Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3015025 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4b "Dissonance" (hotfix 2022-01-30)
« Reply #4500 on: February 23, 2022, 03:12:26 AM »

Time to stop putting off replies in the expectation that I'll do it later when update is released... :-X

hi how can i increase the max player special task group?
(copypasted from Discord)
The fast way is to comment out the line (put a # at the start of the first column) the nex_configSF_createNewOptDisabled row in Nexerelin/data/campaign/rules.csv.
This removes any checks that might disable special task group creation (currently the only such check is having any other task groups).

Good day.

What do the mining fleets of their faction do? Didn't notice that the income increased or that the total amount of ore mined increased. Do they have a function or are they just "playing out" their role?
How about an upgrade for the mining building? For example, only on one planet you can make an improvement or make a separate building (Interstellar miners) that generates mining fleets.
They don't directly affect mining production, but killing mining fleets can reduce the availability of the commodity they were mining.
I don't have any particular reason to do anything fancy with them (such as tying them to an industry) right now, though if anyone has an interesting idea I might try it.

Is it possible to limit the size of AI fleets to 30/30?
Most AI fleets already (barring bugs) follow the setting maxShipsInAIFleet in setting.json, which is 30 by default (and Nex doesn't change it). If a specific fleet generator chooses to disregard the limit, other 'normal' mods can't (and shouldn't, I'd say) prevent it from doing this.

ayylmao4lulz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: February 23, 2022, 11:38:50 AM »

I'm encountering a null pointer exception when setting the commander of a special forces group

Spoiler
Code
2316944 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.setFlagship(Unknown Source)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.PlayerSpecialForcesIntel.setFlagship(PlayerSpecialForcesIntel.java:81)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.Nex_SpecialForcesConfig.setFlagship(Nex_SpecialForcesConfig.java:619)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.Nex_SpecialForcesConfig$2.onToggle(Nex_SpecialForcesConfig.java:290)
at exerelin.campaign.ui.InteractionDialogCustomPanelPlugin$ButtonEntry.checkButton(InteractionDialogCustomPanelPlugin.java:68)
at exerelin.campaign.ui.InteractionDialogCustomPanelPlugin.checkButtons(InteractionDialogCustomPanelPlugin.java:25)
at exerelin.campaign.ui.InteractionDialogCustomPanelPlugin.advance(InteractionDialogCustomPanelPlugin.java:31)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.int.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.donew.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.W.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.donew.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

LeStinke

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: February 24, 2022, 07:47:16 PM »

Has something been done to the redacted raids? I've been playing with various versions of Nexerelin since I bought the game a few years ago and I remember that there used to be a lot more of them, in my last few playthroughs I've sometimes seen a raid happen right at the start of the game and then they never happen again. I've tried looking at the intel tab just to see if I was missing them but I haven't seen a single one in my whole playthrough, I'm sitting on mountains of cash and as many colonies / admins as I can handle without giving any them autonomy. Those raids used to be something I really looked forward to thanks to the absolute chaos they would cause. Tried doing some digging and I haven't found anyone with this problem, I think in all of my last 3 runs those damn talking toasters have been entirely absent for most if not all of it, so at this point I'm just wondering if that's how it's supposed to be or has something gone terribly wrong?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4c "Dissonance" (fixes 2022-02-26)
« Reply #4503 on: February 26, 2022, 12:28:37 AM »

Belated update. Mostly to fix various issues; other planned stuff will come later.

Nexerelin v0.10.4c
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
## v0.10.4c ##
* Option (default on) to replace long-pursuit vengeance fleets with an unannounced ambush encounter like vanilla missions
* UNGP rule updates for new version
    * Militia Power counts ships with CIVILIAN hint as civilian
* Remnant mission improvements
    * Captive Cores: Make mission stage update immediately on obtaining cores, instead of requiring a brief wait
    * Fragments: Fix mission breaking if player decides to run but then defeats attack fleet anyway
    * Showdown: Remove Hyperwarp mod ability from straggler fleet if present
    * Showdown: Merc fleets slightly smaller; get reset to independent faction shortly after mission ends (so they don't get attacked when they return to their origin)
* Improvements to respawning dead ships in player special task group
    * Revive cost mult 0.5 -> 0.25 (so it's not wildly more expensive then taking back the ships and fixing them yourself)
    * Increase max range to nearby planet a bit
* Governorship purchase has a 20% discount on industry value (can be modified in settings.json)
* Adjust Omega special encounter strength to account for new player strength calculation; alter behavior
* Commissioning faction can use player nav buoy and sensor array
* Special task groups don't patrol hidden markets (including player outposts)
* Player faction doesn't spawn conquest missions from invasion fail streak

