Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3044013 times)

Gundamfan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.5 "Sierra Nevada" (update 2022-07-17)
« Reply #4785 on: July 30, 2022, 09:12:34 PM »

Hello, I want to ask if this is an error?
You see, Refinery and Orbital works uses the same Nanoforges
But I want to equip both at the same homeworld
I also Check By Adding a Farm and Aquaculture by using Console commands and only one of them is only capable of adding Soil nanites.

And Lastly I notice that Putting any Ai Core on any Production actually crash the Game
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 09:14:27 PM by Gundamfan »

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: July 31, 2022, 11:18:14 AM »

Would it be possible to seperate invasions from raids and stuff, in terms of config?

I want raids to be somewhat common, but invasions rare, but I can't do that when raids use the same point system as invasions.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4787 on: July 31, 2022, 05:29:20 PM »

Is it at all possible to influence/define/modify the planet generation at the start of an Own Faction Start before the Picker appears? I'm tired of getting Acid planets and 250% risk planets lol. I'm fine modifying a config file or something if that's an option
There isn't a config for it. Although if you're getting 250% hazard planets it means the picker couldn't find any better (young sector?)

If you start a new game in dev mode, it'll generate a debug intel that'll list all the planets it considered for giving the player.

Recently updated a few mods and began a new playthrough, but after a short time I get this error:
https://puu.sh/JdOKE/556ee96d5e.png

I updated Nexerelin, but I then get this error while attempting to load my save:
https://puu.sh/JdOLg/f73ffa6f80.png

I'm updating from 0.10.2c to 0.10.5, any way to get my old save working? I don't get the error while playing through a NEW playthrough, but I found a juicy water world and lots of blueprints that I'd very much like to keep. I can provide log details if need be.
Updating the mod over such a large version gap may not be possible. But that error in particular will be a bit tricky to deal with (it involves loading data for mining fleets).

One thing you can try:
- Update to 0.10.3i
- If you successfully load, go far away from the core worlds and stay there for a while (an ingame week should be sufficient?) so most fleets despawn
- Save game, update to 0.10.5, try to load again

If you can do stage 2 at least, that'll let you continue playing the save.

You can also try staying on 0.10.2c and just setting nex_vultureSpawnRateMult in Nexerelin/data/config/settings.json to 0, although that may not help if the relevant fleets have already spawned. There may also be other incompatibilities with Starsector 0.95.1.

Hello, I want to ask if this is an error?
You see, Refinery and Orbital works uses the same Nanoforges
But I want to equip both at the same homeworld
I also Check By Adding a Farm and Aquaculture by using Console commands and only one of them is only capable of adding Soil nanites.

And Lastly I notice that Putting any Ai Core on any Production actually crash the Game
Haven't checked the soil nanite code specifically, but I assume it's intentional. Either way, it's vanilla behavior (possibly modified by some other mod) that Nexerelin doesn't touch.

For the AI core crash, it's probably not a Nex error. Post the error message from starsector.log after a crash.

Would it be possible to seperate invasions from raids and stuff, in terms of config?

I want raids to be somewhat common, but invasions rare, but I can't do that when raids use the same point system as invasions.
By default raids always alternate with invasions. A general separation probably isn't gonna happen till I get around to doing the faction strategic AI.
Although there's a few things you can do, like make factions not invade markets they aren't the original owners of.

Giokins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: July 31, 2022, 09:19:49 PM »

Updating the mod over such a large version gap may not be possible. But that error in particular will be a bit tricky to deal with (it involves loading data for mining fleets).

One thing you can try:
- Update to 0.10.3i
- If you successfully load, go far away from the core worlds and stay there for a while (an ingame week should be sufficient?) so most fleets despawn
- Save game, update to 0.10.5, try to load again

If you can do stage 2 at least, that'll let you continue playing the save.

You can also try staying on 0.10.2c and just setting nex_vultureSpawnRateMult in Nexerelin/data/config/settings.json to 0, although that may not help if the relevant fleets have already spawned. There may also be other incompatibilities with Starsector 0.95.1.

