Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013241 times)

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.5 "Sierra Nevada" (update 2022-07-17)
« Reply #4800 on: August 10, 2022, 08:20:00 AM »

Well, thank you, I hope this helps:
Btw, this may be tangent? Idk.  But, can the default story be completely skipped? Like, not completed skipped as the mod makes it but skipped skipped like the player has nothing to do whatsoever with it. Can it be doable to do just that? To make the Galaxia Academic Question completely alien to the player until they hear some news and perhaps investigate it thus actually prompting and starting the storyline fresh but not forced? Kinda weird to me, that start and perhaps even weirder with the mod, albeit as far as I can tell, it generally by default just follows the default storyline but just with less benefits like no monthly income from the Academy unlike the standard game. I hope i made that clear enough to at  the very least be understood.
Or maybe it does not.  :o
E: It probably does not, there goes my "idea" and your solution (which I did not manage to find, guess I am blind lel).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 08:28:52 AM by Dadada »

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: August 10, 2022, 08:28:29 AM »

2 ways you could go about it -
Enable tutorial start, which is a natural lead-in to the quest

or

Enable story skipping, but add more credits and ships to lend credence to the fact you've done the quest

Inari

• Ensign
  • Local foxgirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: August 14, 2022, 02:40:55 AM »

Been using this mod for quite a bit, I'm enjoying it.

However I'm kinda curious is there a way to break alliances up between AI? As going to the special options only allows me to join the alliance that the AI faction is already in.

I looked through the campaign.xml and there's an option to set the alliance as dissolved but the game still seems to think the both AI factions are still part of it.

The code looks something like this in the campaign.xml
Spoiler
<NexAllyIntl z="338213" tt="-55666512000000">
<faction1 cl="Faction" ref="15790"></faction1>
<faction2 cl="Faction" ref="689"></faction2>
<allianceId>a313a757-fdd2-47ec-be7b-74ea219031aa</allianceId>
<allianceName>Greater Hegemony</allianceName>
<isDissolved>true</isDissolved>
[close]

I tried setting the relations for both AI Factions in the console to be 0 for each other as well, they didn't leave the alliance either.

Tl;dr Want to form an alliance with AI Faction that consists only of my faction and the AI faction but can't dislodge AI Faction from old faction for some reason.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 02:44:54 AM by Belfast »
Hey hey people, Sseth here-

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: August 14, 2022, 03:47:17 AM »

If it's Iron Shell (which "Great Hegemony" would suggest), then setting their relationship with each other to 0 won't work - there relationship can't drop below 50,maybe even 100.

Inari

• Ensign
  • Local foxgirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: August 14, 2022, 06:02:27 AM »

If it's Iron Shell (which "Great Hegemony" would suggest), then setting their relationship with each other to 0 won't work - there relationship can't drop below 50,maybe even 100.

Ahh I see, thanks!
Hey hey people, Sseth here-

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4805 on: August 14, 2022, 06:06:02 AM »

In 0.10.5 the console command LeaveAlliance should also forcibly break them up (previously it didn't work on permanent alliances).

Btw, this may be tangent? Idk.  But, can the default story be completely skipped? Like, not completed skipped as the mod makes it but skipped skipped like the player has nothing to do whatsoever with it. Can it be doable to do just that? To make the Galaxia Academic Question completely alien to the player until they hear some news and perhaps investigate it thus actually prompting and starting the storyline fresh but not forced? Kinda weird to me, that start and perhaps even weirder with the mod, albeit as far as I can tell, it generally by default just follows the default storyline but just with less benefits like no monthly income from the Academy unlike the standard game. I hope i made that clear enough to at  the very least be understood.
I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're trying to say :-X

If you don't use the skip story option, the Academy just sits there and you can start the quest chain by going there at any time.

vicegrip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: August 14, 2022, 11:45:57 AM »

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this so far, but in the current defend the Nexus quest line, if you follow the Hegemony task force to their staging system and talk them into letting you go, and your fleet is too large to normally disengage, there is no new dialogue option to leave, and you will need to use another story point to leave via special maneuvers. I don't think this was intended behavior.

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: August 15, 2022, 09:00:14 AM »

So.. I think I just "finished" the showdown quest? I lost the fleet, they went off and died I guess, no idea where I was supposed to defend. But is that it? I get a small cash reward and it's over? Nothing else from Midnight Dissonant?