### Fixes ###
* Player special task group fixes
    * Fix a CTD from assigning a shipless officer as commander of task group
    * Disbanding no longer requires the current market to be a player market
    * Fix ship losses in the last combat round (the one that kills the fleet) not being recoverable
    * Fix dead ships recovered on disband vanishing if not immediately repaired
    * Fix being able to assign merc officers to task groups by transferring their ship
    * Task group can't receive commands while in a battle for now (causes dialog errors)
    * Clarify intel display for dead groups
* Ground battle map should work properly on markets that previously had too many industries
* Fix possible case of mining fleet loss applying output reduction multiple times
* Fix AIM merc fleetFeeMult being rounded to nearest integer
* Fix tips referencing outdated hotkey for menu button
* Remove confusing "[reputation check]" text in ground battle tutorial
* Fix some dialog visual panel issues
* Fix 'donate admin' option on autonomous colonies requiring the conversation target to be a military-type official

[close]

Has something been done to the redacted raids? I've been playing with various versions of Nexerelin since I bought the game a few years ago and I remember that there used to be a lot more of them, in my last few playthroughs I've sometimes seen a raid happen right at the start of the game and then they never happen again. I've tried looking at the intel tab just to see if I was missing them but I haven't seen a single one in my whole playthrough, I'm sitting on mountains of cash and as many colonies / admins as I can handle without giving any them autonomy. Those raids used to be something I really looked forward to thanks to the absolute chaos they would cause. Tried doing some digging and I haven't found anyone with this problem, I think in all of my last 3 runs those damn talking toasters have been entirely absent for most if not all of it, so at this point I'm just wondering if that's how it's supposed to be or has something gone terribly wrong?
Remnant raids should still work as they did before; first raid circa late 207 and then one every 270 days on average.
The main thing that I'd expect to block them from spawning would be there just not being any Remnant stations to spawn from. It's a long shot, but you can use devmode+sensors off (Ctrl+Z) in hyperspace to see if there are Remnant beacons around.

Megaderp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: February 26, 2022, 06:28:19 AM »

I think i messed it up by myself but i gotta ask to make sure.
During the remnant mission “showdown”, where you have to follow the hegemony fleet to a remnant station and defend it, when does the attack start or does the mission ever expire?
I lost the trail of the hegemony fleet right off the bat because i thought a 14 burn was enough to keep up, but the mission never left or progressed from there.
I searched the entire sector now, surveyed every system, but the mission looks stuck at saying to defend the remnant station.

Nesano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: February 26, 2022, 12:53:56 PM »

Most AI fleets already (barring bugs) follow the setting maxShipsInAIFleet in setting.json, which is 30 by default (and Nex doesn't change it). If a specific fleet generator chooses to disregard the limit, other 'normal' mods can't (and shouldn't, I'd say) prevent it from doing this.

Doesn't that just set where the soft cap is? And does Nex's fleet generator tend to exceed 30?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4506 on: February 26, 2022, 06:32:34 PM »

I think i messed it up by myself but i gotta ask to make sure.
During the remnant mission “showdown”, where you have to follow the hegemony fleet to a remnant station and defend it, when does the attack start or does the mission ever expire?
I lost the trail of the hegemony fleet right off the bat because i thought a 14 burn was enough to keep up, but the mission never left or progressed from there.
I searched the entire sector now, surveyed every system, but the mission looks stuck at saying to defend the remnant station.
Hmm, the fleet is supposed to go to its destination system, then when it gets there or dies on the way, there's a delay of a few days before the attack fleets go to the station and engage it (this is the 'defend' stage of the mission). If it's stuck at the 'defend' state, the attack may have failed, though this seems unlikely without a player presence.

If you enable Nex dev mode (create a file named nex_dev.data in Starsector/saves/common) the mission intel will display the star systems involved, so you could check them out and see where everyone is.

I've heard of an beaten-off attack also not causing the mission to end properly, so might have to look into the issue.

