Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3044714 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4b "Dissonance" (hotfix 2022-01-30)
« Reply #4485 on: February 09, 2022, 05:59:41 PM »

Spoiler
Anybody else having problems with the "Showdown" quest for Midnight Dissonant? I beat all of the Hegemony forces but the quest hasn't been completed or continued.
[close]
It's possible one fleet got missed somehow. Try turning on devmode (easiest to do it in console) and press Ctrl+Z (toggles sensor mechanic) to see if any fleets are still lurking in the target system, the origin system or hyperspace.
(Note that you don't need to completely kill each fleet; due to a bug it counts as defeated if it takes any losses at all)

InertFurry

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: February 10, 2022, 03:28:20 AM »

I've noticed that when I start an invasion, Starsector slows way the heck down (simrate and loading speed between sectors) whenever I initiate an invasion.

gentulf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: February 13, 2022, 02:21:35 PM »

One thought about having a faction of your own while being commissioned at the same time: in line with everything else happening in your commissioner's name (including things like operative actions, conquering colonies) it shouldn't be possible to just found your own colonies - what should happen is any such colony would be automatically transferred to the commissioner but with the player getting the governorship (and perhaps an option of still settling independent but with a heavy relation penalty).

dgchessman2

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: February 14, 2022, 12:52:50 AM »

Wanted to toss out some feedback:  The Decivilized / Raided mechanics are pretttttyyyy intense, and abrupt.

Had my main manufacturing base get attacked.  All the good stuff, right?
They take it.  I take it back.
I'm then left with a planet with CRIPPLING penalties to Stability (-20+), they can encourage more instability with agents, but I can't counter-stabalize.  I keep this dance up for almost a year... my High Command was out of commission for over a year!  Then one day it decivilizes, and the entire thing is razed to the ground.  Storage, buildings, ships, AI, attachments..... all of it.

Am I correct in assuming that Nexerlin is at the heart of this?  I'm pretty sure there's some vanilla mechanics mixed in as well, but...

... it feels like there's room for, I dunno.... martial law?  Or shutting the whole colony down until the Stability penalties pass (but seriously, it was over a year).  I've got Industrial Evolution, and used the Senate to add stability... but again, it just felt really ham-fisted.  Like a good mechanic that sorta ran out of steam, and just deleted the colony.  Hell, even going pirate would give me a chance to steal my stuff back.

Stable system.  Stable planet.  Edicts.  Fleets.  Every kind of goods available.  Still not enough to counter a negative 20-something for over a year.

Am I missing some important mechanic?  'Cause I'm honestly afraid this just blew up my playthrough.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: February 14, 2022, 01:03:45 AM »

Raided, or invaded?
Only invasions and AI Inspections actually take stuff, and of the two only with the former can you take stuff back.

If it is constantly being invaded, stop letting them win, or stop taking it back until you can stop letting them win.

Pay attention to the Intel, and subvert or defeat any invasion fleets before they reach the destination. Or build better defenses, should you have the money and means.

dgchessman2

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: February 14, 2022, 02:26:45 AM »

Raided, or invaded?
Only invasions and AI Inspections actually take stuff, and of the two only with the former can you take stuff back.

If it is constantly being invaded, stop letting them win, or stop taking it back until you can stop letting them win.

Pay attention to the Intel, and subvert or defeat any invasion fleets before they reach the destination. Or build better defenses, should you have the money and means.

So, invaded, initially.  With High Command, Shield, upgraded defenses, the whole bit.
Immediately took it back.

But AFTER that exchange, the colony was borked.  0 Stability for over a year without any other influences I could see, and a Lvl 5 Agent on counter tactics.
The High Command remained offline for more than a year... but even with that back, it wouldn't have been enough to overcome the crippling Stability negatives from having the planet taken, and then taking it back.  Even with the Battlestation online, the military defenses, yadda yadda.

Which is to say:  They snuck in an invasion.  Cool, that's legit, and behavior I like to see.
BUT!
Once taken back, I was left with a crippled wreck.  And rather than reduce in population, or sit and be miserable until it's allotted time was up... it gave me an Uncivilized warning, and then a few months later the planet just wiped clean.  Went 'Uncivilized', and it was ALL gone.  Everything.

I know these mechanics are a mix of Nexerlin and Vanilla behavior... but please, can we have some sort of remedial stability options?  "Don't get invaded" isn't an indefinite option.  As players, we need to have a way to take back an invaded planet and nurse it back to health.  From what I can understand, the 'correct' action would have been to raze it to the ground, let to go Uncivilized, and start from scratch.

