Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013430 times)

JohnVicres

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4d "Dissonance" (fixes 2022-04-09)
« Reply #4635 on: May 13, 2022, 06:47:03 AM »

The console command to create alliances works fine, but the one to "break" an alliance (leavealliance) doesn't seem to work... And setrelation and adjustrelation don't do much either. Is there a console solution to breaking alliances?

qinta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: May 13, 2022, 07:23:16 PM »

Invasions seem heavily in favor of the defender, I am attempting to invade a planet, and am limited to 150 "movement points" to deploy marines. This allows the defender to put a big stack of 1000 marines in reaction to my tiny stacks of 240 marine each turn, allowing them to eliminate my deployed units each turn with minimal losses. its frustrating because I have more marines than the defenders, but am unable to use my numbers advantage. 'i think an easy fix would be to lower the movement point cost of deploying units, but maybe increase the losses that happen on deployment  into enemy held territory, as the attacking force tries to establish a landing ground.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: May 13, 2022, 07:47:41 PM »

The console command to create alliances works fine, but the one to "break" an alliance (leavealliance) doesn't seem to work... And setrelation and adjustrelation don't do much either. Is there a console solution to breaking alliances?

Uh, these commands work just fine for me (I use the relation ones often for campaign customization, and I often have to use leavealliance to get Rimward Venture to join the Greater Hege like they should instead of teaming up with Volkov ). Are you sure you are getting the syntax right?

Billhartnell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: May 14, 2022, 07:00:47 AM »

Do major factions ever attack independents? I just conquered Citadel Arcadia and gave it to the indies, could I repeat this process for all their planets and have half the sector at permanent peace with me or would the Hegemony press their revanchist claims?

zsunsun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: May 14, 2022, 09:33:32 PM »

Question on planet invasion.  I just invaded a planet and took over but ownership went to the commissioned faction instead of giving me an option like it used to.  Is there a no longer an option to take planet for myself while commissioned?  Do I have to be non-commissioned to be able to make my own planet?
I did buy governorship but looks like I will lose it when I leave commission.  Any thoughts?

JohnVicres

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: May 15, 2022, 01:04:37 AM »

Uh, these commands work just fine for me (I use the relation ones often for campaign customization, and I often have to use leavealliance to get Rimward Venture to join the Greater Hege like they should instead of teaming up with Volkov ). Are you sure you are getting the syntax right?

The relation commands work fine, I meant that they don't solve the not-leaving-alliance problem I have. Does the leavealliance command work instantly? If not, it's definitively not working for me, and/or I'm using it wrong.
The syntax that I "learned" from the console is
Code
leavealliance <faction name>
is there something else to it?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4641 on: May 15, 2022, 06:05:10 PM »

Invasions seem heavily in favor of the defender, I am attempting to invade a planet, and am limited to 150 "movement points" to deploy marines. This allows the defender to put a big stack of 1000 marines in reaction to my tiny stacks of 240 marine each turn, allowing them to eliminate my deployed units each turn with minimal losses. its frustrating because I have more marines than the defenders, but am unable to use my numbers advantage. 'i think an easy fix would be to lower the movement point cost of deploying units, but maybe increase the losses that happen on deployment  into enemy held territory, as the attacking force tries to establish a landing ground.
If you're short on movement points, disrupt any defenses first (Ground Defenses, Heavy Batteries, and Planetary Shield if it has one). Bringing more ground support ships (e.g. Valkyrie) also helps.
The movement point display has a tooltip showing what exactly influences it.

Question on planet invasion.  I just invaded a planet and took over but ownership went to the commissioned faction instead of giving me an option like it used to.  Is there a no longer an option to take planet for myself while commissioned?  Do I have to be non-commissioned to be able to make my own planet?
I did buy governorship but looks like I will lose it when I leave commission.  Any thoughts?
Open the ground battle invasion intel after the battle (within 7 days) and click the button to take over.

Do major factions ever attack independents? I just conquered Citadel Arcadia and gave it to the indies, could I repeat this process for all their planets and have half the sector at permanent peace with me or would the Hegemony press their revanchist claims?
Factions will only try to retake such planets if they're hostile to independents. Normally the only such faction that can also invade in the first place (that I know of, anyway) is Legio Infernalis.

The relation commands work fine, I meant that they don't solve the not-leaving-alliance problem I have. Does the leavealliance command work instantly? If not, it's definitively not working for me, and/or I'm using it wrong.
Code
That command should work. But note that it won't do anything if the alliance is set to 'permanent', a notable example of this being the Hegemony/Iron Shell alliance at start.
(Hmm, I'll make the console command ignore permanent state and break it up anyway)

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: May 15, 2022, 06:31:32 PM »

Code

I actually had to use this again this morning, and I realized something: it doesn't trigger a pop-up message. The event is still happening, but you'll need to go into the alliance list in the intel screen to verify it's happening.