Doesn't that just set where the soft cap is? And does Nex's fleet generator tend to exceed 30?
It's a hard cap; if it goes over, the base game's fleet factory will replace small ships with big ones to fit in the limit.

The only fleets I know that specifically modify or disregard the limit are Nex invasion fleets (cap is 20% higher than config setting), and SWP's IBBs and Underworld's Dickerson fleet (no cap).

SpartanXZero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: February 26, 2022, 11:53:18 PM »

Hello Histidine.

I had a query regarding revenge fleets.. an to another extent Derelict drone/remnant fleets. I've been trying out the Derelict Empire mode (not sure if it's vanilla or modded start) an since every faction system has Derelict drone conflict to contend with. It seems like the vengeance point accumulation rockets to the top fairly fast, triggering the vengeance fleet part. Which do not doubt this, I find that concept really fun an a cool idea. I'm not sure how the mechanic entirely works, but it appears as though. Once the vengeance meter hits tilt, whatever cycle cooldown that is wired to the fleet generation just stays on repeat. As in, it never diminishes, since there's really no way to improve rep with Derelict Drone Empire. Which starts to wear thin as a repetitive event.

Is there anyway to have a vengeance rep reset? For instance once you've defeated a vengeance fleet a new rep meter is established, rebuilding based on the players actions if the player is a habitual offender. Perhaps even have a calculation that adjusts to the relative FP of the players previous FP encounter that defeated their vengeance fleet?

This way it's not just a steady stream of vengeance fleets seeking out the player once the cooldown for the event wears (if there is a cooldown) and at the same time, the vengeance fleet gets stronger in response to the previous attempt and gives the event itself a little bit of dynamic evolution.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 12:58:39 PM by SpartanXZero »

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: February 27, 2022, 03:00:22 AM »

Could you possibly add a hidden market mechanic for player as well? Maybe as kind of an option for very small colonies to remain hidden at the cost of limiting them to the smallest size/reduced access. Or maybe you have to be ally with pirates or similar faction first.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4509 on: February 28, 2022, 12:29:15 AM »

Hello Histidine.

I had a query regarding revenge fleets.. an to another extent Derelict drone/remnant fleets. I've been trying out the Derelict Empire mode (not sure if it's vanilla or modded start) an since every faction system has Derelict drone conflict to contend with. It seems like the vengeance point accumulation rockets to the top fairly fast, triggering the vengeance fleet part. Which do not doubt this, I find that concept really fun an a cool idea. I'm not sure how the mechanic entirely works, but it appears as though. Once the vengeance meter hits tilt, whatever cycle cooldown that is wired to the fleet generation just stays on repeat. As in, it never diminishes, since there's really no way to improve rep with Derelict Drone Empire. Which starts to wear thin as a repetitive event.

Is there anyway to have a vengeance rep reset? For instance once you've defeated a vengeance fleet a new rep meter is established, rebuilding based on the players actions if the player is a habitual offender. Perhaps even have a calculation that adjusts to the relative FP of the players previous FP encounter that defeated their vengeance fleet?

This way it's not just a steady stream of vengeance fleets seeking out the player once the cooldown for the event wears (if there is a cooldown) and at the same time, the vengeance fleet gets stronger in response to the previous attempt and gives the event itself a little bit of dynamic evolution.
Hello!

To be clear, is the issue that the Derelict Empire faction keeps sending vengeance fleets at you?
Vengeance fleet points only accumulate when the player takes a specific hostile action against the faction (usually fighting their fleets, or raiding or invading their planets), rather than from just being hostile/vengeful to them. The derelict faction also shouldn't be generating any vengeance fleets. What you describe doesn't sound like the Nex mechanic.

Can you post a screenshot of the vengeance fleets you're seeing?
(Also, you can set useNewVengeanceEncounters to false in exerelin_config.json, this makes vengeance fleets appear in the intel screen so we can be sure that's what's happening)

Could you possibly add a hidden market mechanic for player as well? Maybe as kind of an option for very small colonies to remain hidden at the cost of limiting them to the smallest size/reduced access. Or maybe you have to be ally with pirates or similar faction first.
Maybe someday :)

Nesano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: March 02, 2022, 06:44:28 PM »

It's a hard cap; if it goes over, the base game's fleet factory will replace small ships with big ones to fit in the limit.