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
  • Grand Admiral of the Galactic Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: August 19, 2022, 06:42:18 PM »

May I ask what to do/config to make mod faction actually be truly able to disable on start? I found the mod factions are still there even though I've disabled them when starting a new game. I guess generating systems and the markets with script may ignore nexerelin settings and force the faction's system and market to spawn?

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: August 19, 2022, 07:31:33 PM »

May I ask what to do/config to make mod faction actually be truly able to disable on start? I found the mod factions are still there even though I've disabled them when starting a new game. I guess generating systems and the markets with script may ignore nexerelin settings and force the faction's system and market to spawn?

Which mod faction? Is there any reason you can't uncheck the mod in the mod manager?

Tyrgalon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: August 20, 2022, 03:56:47 AM »

In two games the faction I am with just does not seem to like expanding, meanwhile other factions are grabbing stuff left and right, any idea why this might be?

And is there any way I can help them to actually start doing something usefull?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 04:24:17 AM by Tyrgalon »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4811 on: August 20, 2022, 09:38:40 AM »

Which mod faction? Is there any reason you can't uncheck the mod in the mod manager?
Yes, which faction? Some mods may not have been set up to obey the "don't generate handmade systems in random sector" behavior.

In two games the faction I am with just does not seem to like expanding, meanwhile other factions are grabbing stuff left and right, any idea why this might be?

And is there any way I can help them to actually start doing something usefull?
If you mean the player faction specifically, it generally doesn't do much on its own, that's what you're for.
If it's a commissioning faction, depends on things like their economic production (for generating invasion fleets; this part also relies on having enemies to begin with) and whether they're set to launch colony expeditions. Which faction were you working with?

So.. I think I just "finished" the showdown quest? I lost the fleet, they went off and died I guess, no idea where I was supposed to defend. But is that it? I get a small cash reward and it's over? Nothing else from Midnight Dissonant?
That's currently the last mission, yeah.

It should probably straight-up fail the mission if you lose track of the fleet completely. But I'd like it there to be (rare, to be sure) situations where the player doesn't have the fleet in sight, but can make a guess where it's going and complete the mission that way. Hmm.

Tyrgalon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: August 20, 2022, 09:46:42 AM »

If you mean the player faction specifically, it generally doesn't do much on its own, that's what you're for.
If it's a commissioning faction, depends on things like their economic production (for generating invasion fleets; this part also relies on having enemies to begin with) and whether they're set to launch colony expeditions. Which faction were you working with?

Comissioning, roider union and mayasura.
I guess they both start of pretty weak with only 1 planet and so the more established factions just have a much easier time to start expanding and both these factions can easily get kinda screwed and left weak and vulnerable then yeah.

Can I for example support them economically by selling them everything I find and fulfilling planet requirements or such to boost them?
Also if I request a colonization mission from them it says its a "player" mission, does that mean I would gain that planet or would it colonize it for the comissioned faction?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 10:02:13 AM by Tyrgalon »

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: August 20, 2022, 01:45:59 PM »

Yes, which faction? Some mods may not have been set up to obey the "don't generate handmade systems in random sector" behavior.

Ah, I suppose that's why trying to do random sector crashes?  I tracked it down to Tahlan Shipworks, but it seems to be an intermittent crash.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4814 on: August 20, 2022, 06:45:53 PM »

Comissioning, roider union and mayasura.
I guess they both start of pretty weak with only 1 planet and so the more established factions just have a much easier time to start expanding and both these factions can easily get kinda screwed and left weak and vulnerable then yeah.

Can I for example support them economically by selling them everything I find and fulfilling planet requirements or such to boost them?
Also if I request a colonization mission from them it says its a "player" mission, does that mean I would gain that planet or would it colonize it for the comissioned faction?
A planet having all its demand met will be stronger, but at some point the only thing that will help is more/bigger planets and more industry.

Requested colony expeditions IIRC always go to the player, but you can go to the resulting planet and transfer it to your faction.

Ah, I suppose that's why trying to do random sector crashes?  I tracked it down to Tahlan Shipworks, but it seems to be an intermittent crash.
Crashing outright shouldn't happen in random sector or the mod in general; you'll likely want to look at the specific error in the log to find out which mod is causing it and why.
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 396