Juroguy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: May 16, 2022, 08:29:21 PM »

Is there any possible way to stop my faction specifically from getting the random events that change relations?

All my buisness partners keep spontaneously hating me, this might of already been answered but i can't find it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 08:42:41 PM by Juroguy »

snopey1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: May 17, 2022, 01:13:50 AM »

Playing with a fair number of mods installed (24 active factions at start) and I am currently doing the Showdown quest. I gated over to the system it's meant to start out of and sat in a belt within sight and sensors of the station. Quest updates to "Defend" and I only see patrols around the station. I tried reloading (saved after getting into system for this reason) and waited again. nothing.

hm. okay I'll wait in hyper space, no Heg fleets come out of system after waiting 3 weeks. tried this twice in case I missed it.

okay. Console commands Reveal (I raised sensor strength limit to 200mil in my settings long ago) okay I can see everything in system. no heg fleets aside from patrols. big group of Roiders and Scy ships at war. lets wait. no new ships after "Defend" pops. I'm pretty lost now. go to Hyperspace and wait once more after revealing a lot of hyperspace and see no heg ships, wait for Defend and no heg ships spawn even after waiting 2 weeks.

I've seen no one else have issue of no fleets spawning when I look into google/this post, I don't want to use the runcode you provided to finish it instantly unless I have to.
I saw "put it into dev mode and add a file to Starsector > Saves > Common named nex_dev.data" but not sure how to get it to populate with system information about this quest. Or I'm not sure how to put Nex into dev mode.

Any help is appreciated, I'm off to bed for now, but will check once off work. Thank you!

Edit: I saw in a patch note that if I wait 45 days it'll auto complete and reward me. so I waited 45 days and got it a win. I'll make a copy of save if your interested.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 07:42:26 PM by snopey1 »

TheTangy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: May 17, 2022, 01:49:35 PM »

Is there any way to stop rebellions except for giving/selling supplies to station officials?

I have a bunch of marines stored on the planet I took over for my faction, can I use them somehow?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4646 on: May 17, 2022, 08:19:41 PM »

Is there any possible way to stop my faction specifically from getting the random events that change relations?

All my buisness partners keep spontaneously hating me, this might of already been answered but i can't find it.
followersDiplomacy in Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json

Is there any way to stop rebellions except for giving/selling supplies to station officials?

I have a bunch of marines stored on the planet I took over for my faction, can I use them somehow?
You can give (some of) your marines to the official; heavy armaments also work.
An indirect way to manage a rebellion is to raise local stability.

Playing with a fair number of mods installed (24 active factions at start) and I am currently doing the Showdown quest. I gated over to the system it's meant to start out of and sat in a belt within sight and sensors of the station. Quest updates to "Defend" and I only see patrols around the station. I tried reloading (saved after getting into system for this reason) and waited again. nothing.

hm. okay I'll wait in hyper space, no Heg fleets come out of system after waiting 3 weeks. tried this twice in case I missed it.

okay. Console commands Reveal (I raised sensor strength limit to 200mil in my settings long ago) okay I can see everything in system. no heg fleets aside from patrols. big group of Roiders and Scy ships at war. lets wait. no new ships after "Defend" pops. I'm pretty lost now. go to Hyperspace and wait once more after revealing a lot of hyperspace and see no heg ships, wait for Defend and no heg ships spawn even after waiting 2 weeks.

I've seen no one else have issue of no fleets spawning when I look into google/this post, I don't want to use the runcode you provided to finish it instantly unless I have to.
I saw "put it into dev mode and add a file to Starsector > Saves > Common named nex_dev.data" but not sure how to get it to populate with system information about this quest. Or I'm not sure how to put Nex into dev mode.

Any help is appreciated, I'm off to bed for now, but will check once off work. Thank you!

Edit: I saw in a patch note that if I wait 45 days it'll auto complete and reward me. so I waited 45 days and got it a win. I'll make a copy of save if your interested.
That sounds wacky indeed. If you do have a save (ideally just before/after starting the mission), that might let me debug it, thanks!

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: May 19, 2022, 01:03:14 AM »

I got a extreme frame dip when I looked at a ground battle result that ended in peace. The logs don't really say anything but apparently the battle took 153 turns so maybe that has to do with it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Brandon0sh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: May 19, 2022, 10:32:42 AM »

Any chance we could get a "spawncolonyexpedition <faction> <optional target>" command? :)

for seeding modded factions that I added mid game because I'm dumb

liam556

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: May 19, 2022, 08:03:54 PM »

Just a quick question, how and/or where do I get operatives and what types are there?
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 396