Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013134 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4c "Dissonance" (fixes 2022-02-26)
« Reply #4515 on: March 06, 2022, 06:13:16 PM »

Hello!

That's odd, switching between old/new invasion ground battles shouldn't affect what happens in space (including the behavior of attacker/defender special task groups).

(Next playthrough I'll probably look more closely at what the Diktat special task group is doing; the faction only has one system so it shouldn't usually have a reason to leave. You can see STG actions in your own game by using dev mode, or creating the file Starsector/saves/common/nex_dev.data)

In general, I state the fact that with the old invasion system, the defenders for some reason repulse the invasion, while with the new system, the sector loses the Sindrian Diktat or the Church already in the first years of the game, since each invasion is successful, unless of course the player intervenes.
I've found that new invasions seem to always succeed (if they win the space battle) if they're allowed to use a tactical bombardment the planet (they won't do it on non-polluted habitables, or they may fail the ground defense check). This sort of works, but in the future I may find a way to make the outcome less certain.

MeinGott

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: March 07, 2022, 06:43:48 AM »

Is it me or do special task fleet ships revert to their standard variants after recovery? So no customisation, unless they always survive?

Btw, love special task fleet feature; Histidine, you da man

gentulf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: March 08, 2022, 04:32:01 AM »

The Special Task Force AI can get stuck in "patrolling system" state where I can't give it any order to override that behavior. It seems it tries to follow orders for a moment and then reverts back to patrolling a single planet.

DARK170

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: March 08, 2022, 11:30:59 PM »

Hey guys, I have painful problem in my current. I can't get any BP from Prism for last year in game, I was getting  them before on same save and I can't invade it! Don't  know why, and I was hoping someone could help me :( I do have bootleg Varya's Sector, could that be the issue? On a new save, I can get new BP but can't invade Prism.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 12:08:31 AM by DARK170 »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4519 on: March 10, 2022, 05:52:55 AM »

Hmm, I'll need to look into the special task group bugs (in particular, if player STG ships change their variants on dying and respawning that's something that really shouldn't be able to happen)

Hey guys, I have painful problem in my current. I can't get any BP from Prism for last year in game, I was getting  them before on same save and I can't invade it! Don't  know why, and I was hoping someone could help me :( I do have bootleg Varya's Sector, could that be the issue? On a new save, I can get new BP but can't invade Prism.
Are you using Prism in hyperspace? That version is always uninvadable, since a bunch of things would crash otherwise.

If you can't purchase blueprints when talking to an official, it's possible you already have all the blueprints that Prism can sell.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: March 10, 2022, 07:37:48 AM »

In general, I state the fact that with the old invasion system, the defenders for some reason repulse the invasion, while with the new system, the sector loses the Sindrian Diktat or the Church already in the first years of the game, since each invasion is successful, unless of course the player intervenes.
I've found that new invasions seem to always succeed (if they win the space battle) if they're allowed to use a tactical bombardment the planet (they won't do it on non-polluted habitables, or they may fail the ground defense check). This sort of works, but in the future I may find a way to make the outcome less certain.

I sort of figured this was a subtle encouragement for the player to join in - like "heeeeey, maybe you can come help these dudes out since they're struggling a little bit~" since the new invasion system allows you to Do That now. It would be nice for defenders to have a little more oomph, though.

DARK170

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: March 11, 2022, 11:40:33 PM »

To get to Prism i need to use jump point and can i change in mod settings for  Prism to sell all BP instead of default group?

