Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013654 times)

Brandon0sh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4d "Dissonance" (fixes 2022-04-09)
« Reply #4620 on: May 07, 2022, 01:24:01 AM »

Hi there!

For future versions of Nexerelin, can we have instead of a general "internal security mode" on operatives, the ability to assign operatives to certain systems? So we can set up like, patrol sectors for each operative? I think this would help fix the issue with operatives going to the same world if you set multiple to internal security mode.

Rhodan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: May 07, 2022, 09:42:42 AM »

Question regarding the Player Strike Group, i created one, gave it a Paragon and some misc. Cruisers, but immediately after closing the Dialog i got a Destruction Message on the lower left of the display, and it looks like the fleet never manifested since(i got one more destruction message a few days later, which got me stumped). At the same time i can't make a new one since there is "one" already in existience according to the game.
Is there some behavior i missunderstood or may sth be bugged? is there a way to search for fleets belonging to a faction ingame or in human-readable files in the save?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4622 on: May 07, 2022, 07:03:08 PM »

Question regarding the Player Strike Group, i created one, gave it a Paragon and some misc. Cruisers, but immediately after closing the Dialog i got a Destruction Message on the lower left of the display, and it looks like the fleet never manifested since(i got one more destruction message a few days later, which got me stumped). At the same time i can't make a new one since there is "one" already in existience according to the game.
Is there some behavior i missunderstood or may sth be bugged? is there a way to search for fleets belonging to a faction ingame or in human-readable files in the save?
The fleet instantly dying without spawning is definitely a bug. A really strange-sounding one too, I don't think anyone has reported it before.
Check your intel screen ('special forces' tab for the special task group); you should be able to disband it and try making a new one. If it's not there, or the spawning issue happens again, upload the save and I could try testing it (if there aren't too many mods used).

Hi there!

For future versions of Nexerelin, can we have instead of a general "internal security mode" on operatives, the ability to assign operatives to certain systems? So we can set up like, patrol sectors for each operative? I think this would help fix the issue with operatives going to the same world if you set multiple to internal security mode.
I could do that sometime, yeah. Would also help avoid traveling between widely scattered colonies.

Tubreva

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: May 08, 2022, 05:49:16 AM »

"## v0.10.4d ##
### Gameplay ###
* Commodity deficits reduce ground defense effectiveness during ground battle drops"

I am not quite agree with this change. In the real warfare, the ones who is going to attack need to try hard to secure traffic hinges, e.g. bridges, railroads, airports, ports to make sure latter attack troops and logistics could arrive and advance in short time. In contrast, Defenders need to hinder and slow down the enemy from advancing and build up transport lines.
You can see here, transport is a major advantage for attackers, not defenders. In lots of cases, defenders blow up those facilities in order to fight back enemys while attackers do not want this to happen, just like champaign"THE MARKET GARDEN" in WW II, troopers are send to prevent bridges from being destroyed.
But this change, which makes commodity, in another word transport important for defending, is absolutely against the military drills. what does it mean by keeping a spaceport in place? Letting the attackers' landing troops, heavy tanks and supplies go straight down to the planet surface? this do not make sense!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 05:53:23 AM by Tubreva »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4624 on: May 09, 2022, 04:39:34 AM »

That change doesn't have anything to do with logistics within the ground combat layer though (except in that it incentivizes the attacker to raid-disrupt the spaceport first, but then they can't use it either if they capture it). If the ground defenses don't have enough supplies or armaments to function properly, their effect is going to be diminished (like what already happens with its vanilla stability or ground defense benefits).

Should the defenders disrupt their own spaceport (AI won't do this, but a defending player can)? Well, only if you're going to lose it in the first place, in which case your offworld supplies would still be cut off, so it's not like the change is an incentive to keep it intact.

Garessta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: May 09, 2022, 08:04:55 PM »

A great mod, too bad there are too little guides about it and too many confusing things (starting with ground battles).
So I have to ask questions myself...
I met a weird problem when I was playing: my rep with most factions started neutral, but at some point without my notice or any reasons for it I could imagine (I mostly spent time trading and scavenging back then), I got low rep with some of them. For example, Hedemony decided it hated me and wanted to kill me. And Tri-Tach got sus even though I brought it a bunch of gamma cores early (so my rep should've been slightly above zero).
What happened? Why? And how do I prevent everyone hating me with passion?

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: May 09, 2022, 09:01:23 PM »

If you had a colony going, your new faction will participate in the randomized diplomacy the other factions do, and this can result in your standing dropping; if your standing is below certain thresholds, war can be declared on you.

Player participation in the random diplo events can be toggled on or off via the "followersDiplomacy" flag in exerelin_config.json in the base Nexerelin folder.

Also, other mods can and will mess with how your standing works via your actions; if you have Starpocalypse or Ruthless Sector installed, make sure they're configured to your liking.

Garessta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: May 09, 2022, 09:25:49 PM »

Thank you! That was most probably it. Can't be sure though as I missed most of the diplomacy notifs...

