Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3012965 times)

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4d "Dissonance" (fixes 2022-04-09)
« Reply #4680 on: June 04, 2022, 09:30:32 PM »

But taking away hours of gameplay with a couple of dice rolls is really unfair

What does that even mean. Stated victories are just a milestone thing that indicates that a faction/alliance reached a certain goal, it doesn't stop your campaign in any way.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: June 05, 2022, 07:50:06 AM »

What does that even mean. Stated victories are just a milestone thing that indicates that a faction/alliance reached a certain goal, it doesn't stop your campaign in any way.

I don't think I can explain my problem if you don't already understand it.

Yes, the victory screen is a milestone, however, players usually like when milestones are awarded based on their actions, not based on some events they have no real chance to alter or influence. So if I "lose" I want to "lose", because I made dumb decisions and not because I couldn't prevent the formation of an alliance in the first few years of the game.

Similarly joining this alliance and winning the game would feel cheap...

All I want (and I'm sure most players share this view), is that this victory condition should be triggered by some course of events I have a realistic chance to influence.

So in essence, I know I can continue playing, I stated that earlier. But there is a feeling associated with this victory event, and currently, the way it works diminishes my gameplay experience. If you play SS, you often invest a lot of time into a playthrough, so milestones shouldn't depend on random political events.

Fortunately, Histidine seems to be aware of the problem, and he clearly understood my complaint, so I'm very optimistic about it.

Kragh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: June 05, 2022, 12:09:17 PM »

I had that problem with randomly winning or losing when exploring. The best way to fix that is to add more factions.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4b "Dissonance" (hotfix 2022-01-30)
« Reply #4683 on: June 05, 2022, 06:27:56 PM »

2241317 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.world.Arc_WorldGen.generateDerelicts(Arc_WorldGen.java:32)
   at data.scripts.Arc_ModPlugin.onNewGameAfterProcGen(Arc_ModPlugin.java:12)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

im not really sure if this is caused by Nexerelin or a compatability issue with one or another mod, as i have a lot enabled, but it crashes every time i try to start with the derelict empire scenario

about `ARC` , `Argent Revanchist Contingency` crash with `Nexerelin` random start
 just simple disable the 2 lines ... where it adds two derelicts into star-system `"duzahk1"`
or even better ... in the `Arc_WorldGen.java` just  add IF to check if that planet exists ...

Code
		if (akaMainyu != null) {
addDerelict(akaMainyu.getStarSystem(), akaMainyu, "arc_tiferet_prototype", ShipRecoverySpecial.ShipCondition.AVERAGE, 100f + 200f * (float)Math.random(), true);
addDerelict(akaMainyu.getStarSystem(), akaMainyu, "arc_daat_prototype", ShipRecoverySpecial.ShipCondition.AVERAGE, 100f + 200f * (float)Math.random(), true);
}
voila, no more crashing `ARC` with random Nexerelin

Pilots Mask

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: June 05, 2022, 06:40:59 PM »

ive noticed it talked about a bit a few months ago in these forums, but will changing the characters factions alignment be added soon? factions right now really are only affected by whether or not you use AI cores and nothing else bar active violence or alliance actions

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4685 on: June 06, 2022, 07:32:33 AM »

I was only going to add it as part of the player faction config feature (to be implemented at some undefined point in the future), but for now maybe I'll just add a diplomacy profile intel item for player faction and toss the alignment setting there.

Bandw2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: June 11, 2022, 11:50:54 AM »

are there config settings anywhere for ability costs during ground battles? I prefer much longer invasions but I noticed that units take much higher morale damage compared to the damage they take. I have set ground battle damage mult to 0.1, but battles now due to the aforementioned morale issue require a huge amount of resource investiture to pull off.

maybe either morale isn't affected by the damage multiplier or it's placed in the wrong place and other multipliers can overcome it, or if I could change how much the abilities cost, I could get through battles without needing 5 times the enemy strength and hundreds of supplies for ECM or fuel for fire support.