And that's not intuitive!  O__O

Those stability penalties are INTENSE, and EXTREMELY long-lasting.  And the only solution is raze it to the ground, or $200k per stability point (which in this case was over 20).
Even then, $4mil and it just magically is better?

Consider this a combination critique, request, question, and suggestion.
There's an intense mechanical tipping point that the tug-a-war over territory is gonna inevitably bring.  Dunno if the AI suffers similarly.

Thoughts?
'Cause I'm pretty sure I did everything a person could.  One of the 4 fleets coming to invade slipped through my net, and then the next year or more of gameplay was set in stone unless I poured money on the fire.

**EDIT**  All of this in my own, undisputed (except briefly) system with an upgraded Com array.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 02:28:34 AM by dgchessman2 »

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: February 14, 2022, 10:44:47 AM »

Is there a way to manually give a faction the same status that something like the Pirates or the Independents have, where they don't undergo diplomacy events or relationship changes?

The Aleph Ascendancy does not have this status by default, which is a little weird considering their whole deal.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4492 on: February 14, 2022, 05:20:36 PM »

Regarding decivilization: The short answer is it's just how it works right now, eat the cost of the Stabilize button till you have at least nonzero stability. Losing stuff is annoying, but you have a full ingame cycle to move stuff off if the colony can't be saved.
That said, having -20 unrest at all (or worse, -20 net stability) is a sign that someone did something massively wrong somewhere. Even a sat bomb is "only" -10!

Anyway, someone a while back suggested a different way for deciv'd planets to work, which wouldn't lose stored items. Whether I implement this at some point depends on working out the details, like what the process to recover such a colony is.

Is there a way to manually give a faction the same status that something like the Pirates or the Independents have, where they don't undergo diplomacy events or relationship changes?

The Aleph Ascendancy does not have this status by default, which is a little weird considering their whole deal.
Could add a "disableDiplomacy":true, line to Ascendancy's faction config. (This isn't how pirates or independents do it as they have their own special handling, but it'll work if the only change desired is making them not have diplomacy events)

I've noticed that when I start an invasion, Starsector slows way the heck down (simrate and loading speed between sectors) whenever I initiate an invasion.
That's odd; the only part of the ground battle mechanic I can think of that run in real time is the script that attracts patrols to the site of the invasion. Are there a ton of fleets in the system or something? (But even then, handing out fleet assignments once every so often shouldn't be a serious load...)

One thought about having a faction of your own while being commissioned at the same time: in line with everything else happening in your commissioner's name (including things like operative actions, conquering colonies) it shouldn't be possible to just found your own colonies - what should happen is any such colony would be automatically transferred to the commissioner but with the player getting the governorship (and perhaps an option of still settling independent but with a heavy relation penalty).
Makes a certain sense. Mostly I think it'd be annoying for players and they'd just drop commissions (possibly switching to having an alliance instead) before forming new colonies, but the same arguments apply to conquest. Well, I guess the main barrier to implementing it for colonies is it'd require work I'm not presently doing.

dgchessman2

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: February 14, 2022, 05:59:26 PM »

While on the subject, is there any way/chance that saving initial picks for a new game could include more things?

If I start a new game, most of the Nexerlin options stay as I modified them, as long as I don't exit the game completely.
And... maybe this is silly... but a lot of the other stuff is just annoying to type in while randomly generating a system!
Name.  Picture.  Faction name.  Faction Flag.

As close to a 'regenerate system' button as you could get?
At your discretion, of course.
Just an idea/suggestion.

heh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: February 15, 2022, 12:06:52 AM »

2241317 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.world.Arc_WorldGen.generateDerelicts(Arc_WorldGen.java:32)
   at data.scripts.Arc_ModPlugin.onNewGameAfterProcGen(Arc_ModPlugin.java:12)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

im not really sure if this is caused by Nexerelin or a compatability issue with one or another mod, as i have a lot enabled, but it crashes every time i try to start with the derelict empire scenario