Pet_Mudstone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: May 10, 2022, 01:35:26 PM »

Is there an easier way to get agents other than visiting bars? Me and an acquaintance have had some trouble trying to find them.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: May 10, 2022, 03:54:21 PM »

Is there an easier way to get agents other than visiting bars? Me and an acquaintance have had some trouble trying to find them.

Nope, bars are the only way to recruit ATM.

Celepito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: May 11, 2022, 07:16:20 AM »

If I grind reputation with the [REDACTED] through the contact and settle in a system with one of their stations, they will attack any trading fleets coming to my planets from other factions, as well as other neutral stuff, like scavenger fleets, smugglers, etc., right?

If yes, is there any way around that? I guess I could use Console Commands to set them friendly/neutral to other factions.

TheTangy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: May 11, 2022, 10:50:08 AM »

Hi,

In Starsector+Nexerelin, I'm commissioned by the ORA, but it and its allies are too strong.  I want to work for the ORA, but have more competition down the line.

Can I (secretly) prop up the ORA alliance's competitors without actually resigning my commission and fighting against the ORA?

Some ideas:
  • I thought maybe selling them Class V survey data might help them colonize better planets, but I don't know how frequently colonization happens anyways or if this would help.
  • Will doing pirate bounties of competing factions help them? (Not system bounties since I don't actually want to fight the ORA or its allies)
  • Should I look for competing factions that need food and such in their colonies and trade with them?
  • Should I look for agents and use them against the ORA, or will that reveal my involvement?
  • Should I create a pirate fleet and come in with transponders off and raid their major bases, or will that make it too easy to get caught?
  • Will the other factions (much weaker than the ORA alliance on their own) eventually ally up and compete on their own with the ORA, without me doing anything?
  • Should I find powerful duplicate blueprints and sell them to other faction's markets?

Or is will none of that actually affect how the mod does power levels?  Any advice appreciated.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4632 on: May 12, 2022, 06:34:45 AM »

If I grind reputation with the [REDACTED] through the contact and settle in a system with one of their stations, they will attack any trading fleets coming to my planets from other factions, as well as other neutral stuff, like scavenger fleets, smugglers, etc., right?

If yes, is there any way around that? I guess I could use Console Commands to set them friendly/neutral to other factions.
Yeah, they'll do that (at least if you're in or near the system, so the trade fleets and such are actually generated instead of being abstracted away).
There isn't currently a solution other than console, alas.

Hi,

In Starsector+Nexerelin, I'm commissioned by the ORA, but it and its allies are too strong.  I want to work for the ORA, but have more competition down the line.

Can I (secretly) prop up the ORA alliance's competitors without actually resigning my commission and fighting against the ORA?

Some ideas:
  • I thought maybe selling them Class V survey data might help them colonize better planets, but I don't know how frequently colonization happens anyways or if this would help.
  • Will doing pirate bounties of competing factions help them? (Not system bounties since I don't actually want to fight the ORA or its allies)
  • Should I look for competing factions that need food and such in their colonies and trade with them?
  • Should I look for agents and use them against the ORA, or will that reveal my involvement?
  • Should I create a pirate fleet and come in with transponders off and raid their major bases, or will that make it too easy to get caught?
  • Will the other factions (much weaker than the ORA alliance on their own) eventually ally up and compete on their own with the ORA, without me doing anything?
  • Should I find powerful duplicate blueprints and sell them to other faction's markets?

Or is will none of that actually affect how the mod does power levels?  Any advice appreciated.
Selling blueprints won't do anything with non-pirate factions, and selling survey data doesn't help specific factions (just speeds up the global colony expedition cycle, which is open to all eligible factions).
You can do raids (with transponder off) to weaken ORA if necessary; you'll lose rep due to (in addition to the raids themselves) getting dinged by patrols and such, but building it back up isn't too bad. Agent sabotage also works, but IIRC if you get caught doing anything serious it'll tank your rep enough to be expelled from the faction.

Propping up the stability of other factions' markets can also help, but I'm not sure the effect will be visible enough.

One thing you can do is just attack an ally openly; that'll start a war between ORA and the target, without (IIRC) your employers punishing you for it or anything.

TheTangy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: May 12, 2022, 09:34:31 AM »

You can do raids (with transponder off) to weaken ORA if necessary; you'll lose rep due to (in addition to the raids themselves) getting dinged by patrols and such, but building it back up isn't too bad. Agent sabotage also works, but IIRC if you get caught doing anything serious it'll tank your rep enough to be expelled from the faction.

One thing you can do is just attack an ally openly; that'll start a war between ORA and the target, without (IIRC) your employers punishing you for it or anything.

Thanks for this!  I attacked the Sindrian Diktat and shortly after the ORA and they declared war.  Now the ORA are fighting a two front war (I may have attacked someone else as well) which I think will grind them down.  Certainly grinding me down being hunted and attacked everywhere, good advice.

For future reference, I've never used agents before, easy to get caught?  Also, my ORA rep would go down even if I wasn't caught in raids?

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: May 12, 2022, 09:46:03 AM »

You can also just use console commands to make ORA smaller if you think they're too strong. In general, the console command mod is crucial for adjusting certain aspects of your game to your liking.

(That said, I've never, ever had an issue with ORA feeling too strong, even with their propensity to ally with TT.)
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 396