Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013634 times)

qinta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4d "Dissonance" (fixes 2022-04-09)
« Reply #4740 on: July 08, 2022, 03:35:20 PM »

how do relations of alliance members work? In my playthrough, the declare war alliance diplomatic event has happened, and both factions vote yes, but only one faction ends up being hostile to the defending faction. Also, when two factions join together, they don't carry over their wars to the other alliance member, so if I as a player am commissioned in a faction that is part of an alliance, and I am by an allied planet/station that is being attacked, but my faction is not at war with the attacking faction, I can not defend the allied base without damaging my relation with my commissioned faction for attacking a "neutral" fleet.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4741 on: July 08, 2022, 08:12:19 PM »

Beta for next version. There's a couple of changes I wanted to do but got lazy (minimum raid strength to inflict unrest, and one other thing I forgot), maybe next version.

Download
Changelog

how do relations of alliance members work? In my playthrough, the declare war alliance diplomatic event has happened, and both factions vote yes, but only one faction ends up being hostile to the defending faction.
Mostly alliance relations (with factions outside the alliance) just work through the vote system: if war/peace state of one member changes, the alliance votes on whether everyone should do the same.

If both members vote yes on war but only one is hostile afterwards, the possibilities that come to mind are:
- One member has minimum relationship above -50 with the enemy, so it doesn't become hostile (but it should have automatically voted no in that case, so that sounds like a bug)
- Some other mod is resetting relationships between the affected factions following the vote

If #2 is the case, it's starting to be frequent enough that I'd like to get a repro case and track it down.

Also, when two factions join together, they don't carry over their wars to the other alliance member, so if I as a player am commissioned in a faction that is part of an alliance, and I am by an allied planet/station that is being attacked, but my faction is not at war with the attacking faction, I can not defend the allied base without damaging my relation with my commissioned faction for attacking a "neutral" fleet.
The "don't join pre-existing wars" is just kinda how it works and I think it makes sense, although the case you describe indeed sounds annoying. Although, which mod has reputation penalties for attacking a neutral party?

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: July 08, 2022, 08:36:53 PM »

I saw funny war states happening because hegemony inspection.

My alliance was at peace with hegemony alliance.

Hegemony declares inspection that gets resisted.

this triggers a sequence of war and peace between both alliances, and relations go all over the place.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: July 09, 2022, 10:44:26 AM »

Testing "ruler" mode:

So far things I noticed:
1. when you found a colony you create your own faction automatically, you have to give the colony back to the comissioner to fix it.
2. colonies don't show on the colonies screen, so you can't administrate them remotely, and most interestingly, they don't count against administrator limits in any form, in fact it feels op, you can administrate infinite colonies and get +1 stability from management bonus, also you have no limits on administrators.
3. you can purchase governorship of colonies you already "own", feels silly, maybe this option shouldn't show up at all in ruler mode.
4. the colonies get a market even without commerce industry, this can be OP, but at same time might be useful. But you don't get access to "resources" screen. (since to me that screen is useless, I never found what it is actually useful for, I prefer it  this way, w ould want even if vanilla did this).

good things that I noticed:
1. you are default administrator of that faction colonies, as expected.
2. you can form factions :) this is biggest feature I wanted out of this actually, I believed it was impossible, found out with this feature it is possible, this is awesome. would use this even if just a workaround: enable feature, form faction, disable feature again.
3. IFF seemly works correctly.
4. faction diplomacy seemly works correctly too, other factions wanting peace for example show to you the peace screen correctly.

EDIT:
maybe governorship is necessary after all... got zero income from colonies.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 12:42:21 PM by speeder »

JKL Blacksun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: July 09, 2022, 10:45:26 AM »

"Can turn in AI cores to Remnant contact"

thank you so much for this !!!  :)

qinta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: July 09, 2022, 12:16:58 PM »

The "don't join pre-existing wars" is just kinda how it works and I think it makes sense, although the case you describe indeed sounds annoying. Although, which mod has reputation penalties for attacking a neutral party?

So, when I first got the game, I remember attacking an independent fleet when I was commissioned into the persean league, and my rep with the persean league dropping. I assumed this would happen every time after that, and so never tried it until I got into the situation I described at the end of my previous comment, and the popup happened for attacking a neutral party, I didn't end up attacking since I thought I would lose rep with my faction. I did a new game and did the same thing, and no change with my commission happened, so I  assume either this was changed from a previous version of StarSector, or my brain completely made up the situation, and I have been behaving in game on a false memory...

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: July 09, 2022, 06:05:43 PM »

Does nex_expeditionDelayPerExistingColony in /nexerelin/data/config/settings.json apply seperately to each faction? I.e., does it make the faction that controls more colonies take longer before launching expeditions? Or does it make all factions take equally longer by the total number of colonies? If it is the latter, I think that a variable that allows us to slow down the winner would be interesting!

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: July 10, 2022, 11:51:24 AM »

I invited "MaybeGoogle" faction from eveyrone loves KoC to my alliance.