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: June 11, 2022, 12:36:31 PM »

Hi Histidine!

Do you have any idea when the next Nexerelin version will come out?

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: June 12, 2022, 07:45:09 PM »

I like the mod.  My biggest problem has been it broadens the gameplay so much I start doing less-than-optimal things because it looks fun.

My second biggest problem has been intense slowdown after extended play of the game.  It seems to happen mostly after playing around a lot of moving fleets.  There is a modest slowdown in generalm play, but saving can take four times as long as usual, and entering a new system can extend up to a minute of just frozen game.

It seems to happen particularly after playing with lots of moving fleets.  I'd almost think it has more to do with determining faction rank than any graphical issue, as it often happens after pursuing a fleet over several engagements.

SurplusDOS

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: June 12, 2022, 08:41:51 PM »

I like the mod.  My biggest problem has been it broadens the gameplay so much I start doing less-than-optimal things because it looks fun.

My second biggest problem has been intense slowdown after extended play of the game.  It seems to happen mostly after playing around a lot of moving fleets.  There is a modest slowdown in generalm play, but saving can take four times as long as usual, and entering a new system can extend up to a minute of just frozen game.

It seems to happen particularly after playing with lots of moving fleets.  I'd almost think it has more to do with determining faction rank than any graphical issue, as it often happens after pursuing a fleet over several engagements.
How many factions do you have installed? I run with about 6 (excluding vanilla) and while there are slowdowns, it's not to the extent you've described.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4690 on: June 13, 2022, 03:03:12 AM »

Hi Histidine!

Do you have any idea when the next Nexerelin version will come out?
I have one feature I want to finish up before playtesting, but I may decide to go have another video game binge instead. Either way, I don't expect a release until next month at least.

How many factions do you have installed? I run with about 6 (excluding vanilla) and while there are slowdowns, it's not to the extent you've described.
Also worth trying the Java 8 update explained here.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: June 13, 2022, 06:40:27 AM »

Histidine any reason why there are no AI-related alignment?

As a way to ensure ai-loving and ai-hating factions don't end in same alliance.

For example Imperium and Hegemony are both militaristic and mostly similar, but they should NOT be in same faction under any circunstance.

FriendlyMerchant

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: June 13, 2022, 11:47:03 AM »

Is there any reason why remnant raids have to have a dozen large fleets that invade my newly established system? It's just not a fair setup.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4693 on: June 13, 2022, 10:08:03 PM »

Histidine any reason why there are no AI-related alignment?

As a way to ensure ai-loving and ai-hating factions don't end in same alliance.

For example Imperium and Hegemony are both militaristic and mostly similar, but they should NOT be in same faction under any circunstance.
There are already 'likes/hates AI' traits (they won't come into play if the other faction doesn't use any AI cores, but I'd argue this is kinda the correct behavior). The Imperium/Hegemony case specifically already has its own handling with maximum relations capped at -40, unless the player is using random/flattened faction relationships.

Is there any reason why remnant raids have to have a dozen large fleets that invade my newly established system? It's just not a fair setup.
Nex's Remnant raid targeting is just RNG, but (unless there's a bug in this code I haven't noticed) they won't target a size 3 player colony, except when it gets caught up by being in the same system as a valid target. This protection is removed on Starfarer mode.
(Also I've never seen a 12 fleet Remnant raid on default settings, seems to peak at 5)

I don't know if any other mod adds Remnant raids, but if one does that may be what's happening here.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: June 14, 2022, 12:53:31 PM »

But are the traits respected when deciding alliances? It feels like certain trait combos should automatically disable certain alliances.

Suppose a very persistant player or a unlikely chain of events cause hegemony to get a lot of opinion bonus toward imperium, right now they can still ally.

Although in a way this makes sense, you sometimes see enemies alliying with other out of need temporarily, only to go happily killing each other again after the threat is gone.
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 396