Worked like a charm, thanks!

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: August 03, 2022, 05:07:20 PM »

Is it possible to sell planets to factions in Nex or just transfer them?
I could have sworn I remember being able to sell them as well as buy them but I could be wrong.

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: August 04, 2022, 12:43:47 AM »

Is it possible to sell planets to factions in Nex or just transfer them?
I could have sworn I remember being able to sell them as well as buy them but I could be wrong.

You can take on conquer missions which provide a bounty payout after you transfer the market

Kat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: August 04, 2022, 11:29:03 AM »

I had a thought the other day.

Is it possible to create factions dynamically/spontaneously ? I was thinking about the map, and how stars are grouped in constellations. Now it's possible to settle them, give the colonies to the "independents" faction, but my thought there was... would a minor faction of all the "independent" worlds in a constellation make sense ?

like, here's 4 constellations: Elnor, Anyang, Nysa, and Dargor Nebula. Is it possible for a minor faction of "Anyang Association" to be generated, that would then function like other factions, forming diplomatic agreements, fighting wars etc. ?

[attachment deleted by admin]

ChristophHRO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: August 05, 2022, 02:42:42 AM »

Can i put off faction respawn in a running game?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4793 on: August 05, 2022, 06:54:09 PM »

I had a thought the other day.

Is it possible to create factions dynamically/spontaneously ? I was thinking about the map, and how stars are grouped in constellations. Now it's possible to settle them, give the colonies to the "independents" faction, but my thought there was... would a minor faction of all the "independent" worlds in a constellation make sense ?

like, here's 4 constellations: Elnor, Anyang, Nysa, and Dargor Nebula. Is it possible for a minor faction of "Anyang Association" to be generated, that would then function like other factions, forming diplomatic agreements, fighting wars etc. ?
I'm not sure dynamically creating factions is currently possible, sadly.

Can i put off faction respawn in a running game?
Type ReloadNexConfig (not case-sensitive) in Console Commands mod.

ChristophHRO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: August 06, 2022, 11:31:05 AM »

Thanks a lot!

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: August 09, 2022, 04:50:37 AM »

Has anyone seen an AI v AI invasion fail naturally?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: August 09, 2022, 06:01:52 AM »

I would like to request a "furthest reaches" setting for Own Colony starts, for those that want a different experience.
(Or well, a normal experience in my case, since that's where I normally first settle, but I'd like to be able to skip the seek and colonise stage sometimes.)

Johnson Shaw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: August 09, 2022, 10:17:11 PM »

I'm sorry if I just missed it or so but...Does  Nexerelin allow the conquering/building of orbital stations? I know it let's you conquer other populated planets. Orbital Stations though? Unsure about that.

Have played with the mod a bit, got a decent run but yeah.

Btw, this may be tangent? Idk.  But, can the default story be completely skipped? Like, not completed skipped as the mod makes it but skipped skipped like the player has nothing to do whatsoever with it. Can it be doable to do just that? To make the Galaxia Academic Question completely alien to the player until they hear some news and perhaps investigate it thus actually prompting and starting the storyline fresh but not forced? Kinda weird to me, that start and perhaps even weirder with the mod, albeit as far as I can tell, it generally by default just follows the default storyline but just with less benefits like no monthly income from the Academy unlike the standard game. I hope i made that clear enough to at  the very least be understood.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 10:22:41 PM by Johnson Shaw »

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: August 10, 2022, 04:20:34 AM »

>Does Nexerelin allow the conquering/building of orbital stations?
Yes/no except for supply stations.

This allows you to build stations:
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17094.0

Is there no option to start the tutorial with the vanilla core world?
E: "Vanilla" more like non random core world plus Mod content/factions...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 04:25:00 AM by Dadada »

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: August 10, 2022, 07:36:53 AM »

Is there no option to start the tutorial with the vanilla core world?
E: "Vanilla" more like non random core world plus Mod content/factions...

if i'm understanding you correctly, you're looking for the vanilla tutorial start? in nexerlin thats available in the 'custom start' options, you may have to toggle to the next page to find the custom start option
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 399