Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 398

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3041965 times)

Lotoran

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.5 "Sierra Nevada" (update 2022-07-17)
« Reply #4770 on: July 20, 2022, 06:42:19 PM »

Hulls and weapons outside the base package are only usable if the player faction has Heavy Industry (or Orbital Works, or one of the mod buildings that provide similar functionality), and the doctrine configuration screen has a prompt over this. Are you having the issue even with heavy industry?

Damn, that's it. My mistake. Thank you for your help!

Turns out reading is important!

S

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: July 20, 2022, 11:49:55 PM »

Hi first thanks for all your efforts and works put into the modding scene !

Second i was wondering is it really your mod that  add the "rebellion" dynamic ? Cause i encountered a crash when an intel pop up came giving me two choices for the rebellion so just by curiosity and to check each choice i  was going to click on  "send a repression fleet" or something like that but then the game instantaneously crashed :c !

Ho also maybe not related to your mod either kinda is when i started my modded game first i had "custom scenario"  3 in fact but then for some reason they won't appear anymore if i start other games is it normal to have this kinda of incompatibility ?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 11:58:20 PM by S »

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: July 21, 2022, 03:25:16 AM »

New mechanic with pledging your agriworld to the Church looks really great and something vanilla game really lacks to make the Church standout more (and also look a little bit more appealing as potential ally). But could you, please, better explain how it works?

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: July 21, 2022, 02:47:04 PM »

@Farya: You don't happen to mean this:
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17103.msg370418#msg370418
?
Gambare. Now I need not only WhichShip but something similar for other features as well it seems.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4775 on: July 21, 2022, 06:19:41 PM »

I saw in the recent patch notes:

" Old-style vengeance fleets now the default again; halve vengeance point generation if new-style fleets are in use"

What are the old-style fleets? I don't think I ever encountered them, and I'm curious how you can enable old vs. new. A bit confused how new-style fleets can be in use if old-style are now the default as well.

Thanks!
I added these comments to the config for next version:
   # old vengeance fleets have the intel item, spawn at a location, then chase you around the map
   # new vengeance fleets just appear outside a system and try to catch you, like some vanilla encounters

Second i was wondering is it really your mod that  add the "rebellion" dynamic ? Cause i encountered a crash when an intel pop up came giving me two choices for the rebellion so just by curiosity and to check each choice i  was going to click on  "send a repression fleet" or something like that but then the game instantaneously crashed :c !

Ho also maybe not related to your mod either kinda is when i started my modded game first i had "custom scenario"  3 in fact but then for some reason they won't appear anymore if i start other games is it normal to have this kinda of incompatibility ?
Hi!

The rebellion mechanic is indeed Nex. But the buttons in the rebellion intel are debug commands that only appear in devmode, so well, now you know not to press them, I guess. (I wouldn't recommend playing a 'proper game' with devmode on anyway)

The custom scenario menu (although there's only one such scenario currently) and custom start menus should still be there regardless of mods, can you send a screenshot?
(My first suspicion is they're being pushed off the screen due to there being too many dialog options on a low resolution)

MrTwister

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: July 22, 2022, 10:49:16 PM »

I saw in the recent patch notes:

" Old-style vengeance fleets now the default again; halve vengeance point generation if new-style fleets are in use"

What are the old-style fleets? I don't think I ever encountered them, and I'm curious how you can enable old vs. new. A bit confused how new-style fleets can be in use if old-style are now the default as well.

Thanks!
I added these comments to the config for next version:
   # old vengeance fleets have the intel item, spawn at a location, then chase you around the map
   # new vengeance fleets just appear outside a system and try to catch you, like some vanilla encounters

Hi!

The rebellion mechanic is indeed Nex. But the buttons in the rebellion intel are debug commands that only appear in devmode, so well, now you know not to press them, I guess. (I wouldn't recommend playing a 'proper game' with devmode on anyway)

The custom scenario menu (although there's only one such scenario currently) and custom start menus should still be there regardless of mods, can you send a screenshot?
(My first suspicion is they're being pushed off the screen due to there being too many dialog options on a low resolution)

Just some feedback - "new" vengeance encounters feel lame and cheap - it is visible how they are always spawning in half a screen away in hyper in your face, whole thing feels very artificial and cheap.