The only fleets I know that specifically modify or disregard the limit are Nex invasion fleets (cap is 20% higher than config setting), and SWP's IBBs and Underworld's Dickerson fleet (no cap).

I found a config called invasionFleetSizeMult and it's set to 1. Does that mean 0.8 would be normal?
Also, does that "20% higher than config setting" thing apply to task forces too? specialForcesSizeMult is set to 1 like the invasion one.

Snosibsnob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: March 03, 2022, 02:16:21 PM »

Spoiler
Anybody else having problems with the "Showdown" quest for Midnight Dissonant? I beat all of the Hegemony forces but the quest hasn't been completed or continued.
[close]
It's possible one fleet got missed somehow. Try turning on devmode (easiest to do it in console) and press Ctrl+Z (toggles sensor mechanic) to see if any fleets are still lurking in the target system, the origin system or hyperspace.
(Note that you don't need to completely kill each fleet; due to a bug it counts as defeated if it takes any losses at all)

Hello, I checked, no fleets remain. I think the quest bugged out.

Is there any way to force complete quests? I kinda want to move on with Midnight Dissonent and can't without completing this quest.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4512 on: March 03, 2022, 06:40:23 PM »

I found a config called invasionFleetSizeMult and it's set to 1. Does that mean 0.8 would be normal?
Also, does that "20% higher than config setting" thing apply to task forces too? specialForcesSizeMult is set to 1 like the invasion one.
The multiplier only affects the number of "fleet points" the fleet can use to generate its ships (higher can mean more ships but also bigger/stronger ones); there's no config for max ship count.
Special task groups don't apply any modifier to max ship count.

Hello, I checked, no fleets remain. I think the quest bugged out.

Is there any way to force complete quests? I kinda want to move on with Midnight Dissonent and can't without completing this quest.
There's no standard command to complete a quest, but entering this in the Console Commands mod (copy and paste) will make the Showdown quest end with the appropriate rewards:
Code: java
runcode import exerelin.campaign.intel.missions.remnant.RemnantBrawl;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.contacts.ContactIntel;
RemnantBrawl brawl = (RemnantBrawl)Global.getSector().getMemoryWithoutUpdate().get("$nex_remBrawl_ref");
brawl.setCurrentStage(RemnantBrawl.Stage.COMPLETED, null, null);
brawl.getPerson().setImportance(brawl.getPerson().getImportance().next());
ContactIntel ci = ContactIntel.getContactIntel(brawl.getPerson());
if (ci != null) ci.sendUpdateIfPlayerHasIntel(null, false, false);
(although this is the last story quest anyhow)

Greatgreengoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: March 04, 2022, 12:29:54 AM »

Here is an idea, im sure its been discussed before and I dont know how it would be implemented but with the Cryo Sleeper Ship, it would be awesome to be able to get a colony to 7 or 8. But only 1 colony. It would be lore friendly.
"There is no absolute truth in the universe, but in saying so this must also be false"

MoyaOto

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: March 04, 2022, 12:09:38 PM »

Sorry for my English, I'm using google translate.

Thanks for the mod.

When I switched the invasions to the old version, I noticed that the balance has changed.
In the past, the AI took over just about every planet it invaded. With the old invasion interface, the AI often fails when invaded.

This is fine?

UPD:
I don't mind in principle.
Too annoying was the fact that in the early years, the Sindrian Diktat was losing almost all of its planets.
AI defenders are now better at dealing with invasion, making the sector a bit more static, which is good for me.

But... I'm afraid I broke something.
Is the old version of invasion still viable in the current mod version (0.10.4c)?

UPD(2):
Hmm... I noticed that when playing with the old version of the invasion, the defenders send out Special Task Group.

Weird because when I played with the new invasion UI, the invasion fleet just logged in, wiped out the patrols if there were any, and took over the planet.
At the same time, the defenders did not have Special Task Group.

Ah, I'm confused figuring out the mechanics of the mod...

UPD(3):
In general, I state the fact that with the old invasion system, the defenders for some reason repulse the invasion, while with the new system, the sector loses the Sindrian Diktat or the Church already in the first years of the game, since each invasion is successful, unless of course the player intervenes.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 04:32:29 PM by MoyaOto »
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 396