Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 398

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3042411 times)

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.5 "Sierra Nevada" (update 2022-07-17)
« Reply #4860 on: September 09, 2022, 08:43:36 AM »

Is it normal for special task forces to be SUPER expensive to run?
I was trying to have a small one as a system defense while i build my industry and explore, since my feeble Patrol HQ cant keep up with the enemies.
However the task group drained about 90k last month, 74037$ of those with supply costs.
It's just like 3 destroyers, and a couple frigates (all destroyers, and some of the ships even have efficiency overhaul hullmod).
At base 100$/Supply thats 740,37 supplies/month, or 24,679/day.
My main fleet uses about 5.7/day and is bigger and stronger by a lot. Whats going on there?
This taskforce is ruining my wallet and im a long way from home :,)
Love the feature tho otherwise

I think having expensive Maintenance is fine, since you have operatives for pirate/pathers, and multiple ways to invalidate expeditions that aren't taskforces (alliance, aversion, not having AI cores/freeport, defensive structures/industries).

although it's pretty weird how high it is in comparison to restoring it from death.

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: September 09, 2022, 10:50:52 AM »

Did you set up a Nex faction config file for your faction? (data/config/exerelinFactionConfig)

Speaking of faction configuration in this folder, it had "playableFaction":false, and freeStart parameter was commented, I uncommend it and set is as "freeStart":true, but didn't tested yet.

Is it normal for special task forces to be SUPER expensive to run?
I was trying to have a small one as a system defense while i build my industry and explore, since my feeble Patrol HQ cant keep up with the enemies.
However the task group drained about 90k last month, 74037$ of those with supply costs.
It's just like 3 destroyers, and a couple frigates (all destroyers, and some of the ships even have efficiency overhaul hullmod).
At base 100$/Supply thats 740,37 supplies/month, or 24,679/day.
My main fleet uses about 5.7/day and is bigger and stronger by a lot. Whats going on there?
This taskforce is ruining my wallet and im a long way from home :,)
Love the feature tho otherwise

Speaking of my feedback on Strike Force, while on paper its sounds as good variant of putting to use ships which you put in storage, on practice what hurts them most, is what all off screen battles are calculated via hidden fleet point stats of each ship, which represent "strength" each ship for off-screen battle calculation, and there both issues with it, one is what your ship loadout really don't matter at all, no matter how your loadout is powerful enough, the fleet points will be same, and second, man modders neglect this stat, and its not always represent actual power of ship, and vanilla XIV ships have highest fleet point stat, XIV Onslaught have more fleet points than Paragon or Radiant, so unless your strike force consist of purely XIV ships you will loose your strike force alot.

And to be honest I'm not sure how to resolve this issue nicely. As option, maybe when strike group enters combat, give two options, either auto resolve it, or enter the combat and command your strike group as you command your own fleet in battle.

Nesano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: September 09, 2022, 06:48:21 PM »

Does the player have any sway in which alliance their commissioned faction joins/leaves?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4863 on: September 09, 2022, 07:10:55 PM »

For those who missed the Discord discussion, there's a couple of bugs in the supply cost calculation (in particular it includes CR recovery/repair costs, when it wasn't intended to because of the incentives this creates) which will be fixed.

Does the player have any sway in which alliance their commissioned faction joins/leaves?
Other than manipulating relations with the alliance members (or adding more members to the alliance, as the chance of joining already-large alliances is reduced), the player can't influence this decision.

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: September 10, 2022, 03:18:33 PM »

Speaking of task group costs, unless I'm reading my income tab wrong, it seems to only charge me for my most recent taskforce, even if I have multiple up and running.

renegade_sock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: September 10, 2022, 09:14:36 PM »

Hi, is it intentional that when I gift a market to a friendly faction, I only get a very minor reputation boost, but when said market then gets invaded by a hostile faction, I get a huge reputation penalty to my friendly faction? It seems odd to be so heavily penalised for gifting a faction a market, even if it is later inavded.

renegade_sock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: September 10, 2022, 09:17:12 PM »

On a side note, is it possible to add an option to reduce the stability penalty to raiding? It seems a bit too easy to decivilize hostile colonies with just a few raids

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4867 on: September 11, 2022, 05:36:17 PM »

Hi, is it intentional that when I gift a market to a friendly faction, I only get a very minor reputation boost, but when said market then gets invaded by a hostile faction, I get a huge reputation penalty to my friendly faction? It seems odd to be so heavily penalised for gifting a faction a market, even if it is later inavded.
You don't lose rep for a friendly planet getting invaded (unless there's some obscure bug involved), so I'm not sure what you mean. If something like it happens again, look at the surrounding notifications and intel items and see if there's any cause of the rep loss (which may not have anything to do with the invasion itself).

On a side note, is it possible to add an option to reduce the stability penalty to raiding? It seems a bit too easy to decivilize hostile colonies with just a few raids
Next update implements a minimum raid strength (based on market size) to cause nonzero unrest. At some point I may also add diminishing returns to the unrest caused by raids.

