Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 398

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3039346 times)

Brandon0sh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4d "Dissonance" (fixes 2022-04-09)
« Reply #4650 on: May 20, 2022, 11:42:40 AM »

is there a setting for how long a defense fleet stays in system? i'm not finding it

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4651 on: May 21, 2022, 07:36:07 PM »

Any chance we could get a "spawncolonyexpedition <faction> <optional target>" command? :)

for seeding modded factions that I added mid game because I'm dumb
I might add one someday, maybe?. Closest thing is the debug runcode:
Code: java
runcode exerelin.campaign.intel.colony.ColonyExpeditionIntel.debug("jangala")
"jangala" being the origin market ID, and the expedition is sent to the planet the player is currently docked with.

Just a quick question, how and/or where do I get operatives and what types are there?
Operatives are currently only available as an infrequent bar event. The three types are Negotiator, Saboteur and Hybrid; the actions each type can do is displayed in the intel item or bar encounter for an agent of that particular type.

is there a setting for how long a defense fleet stays in system? i'm not finding it
It's currently hardcoded (150 days).

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: May 23, 2022, 10:56:22 PM »

Uh, are there suppose to be a huge number of pirate armadas hanging out around a random lv 1 pirate base?  I just jumped into the system and faced this battle:

Took me 4 rounds of combat, but I got em!  For eight ships of mine taken out.  Mostly I just won off of wearing down their CR and scoring the usual easy kills on pirate ships.

This was two of those fleets, plus a bounty I'd gone to the system for.  In addition to the normal patrols for a pirate base of this size, there's at least two more large pirate armada fleets left in the system.  I don't think I'm running any other mods that might cause this, they're mostly ship and utility mods plus Talan's Legio.

EDIT: Oh, the other armada fleet has 7 Atlas mk2 in it.  And it's definitely a lv 1 pirate base.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 11:07:19 PM by Twilight Sentinel »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4653 on: May 24, 2022, 03:44:56 AM »

I've seen large pirate fleets around bases when a raid was about to leave (or had just come back). But that seems like an oddly large raid for a non-max-level base.

If there wasn't a raid, then huh, I'm sure Nex doesn't anything that would super-size pirate (or any other) patrols... (Could dock with the base and see if something is inflating its fleet size mult)

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: May 24, 2022, 09:52:08 AM »

I've seen large pirate fleets around bases when a raid was about to leave (or had just come back). But that seems like an oddly large raid for a non-max-level base.

If there wasn't a raid, then huh, I'm sure Nex doesn't anything that would super-size pirate (or any other) patrols... (Could dock with the base and see if something is inflating its fleet size mult)
There's no raid going on, but one of the fleets was called 'pirate raiders', the rest were 'pirate armada'.  All these fleets are unusually low d-mod for pirates too.  You can see the ships from the bounty I was after and the normal patrols in that fight have the normal d-mods too.  There's 13 lv 6 officers in the larger fleet too.  The pirate base's fleet rating is 105% with 0% quality.

EDIT: The base was super easy to pop too for the bounty, once I'd finally gotten through these abnormal pirate fleets.  I did earn like 3 level ups over the course of clearing those fleets out and at least half a million credits in special bounties.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 10:02:25 AM by Twilight Sentinel »

JKL Blacksun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: May 24, 2022, 10:29:10 PM »

hi,

please add the option to sell ai cores to Midnight Dissonant to improve relations with the remnants.

best regards,

jkl

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: May 27, 2022, 01:07:54 AM »

hey, got a question about the 'doritodust' you can sometimes encounter after finding a hypershunt, do i have to just find the hypershunt, or do i have to interact with it to get them to spawn? i always love encountering those little bits of danger dust as its a wonderful way to get my hands on their weapons without waiting until the end of the game where i can just throw a half dozen paragons at the problem

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4657 on: May 27, 2022, 07:39:44 PM »

hi,

please add the option to sell ai cores to Midnight Dissonant to improve relations with the remnants.
Hmm, maybe. I thought it'd be a bit odd if Midnight sells you AI cores but you could also return them for rep.

hey, got a question about the 'doritodust' you can sometimes encounter after finding a hypershunt, do i have to just find the hypershunt, or do i have to interact with it to get them to spawn? i always love encountering those little bits of danger dust as its a wonderful way to get my hands on their weapons without waiting until the end of the game where i can just throw a half dozen paragons at the problem
:thumbs up:
They appear when you discover the shunt (with the notification and XP gain), you don't need to interact with it.

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: May 28, 2022, 11:19:40 AM »

hi,

Hmm, maybe. I thought it'd be a bit odd if Midnight sells you AI cores but you could also return them for rep.

What if it also costs rep to buy them?  Either so that turning a core you buy back in is net neutral or negative for rep?

JKL Blacksun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: May 28, 2022, 01:54:49 PM »

i only meant to sell / donate cores TO Midnight Dissonant as an act of liberation of her kind.

Robin Shaw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: May 28, 2022, 03:04:45 PM »

hi, ive got a pretty simple question for you guys. if i disable a faction when starting a new game,

will the factions' ships still show up in the game?
 if yes, do they get spread out evenly or do specific other factions get them?
 do the bluprints for the ships get sold anywhere?

liking the mod a lot, despite a lot of uncertainties about how things ultimately work :)

wvmmhxkh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: May 29, 2022, 09:37:42 PM »

Histidine, could you add something like
Code
    @Override
public static int applyRaidStabiltyPenalty(MarketAPI target, java.lang.String desc, float re, float maxPenalty) {
if(!(Math.pow(10, market.getSize()) <= marineTokens * 20)) {
return applyRaidStabiltyPenalty(target, desc, re, maxPenalty);
}

return 0;
}
}

into Nex_MarketCMD ?