Old style vengeance fleets had to be launched from the markets and were actively searching for you - much better. Suggest developing old style vengeance fleets instead. It would be even better if they didn't come free for the offended faction and some kind of industry capacity and available resources check was implemented. Also, player doesn't necessarily need to be warned about being hunted (old style fleets), out of the blue is more interesting. Good job on the mod.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 11:03:18 PM by MrTwister »

Mytre

• Ensign
  • So i see you read this
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: July 23, 2022, 06:34:12 PM »

Anyone here knows why the "Starting Faction Bonuses" screen lags too much? i have like 1 frame per 10 seconds and it makes it impossible to select the 100 points I want for faction starting bonuses.  I do have all the mods (125 mods installed) but wanted to know if someone had this lag issue before :)

Serben

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: July 24, 2022, 07:27:25 AM »

hi, could i make a feature suggestion? would it be possible to remove the cap on the number if ships you can place in the custom production queue? right now you can only queue 2 capital ships at a time, regardless of how much money or production capacity you have. it would be really awesome if this limit could be removed. thanks, and keep up the great work!

Martenzo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: July 28, 2022, 12:40:15 PM »

Not sure if this has come up before, but I've got a feature request that seems very straightforward to me: if I'm commissioned by a faction, I should be able to take control of Stable Location objects (Comm Relays, Nav Relays and Sensor Arrays) on behalf of the faction I'm commissioned to. It feels really strange that after helping a faction kick pirates out of a system, I literally can't help them take over the system infrastructure and have to leave that stuff in the hands of hostile power for months until their own patrols finally bother to get around to it, because they'll never capture (or benefit) from those if my friendly faction takes control of them.

It seems such a natural feature for Nexerelin that I can't help but wonder if there's a fundamental limitation preventing this (especially since I've not seen any other mod that enables this either).

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: July 28, 2022, 12:43:00 PM »

Not sure if this has come up before, but I've got a feature request that seems very straightforward to me: if I'm commissioned by a faction, I should be able to take control of Stable Location objects (Comm Relays, Nav Relays and Sensor Arrays) on behalf of the faction I'm commissioned to. It feels really strange that after helping a faction kick pirates out of a system, I literally can't help them take over the system infrastructure and have to leave that stuff in the hands of hostile power for months until their own patrols finally bother to get around to it, because they'll never capture (or benefit) from those if my friendly faction takes control of them.

It seems such a natural feature for Nexerelin that I can't help but wonder if there's a fundamental limitation preventing this (especially since I've not seen any other mod that enables this either).
Commissioning faction actually already benefits from your stable structures as if they were their own even of these are technically yours.

Martenzo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: July 28, 2022, 10:09:45 PM »

Commissioning faction actually already benefits from your stable structures as if they were their own even of these are technically yours.
They do? Well, that's good to know. Didn't realise that was the case, because when I checked with Comm Relays, they didn't seem to get the Stability buff on the freshly conquered Market. I guess it just didn't update until the end of the month.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: July 28, 2022, 10:21:54 PM »

Comm relay information is not really reliable even for your own colonies if you check them out remotely sometimes. And commissioning faction benefit was added relatively recently.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: July 29, 2022, 01:46:06 PM »

Is it at all possible to influence/define/modify the planet generation at the start of an Own Faction Start before the Picker appears? I'm tired of getting Acid planets and 250% risk planets lol. I'm fine modifying a config file or something if that's an option

Sorry if this has been addressed and I missed it, I gave up after searching back through February lol

Giokins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: July 30, 2022, 07:07:12 PM »

Recently updated a few mods and began a new playthrough, but after a short time I get this error:
https://puu.sh/JdOKE/556ee96d5e.png

I updated Nexerelin, but I then get this error while attempting to load my save:
https://puu.sh/JdOLg/f73ffa6f80.png

I'm updating from 0.10.2c to 0.10.5, any way to get my old save working? I don't get the error while playing through a NEW playthrough, but I found a juicy water world and lots of blueprints that I'd very much like to keep. I can provide log details if need be.
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 398