Speaking of task group costs, unless I'm reading my income tab wrong, it seems to only charge me for my most recent taskforce, even if I have multiple up and running.
Yeah, I guess I didn't change the cost records to support multiple task groups. Will fix, thanks!

sterr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: September 14, 2022, 07:47:07 PM »

Is there a way to make the AI less prone to wars? I'd like to make wars rarer but also larger. I know I can make them larger by changing invasion/response fleet sizes, war weariness, etc but I also want to only have those wars happen once every few years, even with a ton of modded factions, without having to do something like flatten relations.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4869 on: September 16, 2022, 02:35:57 AM »

Is there a way to make the AI less prone to wars? I'd like to make wars rarer but also larger. I know I can make them larger by changing invasion/response fleet sizes, war weariness, etc but I also want to only have those wars happen once every few years, even with a ton of modded factions, without having to do something like flatten relations.
Increasing the diplomacy interval in data/config/exerelin/diplomacyConfig.json might do the job.

(In the same file, you can also reduce the chance of the four or so random negative events with "repLimit":"hostile", i.e. the ones that can push factions into war without either making an explicit decision to declare war)

sterr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: September 16, 2022, 06:02:00 PM »

Increasing the diplomacy interval in data/config/exerelin/diplomacyConfig.json might do the job.

(In the same file, you can also reduce the chance of the four or so random negative events with "repLimit":"hostile", i.e. the ones that can push factions into war without either making an explicit decision to declare war)
Will try it, thank you friendly amino acid.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.5b "Sierra Nevada" (update 2022-09-17)
« Reply #4871 on: September 16, 2022, 07:21:33 PM »

Sat on this update for rather longer than necessary, but hopefully no bugs need fixing.

Nexerelin v0.10.5b
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
### Gameplay ###
* Introduce system for faction-specific market conditions
    * Currently have a +10% accessibility condition for pirates and Luddic Path
* Transfer market: Option to hand to commissioning faction and auto-get governorship
* Cargo scan doesn't check for heavy armaments if player has commission or alliance
* Ground battle gives free storage unlock on victory if player is attacker
* Independents can have a special task group as a treat
* Recently captured markets can't be transferred to factions hostile to player
* Old-style vengeance fleets cancel spawn if spaceport is disrupted
* Build station mission has small chance to not spawn interfering fleet
* Player special task groups have a teleport button for when they're stuck
* Remnant mission 2: Add some cool loot to mothership
* Remnant mission 3: Can now offer to join operation after fleets move out but before they reach target system; increase payment; other tweaks
* Random sector: Constrain min/max stars in central constellation
* Add a size-based minimum raid strength to cause unrest from raiding
* Fractal Shipworks milestone unlocked by Remnant plus bounty as well

### Fixes ###
* Counter-invasions aren't modified by brawl mode; fix them adding rather than costing invasion points
* Fix bugs with special task group costs
    * Fix having multiple special task groups but only paying for one
    * Fix player special task groups costing supplies for repairs and CR recovery
    * Remove the 25% premium paid on supplies and crew salaries (was supposed to be removed previously but this was bugged)
* Stellar Networks: prevent a case of marine XP loss when checking Remnant contact missions during remote call
* Fix submarkets on governed colony not being reset when player loses commission
* Skip invalid faction starting special items when generating blueprints for own faction start's bonus picker
* Colony expedition intel doesn't crash if market desc changer isn't running
* Fix a potential bug with minimum merc company level if player max level is changed
* Fleet request menu no longer leaks location of hidden bases
* Hypershunt encounter: Fix fleet behavior; giving a beta core no longer gives Remnant rep (only alpha core does)
* Fix a bug in alliance join weighting with `ignoreAlignmentForAlliances` setting

### Text ###
* Clarify counter-invasion text when ended due to invader being repulsed
* Replace en dashes with hyphens for Chinese version
* Fix ground battle 'timer for decision' bullet point
* Fix a counter-invasion cancellation message

### Modding ###
* Compatibility with newest Adjusted Sector
* Nex raids and (probably) legacy invasions support Crew Replacer mod
    * New invasion system to come later, will likely require significant modification
* Add `isPlayerRuled` setting to faction config (early implementation, largely untested)
* Add AgentActionListener
* Own faction setup picker: Fix title in tooltip of non-package blueprints
* Add `skillsReplace` setting for AIM merc officers
* Factions marked as 'free start' in their config won't generate planets or be toggleable in random sector

[close]

Cjoy1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: September 17, 2022, 10:23:53 AM »

It's probably a dumb question but is there any way to track heg. fleet in showdown mission without following it? I can't find it for some reason...

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: September 17, 2022, 04:07:23 PM »

* Random sector: Constrain min/max stars in central constellation
v0.10.5b - I cannot find such an option when I make a new run, not in sector generation, be it random or non random core worlds, nor in any of the configs (exerelin_config.json, settings.json in configs) in the the mod folder.  :o
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 04:08:56 PM by Dadada »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4874 on: September 17, 2022, 07:26:47 PM »

Oh, it's not an option, it's something hardcoded to keep the constellation from growing out of hand with the star system count set too high in the new game dialog.

It's probably a dumb question but is there any way to track heg. fleet in showdown mission without following it? I can't find it for some reason...
If you create a blank file Starsector/saves/common/nex_dev.data the mission intel will show some debug locational info.
If the fleet hasn't reached its destination system yet, you can also go into hyperspace, enable dev mode and press Ctrl+Z to see everything in the location (although playing with this setting left on is not recommended)
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 398