My rationale for this being that right now you can decivilize a world with billions of people by raiding it a few times. This doesn't seem correct or logical. In fact, i thought about this when i wanted to raid meridian station, after deciving a few small pirates, and realized it has millions of people.

Now, i really began to doubt that my 500 marines could devastate what is essentially a small nation by raiding its fancy shoes warehouse. But, i also don't want to remove destabilization through raids completely. So you can see the solution i arrived at - if you have at least 1/100th the targeted population in marine numbers then you can actually destabilize the market. Otherwise, there's just not enough guys to make an impact. As in one regiment can easily devastate a small city. But if you have an entire populated planet then they're just not gonna have enough of an impact. So in order to deciv them you'd have to get more involved - for example repeatedly destroy their food and domestic goods stocks so that they're starving to death and civilization actually collapses.

Gameplay-wise this seems really necessary right now because deciving is way way too simple to achieve in the core, just raid anything 4 or 5 times. But you can still destroy annoying npc colonies(and they can wreck your colonies) if there's enough marines.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 09:40:11 PM by wvmmhxkh »

Mikomikomiko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Kitbash album. Not a modder, just a bote maker :P
« Reply #4662 on: May 29, 2022, 11:35:34 PM »

i only meant to sell / donate cores TO Midnight Dissonant as an act of liberation of her kind.

I would like to second this request. Makes sense from a fluff stand point too given her initial quest for the player

It doesn't have to be a lot, maybe similar to how we gain rep pts when we turn over cores to planet npcs?

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: May 30, 2022, 05:43:05 AM »

Hi Histidine!

A couple of days ago I had some thoughts about the endgame. I define the endgame as the phase when you conquer and wage war on your enemies. So I reached the conclusion that in the endgame phase the vengeance fleets/ambush fleets are very detrimental to the user experience.  I know I can beat them but they keep coming and I have to fight the same battles again and again and again. They are not challenging, they are just boring and repetitive.

On the other hand, I believe the attrition that comes from fighting them might be a useful feature. So I'm not exactly against these fleets. I just don't want to fight the battles myself.

So is there a way to automate this process? Like with an auto-resolve? I know that this auto-resolve exists, but could you make it so, that the threshold for using them against vengeance/ambush fleets is a lot lower?

Thanks for your answer in advance.
We love your mod.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4664 on: May 30, 2022, 06:51:08 PM »

Histidine, could you add something like
Code
    @Override
public static int applyRaidStabiltyPenalty(MarketAPI target, java.lang.String desc, float re, float maxPenalty) {
if(!(Math.pow(10, market.getSize()) <= marineTokens * 20)) {
return applyRaidStabiltyPenalty(target, desc, re, maxPenalty);
}

return 0;
}
}

into Nex_MarketCMD ?
That doesn't quite work, since the marine tokens (they're the icons you assign to different objectives during raids) don't directly represent how many marines you actually have or used. There is a way to convert the token count to number of marines, although this might have weird effects here since it works off the defender strength rather than number of marines in player cargo (i.e. past a point bringing more marines won't affect the calculation).

EDIT: Well, if I wanted to make things maximally simple, I can just count the XP-modified marines in player cargo, since it's just a threshold check to see whether we can do any stability damage at all...

I'll think about whether I can implement something similar, or if it'd be better to do some other cap/diminishing returns to destabilization from raiding. I do like the idea of tying it to market size.

(Note that the vanilla stability penalty already works off absolute number of marine tokens deployed, but this doesn't make larger markets significantly harder to destabilize compared to small ones, presumably because of the thing described below)

One other thing I'll have to consider
Market defenses (the main player-facing number used for raid-related calculations) scale linearly with size, but nominal population is 10^size. Working off this population figure would make even medium-sized markets impossible to destabilize without bringing an absurd amount of marines, but maybe using size directly is too easy on the other hand. Could be 2^size or such, I'll see when I get around to doing it.
[close]

Hi Histidine!

A couple of days ago I had some thoughts about the endgame. I define the endgame as the phase when you conquer and wage war on your enemies. So I reached the conclusion that in the endgame phase the vengeance fleets/ambush fleets are very detrimental to the user experience.  I know I can beat them but they keep coming and I have to fight the same battles again and again and again. They are not challenging, they are just boring and repetitive.

On the other hand, I believe the attrition that comes from fighting them might be a useful feature. So I'm not exactly against these fleets. I just don't want to fight the battles myself.

So is there a way to automate this process? Like with an auto-resolve? I know that this auto-resolve exists, but could you make it so, that the threshold for using them against vengeance/ambush fleets is a lot lower?

Thanks for your answer in advance.
We love your mod.
I dislike the autoresolve idea, for a bunch of reasons:
- If I'm going to have a big encounter just for it to then be autoresolved away, may as well remove the encounter to begin with and impose some other cost on the player
- If it's the pursuit-style autoresolve where player can't lose ships, that comes across as kinda nonsensical, especially if it's only for this encounter type
- If there's any real chance of losing ships, players will never use it

It'd probably be better to just modify the frequency directly; the new ambush-style vengeance fleets shouldn't spawn as frequently as the old pursuit-style fleets. (They're also already not going to be generated by dead factions, if that's been an issue)
I may also make the old vengeance fleets the default again.

Anyway, thanks for the praise :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 07:00:48 PM by Histidine »
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 398