newest installer (I'd recommend tethering your phone to PC rather than downloading it direct to phone).

So I've been trying to get a specific behaviour set up.

I want to run non-random core worlds, with invasions on BUT with one caveat, I don't want them to invade any of the core worlds, I want to have the AI factions fight only for colonies established after the game starts.

Now I saw that some planets are blocked from invasion if you have the story planets invasion protection on, is there a way I can extend this protection to the rest of the inhabited core worlds so I get the above behaviour and if so how do I go about doing so?
Copy and paste the following into console:
Code: java
runcode for (MarketAPI market : Global.getSector().getEconomy().getMarketsCopy()) {
if (market.getMemoryWithoutUpdate().getBoolean("$nex_npcColony")) {
continue;
}
if ("player".equals(market.getMemoryWithoutUpdate().getString("$startingFactionId"))) {
continue; /* don't protect player-founded colonies */
}
Misc.makeStoryCritical(market, "$i_dont_want_invasions");
}
(note that colonies created by Vayra's Sector factions will also be protected)

Would it be possible to filter or disable blueprints in the faction starting bonus? Having enough mods makes it extremely slow in the window.
Sorry, can't be disabled currently! Maybe a setting in the future.
(Also I'll try to find out what's causing this slowdown and report to Alex if relevant)

i know that this kinda defats the purpose of this mod but is there any way to make it vanilla as possible as i only use it cause the uaf mod requires it and not for any of the 4x aspects as i pefrer how vanilla starsector handles factions
The big thing you probably want to disable is invasions (and sat bombs), with the enableInvasions and allowNPCSatBomb settings
You could also disable diplomacy by editing its file in the config folder (make the event interval super long), and re-enable the vanilla hostility system with console (copy and paste the following):
Code: java
runcode import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.FactionHostilityManager;
FactionHostilityManager fhm = new FactionHostilityManager();
Global.getSector().addScript(fhm);

If you look around, there may also be other stuff you might choose to mess with (just try not to blow up your game in the process).
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 396