Right after I undocked I got this error:

12935019 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.VictoryScoreboardIntel.generateRankings(VictoryScoreboardIntel.java:340)
   at exerelin.campaign.SectorManager.checkForVictory(SectorManager.java:962)
   at exerelin.campaign.SectorManager.checkForVictory(SectorManager.java:1008)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.adjustRelations(DiplomacyManager.java:449)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.adjustRelations(DiplomacyManager.java:360)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.adjustRelations(DiplomacyManager.java:460)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.doDiplomacyEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:472)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.createDiplomacyEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:661)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.createDiplomacyEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:612)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.createDiplomacyEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:709)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.advance(DiplomacyManager.java:983)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4748 on: July 10, 2022, 06:45:45 PM »

@speeder: Keep in mind that current ruler implementation doesn't give the player direct ownership over the faction, since even a partial revenue stream from (say) the Hegemony would immediately make the player very rich indeed with no investment. This was back when faction rulership was meant as a random fun thing for use with existing factions ("I'm the High Hegemon now"); for a faction created from scratch (e.g. more like the regular player faction) the considerations are different and I'll need to change some parts.

In a later version I might have ruled-faction colonies treated like player autonomous colonies; e.g. get 20% of their revenue, they don't count towards player admin limit; and you can configure them remotely through the special menu. Then the player could have a bunch of personally owned colonies (through colony founding, governorship, or taking invasion targets for self) on top of that.

So, when I first got the game, I remember attacking an independent fleet when I was commissioned into the persean league, and my rep with the persean league dropping. I assumed this would happen every time after that, and so never tried it until I got into the situation I described at the end of my previous comment, and the popup happened for attacking a neutral party, I didn't end up attacking since I thought I would lose rep with my faction. I did a new game and did the same thing, and no change with my commission happened, so I  assume either this was changed from a previous version of StarSector, or my brain completely made up the situation, and I have been behaving in game on a false memory...
Ah, this was long ago? Yeah, in Nex there used to be a 'warmonger penalty' with your commissioning faction for starting new hostilities with other factions. I can't remember how long it's been since I removed that though...
(since it was impractical to determine each possible case of whether the player's violence was provoked by the other party)

Does nex_expeditionDelayPerExistingColony in /nexerelin/data/config/settings.json apply seperately to each faction? I.e., does it make the faction that controls more colonies take longer before launching expeditions? Or does it make all factions take equally longer by the total number of colonies? If it is the latter, I think that a variable that allows us to slow down the winner would be interesting!
It applies to all factions. I could make a separate "prefer factions that don't already have new colonies" mechanic.

I invited "MaybeGoogle" faction from eveyrone loves KoC to my alliance.

Right after I undocked I got this error:
Yeah, beta currently crashes if an alliance member has no invadable markets. Fix .jar

Kat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: July 13, 2022, 04:26:47 AM »

I'm curious about the factions expanding colonies...

Will they only expand if there are surveyed uncolonised worlds ? Do they only expand to surveyed worlds ?

One of the things I wanted to do, was to eventually restore to habitation all the worlds that had remnant populations on them, as you find several uncharted worlds with scattered surviving populations, it'd be nice to allow them to rejoin stellar civilisation.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4750 on: July 14, 2022, 02:06:36 AM »

I'm curious about the factions expanding colonies...

Will they only expand if there are surveyed uncolonised worlds ? Do they only expand to surveyed worlds ?

One of the things I wanted to do, was to eventually restore to habitation all the worlds that had remnant populations on them, as you find several uncharted worlds with scattered surviving populations, it'd be nice to allow them to rejoin stellar civilisation.
NPC colony expeditions don't check for whether the player has surveyed the planets involved, no.

They also won't go to star systems with a hostile station (or sufficiently strong hostile fleets) in them, including pirates and Remnants. Clear out the station first.
Although even then they may not pick that particular star system for a long time, so if you wanna restore those lost worlds, probably best to do it yourself (you can give the colonies autonomy or transfer them to independents, if you can't administer them yourself).

Incidentally, have you encountered the variant of the decivilized planet encounter where you can give the locals some supplies to help them connect to the stars again? I think the encounter is one of my mod's cooler features, but this form in particular is pretty warm-fuzzy-feeling :) even when you're evil and do it while there's still an active Remnant nexus in the system

MadCow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: July 14, 2022, 01:33:30 PM »

Hello everyone, new poster here.  Quick question, does anyone know how to stop those random events that cause faction changes?

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: July 14, 2022, 01:57:02 PM »

Since it's the whole point of that mod... well... Maybe just not using Nex would solve the issue?

MadCow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: July 14, 2022, 02:15:07 PM »

Lol, that is one of the things in the mod, but the faction changes are like 15 points, that is just unrealistic.  When a film star cheats with a costar of another faction and the relationship changes 15 points.  That is just 2 much. If it were 1 or 2 it would be ok.  Hell if I could change it to 1 or 2 it would be good.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 03:16:06 PM by MadCow »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4754 on: July 14, 2022, 07:47:19 PM »

If it were 1 or 2 I might as well remove the event and not have it clutter the UI. (This was indeed a problem with the very first versions of Nex, too-frequent too-small events)

Anyway you can change overall event frequency, and all specific events, by editing Nexerelin/data/config/exerelin/diplomacyConfig.json.
Doesn't look like there's a switch to turn off random events completely. Although the concept will be changed dramatically anyway when I ever get around to the mythical diplomacy/general 4x layer revamp.
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 396