Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013446 times)

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4c "Dissonance" (fixes 2022-02-26)
« Reply #4530 on: March 15, 2022, 01:56:59 PM »

I love how fleet budget is based on the number of military bases you have. In the base game the patrol base tree, aside from the initial building, kind of just feels like a glorified stability/defense bonus... attaching how many assets you can muster to it makes it feel a lot more valuable

paulogabbi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: March 17, 2022, 01:28:34 PM »

Question, Do i need to do something special for the contact on prism freeport to spawn?, because in my game i have not see the quest

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4532 on: March 19, 2022, 03:19:30 AM »

If you still haven't encountered it: the quest becomes available in the bar after 180 ingame days have passed. If it's not there, possibly the mission generation failed somehow.

(One unintentional condition of the mission I just noticed is that because it won't spawn on any non-independent markets, if you invaded and captured Prism it won't work)

MeinGott

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: March 20, 2022, 12:31:44 PM »

Dear Histidine
I want to review my previous notice, about special task fleet ships changing loadout after destruction and restoration. I recently observed it happening even without them being destroyed. Im unable to provide more accurate circumstances, sorry.

Tampan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: March 21, 2022, 05:28:18 AM »

question.. i'm new to starsector. how do i check my alignments and traits?
and how can i change it?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4535 on: March 22, 2022, 03:24:46 AM »

and how can i change it?
Player doesn't have any alignments or traits by default, and they can't be changed except by editing the faction config file.

In a later version I'll make alignments and other stuff about the player faction customizable.

Add a filter for "market conditions" in the planets list please.
For the planet tab in intel? I don't have the capability for that right now (and it's kinda out of scope for Nex), but there are some mods that do related things:
Planet Search
Explore the Galaxy

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: March 22, 2022, 01:54:46 PM »

and how can i change it?
Player doesn't have any alignments or traits by default, and they can't be changed except by editing the faction config file.

In a later version I'll make alignments and other stuff about the player faction customizable.

:hype:

Turdicus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: March 28, 2022, 05:30:24 PM »

Alright all you Nexerelin pros out there, I am trying to make some serious quiche and I've always done this in the past with exploring and selling salvage/BPs. This time I was wondering what the best method of making money raiding/invading is? Should raids be done with a small fleet (0-1 caps, 1-5 cruisers), hitting small/medium markets (size 3-5)? At the moment my raids only yield like 30k credits worth of supplies; my repairs cost far more after accounting for fighting the battlestation. Maybe thats my problem? I shouldn't be fighting at all?

Invasions yield resources as a payout, yes, but I don't want to keep the colony. If I abandon the colony I notice I can get a nice payout, leaving a dead husk. Is this the most cost-effective way to invade for profit? Do other factions re-colonize those dead husks at some point? Or am I permanently scarring the galaxy during my crusade of greed?

Thank you all for the answers and help. Love this game, love this mod. To me you are a wizard, Histadine.

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: March 28, 2022, 11:42:27 PM »

Alright all you Nexerelin pros out there, I am trying to make some serious quiche and I've always done this in the past with exploring and selling salvage/BPs. This time I was wondering what the best method of making money raiding/invading is? Should raids be done with a small fleet (0-1 caps, 1-5 cruisers), hitting small/medium markets (size 3-5)? At the moment my raids only yield like 30k credits worth of supplies; my repairs cost far more after accounting for fighting the battlestation. Maybe thats my problem? I shouldn't be fighting at all?

Invasions yield resources as a payout, yes, but I don't want to keep the colony. If I abandon the colony I notice I can get a nice payout, leaving a dead husk. Is this the most cost-effective way to invade for profit? Do other factions re-colonize those dead husks at some point? Or am I permanently scarring the galaxy during my crusade of greed?

Thank you all for the answers and help. Love this game, love this mod. To me you are a wizard, Histadine.

There is also the option of donating said markets to factions you want to build relations with or your enemies don't like.

I used to specifically colonize world in Hegemony systems and then hand them over to the pirates. Trade experienced a sudden increase in funny

Algoul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: April 02, 2022, 01:42:50 PM »

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at java.util.ArrayList.addAll(ArrayList.java:583)
   at exerelin.campaign.AllianceManager.generateAllianceName(AllianceManager.java:314)
   at exerelin.campaign.AllianceManager.createAlliance(AllianceManager.java:241)
   at exerelin.campaign.AllianceManager.createAlliance(AllianceManager.java:203)
   at exerelin.campaign.AllianceManager.tryMakeAlliance(AllianceManager.java:474)
   at exerelin.campaign.AllianceManager.advance(AllianceManager.java:605)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Guys any idea what generate this error? This is a Nex problem (this start happened on last version) or its other mods?

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: April 02, 2022, 07:16:45 PM »

That's definitely Nex, it's screwing up with alliance creation somehow. When exactly did that happen? Did you try to make your own alliance?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4541 on: April 02, 2022, 07:50:07 PM »

If you're using the Discord-only beta, make sure it's the latest version (0.10.4c6).

Regarding raiding, you indeed don't want to be fighting battlestations or star fortresses (tier 1 stations are okay if you can take them without serious damage). Try to raid locations with commodity surpluses as well, that reduces the risk and (IIRC) increases the loot you can get. Not having ground defenses is also an obvious benefit.

Abandoned planets can be recolonized by NPCs eventually, although if you want to really play it safe, sell all the industries except the spaceport and toss it over to a friendly faction (independents are good for this).

Algoul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: April 02, 2022, 07:59:51 PM »

That's definitely Nex, it's screwing up with alliance creation somehow. When exactly did that happen? Did you try to make your own alliance?

All errors happened without my interruption in alliance mechanics. After it i create alliance with newly installed Blackrock faction, because I suspected the problem in some incompatibility of this mod with Nexerelin, but the alliance was formed normally and again after some time an error occurred.
There are also options related to the United Aurora Federation and the mentioned Blackrock - I'm not sure if this is not their conflict or something like that, I just don't understand how this is possible.
And of course, there is always the option that I installed Nexerelin using my ass - and I need to rearrange it correctly, for example, I did not delete the old folder with it. But in the old version I didn't see such error

Algoul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: April 02, 2022, 08:14:47 PM »

I better reinstall newest version of Nex, to check it again.

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: April 03, 2022, 05:01:34 PM »

Help

10214384 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.ShipQuality.getShipQuality(ShipQuality.java:143)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getShipQuality(Misc.java:4122)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetParamsV3.updateQualityAndProduce rFromSourceMarket(FleetParamsV3.java:177)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetParamsV3.init(FleetParamsV3.java:147)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetParamsV3.<init>(FleetParamsV3.java:108)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesIntel.createFleetFromParams(SpecialForcesIntel.java:210)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesIntel.createFleet(SpecialForcesIntel.java:241)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesIntel.spawnFleet(SpecialForcesIntel.java:167)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager.spawnAndDespawn(RouteManager.java:619)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager.advance(RouteManager.java:577)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreScript.advance(CoreScript.java:140)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 396