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: March 12, 2022, 07:53:05 AM »

Legio Infernalis has launched an invasion fleet (5-star) on my only planet (I created my own faction) after only a few months in the game. I'm not sure if that is normal. It's not clear to me what to do about it.
Random core worlds weren't activated and I had 0 interaction with Legio Infernalis so far.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4523 on: March 12, 2022, 07:10:44 PM »

To get to Prism i need to use jump point and can i change in mod settings for  Prism to sell all BP instead of default group?
Just did a quick test with a new game and the invade option is there on Prism.
Are you on latest version of Nexerelin? (updating won't remove the no-invade tag in existing saves)

The trader always excludes items that don't normally occur as single blueprints, and anything with the NO_DROP or NO_BP_DROP tags, and blueprints that player already knows; this is hardcoded. There's also a list of banned blueprints provided by mods; you could go through each mod and remove/clear the relevant file if you really wanted, but I don't recommend it.

Legio Infernalis has launched an invasion fleet (5-star) on my only planet (I created my own faction) after only a few months in the game. I'm not sure if that is normal. It's not clear to me what to do about it.
Random core worlds weren't activated and I had 0 interaction with Legio Infernalis so far.
Legio starts hostile to pretty much everyone including player, so if you have a juicy colony they might well decide to munch on it. Might be good to do something to make them non-hostile before they invade; handing over a prisoner or AI core should do the job.

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: March 12, 2022, 08:36:53 PM »

I'm wondering if that's from Nexerelin, but there's a planet owned by Hegemony and the station is owned by pirates. If I buy the planet from Hegemony, I can build my own buildings as per usual, but if I try to invade the station owned by pirates, I see they also own the same planet with different buildings on it. Not sure if that's a bug or working as intended.
Edit: So after capturing the station, now I have 2 different "planets" with the same name at the same spot.
Edit 2: See pictures
https://imgur.com/a/EGjIKsW
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 09:02:38 PM by Vundaex »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4525 on: March 14, 2022, 04:53:26 AM »

I'm wondering if that's from Nexerelin, but there's a planet owned by Hegemony and the station is owned by pirates. If I buy the planet from Hegemony, I can build my own buildings as per usual, but if I try to invade the station owned by pirates, I see they also own the same planet with different buildings on it. Not sure if that's a bug or working as intended.
Edit: So after capturing the station, now I have 2 different "planets" with the same name at the same spot.
Edit 2: See pictures
https://imgur.com/a/EGjIKsW
Is that random sector? I'm guessing this is the bug where a mod that doesn't support random sector adds a planet with a market, then Nex random sector generator adds another market to the same planet*. To confirm this, you could generate a new non-random sector and look for a planet/star system with the same names.

*although I thought I'd already prevented this from happening

(If it's not random sector, well, sounds like that mod itself is adding the market twice on its own)

Nesano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: March 14, 2022, 02:02:55 PM »

I got a tip from someone that this mod has a bug that sets marine XP to 0% for some reason and it just happened again on Nexerelin v0.10.4c.

I never notice it when it happens, so I haven't been able to figure out a cause.

Hague

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: March 14, 2022, 03:35:41 PM »

Well, I've noticed marine experience loss but I've located the reason and it's not ah... explicitly Nexerelin but rather it's interaction with Stellar Networks. If you contact the Remnant special contact with the direct calling capability from Stellar Networks mod and choose offered 'blessings of omega'. After choosing which blessings to purchase your marine experience is deleted. Storing the marines before purchasing or contacting the contact directly at Prism Free Port allows you to keep the experience.

Nesano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: March 14, 2022, 04:41:15 PM »

Well, I've noticed marine experience loss but I've located the reason and it's not ah... explicitly Nexerelin but rather it's interaction with Stellar Networks. If you contact the Remnant special contact with the direct calling capability from Stellar Networks mod and choose offered 'blessings of omega'. After choosing which blessings to purchase your marine experience is deleted. Storing the marines before purchasing or contacting the contact directly at Prism Free Port allows you to keep the experience.

If that's true then I've at least got a workaround. Thanks.

Hague

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: March 14, 2022, 04:59:24 PM »

If that's true then I've at least got a workaround. Thanks.

No problem. Though, I can't guarantee that's exactly your problem. There might be more than one way that marines are getting amnesia
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 396