this is the modlist i use

{"enabledMods": [
  "pantera_ANewLevel40R",  "adjustable_skill_thresholds",  "Adjusted Sector",  "mobile_star_fortress",  "anotherportraitpack",  "apex_design",
  "ARC",  "armaa"  "raccoonarms",  "arthrships",  "Astra_Hyperedit_teal_full",  "lw_autosave",  "Barack's Namelists",  "battlefleets",  "better_deserving_smods",
  "beyondthesector",  "BSC",  "BSC_Submod",  "bb_plus",  "bountiesexpanded",  "HMI_brighton",  "CWSP",  "capturecrew",  "seven_nexus",  "clearCommands",
  "CAS",  "chatter",  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",  "lw_console",  "diyplanets",  "Dabble",  "istl_dassaultmikoyan",  "degenerateportraitpack",  "DetailedCombatResults",
  "diableavionics_lilium",  "diableavionics",  "dronelib",  "edshipyard",  "EXPLOSIVE_FUEL",  "extra_system_reloaded",  "XLU",  "fast_engine_rendering",  "HHE",  "forge_production",
  "hbh",  "gflportraitpack",  "gflportraitpack2",  "gladiatorsociety",  "GrandColonies",  "HMI_SV",  "HMI",  "hte",  "hiigaran_descendants",  "sun_hyperdrive",  "IndEvo",
  "interestingportraitspack",  "Imperium",  "timid_xiv",  "kadur_remnant",  "kyeltziv",  "LTA",  "lw_lazylib",  "leadingPip",  "ArkLeg",  "smc",  "lockedAndLoaded",  "logisticsNotifications",
  "exshippack",  "MagicLib",  "Mayasuran Navy",  "missingships",  "more_hullmods",  "Musashimanufactor",  "ness_saw",  "wisp_NeutrinoDetectorMkII",  "nexerelin",  "kayse_phaseships",
  "omegaslaught",  "objects_analysis",  "OcuA",  "console_overlord_additionalcommands",  "su_PTSD",  "Powerfantasy_Portrait",  "progressiveSMods",  "PulseIndustry",  "pt_qolpack",
  "yunru_pilot_radiant",  "roider",  "rotcesrats",  "sun_ruthless_sector",  "sanguinary_autonomist_defectors",  "tahlan_scalartech",  "SCY",  "Seafood",  "secretsofthefrontieralt",  "SEEKER",
  "transpoffder",  "shadow_ships",  "holdsforall",  "swp",  "mayu_specialupgrades",  "sun_starship_legends",  "StopGapMeasures3",  "superweapons",  "Sylphon_RnD",
  "tahlan",  "Terraforming and Station Construction",  "star_federation",  "thumper_thumpermod",  "TORCHSHIPS",  "US",  "vic",  "VSW",  "vayrasector",  "vayrashippack",  "whichmod",
  "XhanEmpire",  "yunruhullmods",  "yunru_midline_expansion",  "yunru_misc_ships",  "yunru_pirate_collection",  "yunrucore",  "audio_plus",  "mir_np",  "prv",  "shaderLib"
]}

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4495 on: February 15, 2022, 05:18:37 AM »

ARC isn't compatible with Nex's random sector IIRC, you'll have to ask the modder to implement it.

While on the subject, is there any way/chance that saving initial picks for a new game could include more things?

If I start a new game, most of the Nexerlin options stay as I modified them, as long as I don't exit the game completely.
And... maybe this is silly... but a lot of the other stuff is just annoying to type in while randomly generating a system!
Name.  Picture.  Faction name.  Faction Flag.

As close to a 'regenerate system' button as you could get?
At your discretion, of course.
Just an idea/suggestion.
Well I've already said that this stuff is not currently handled by Nex and should be submitted as a vanilla suggestion. That said, I think I've found a way for a mod to fiddle with the new game character generation stuff, so I may try making the data persistent at some point. (Only new game dialog though; for faction setup I currently don't know of a way to change the screen, without doing things I don't currently know how to do)

auge50

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: February 15, 2022, 06:21:33 AM »

hi how can i increase the max player special task group?

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: February 17, 2022, 07:32:39 AM »

Good day.

What do the mining fleets of their faction do? Didn't notice that the income increased or that the total amount of ore mined increased. Do they have a function or are they just "playing out" their role?
How about an upgrade for the mining building? For example, only on one planet you can make an improvement or make a separate building (Interstellar miners) that generates mining fleets.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 06:10:11 AM by FreonRu »

Morgan Blackburn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: February 21, 2022, 11:17:45 PM »

I don't know if this is the right place to comment but i'll do it anyways. But first, dang my first comment about a game. I have a question if this mod is friendly towards supplies. I've added the nexerelin mod since it interested me with diplomacy and mining asteroids but i encountered something weird, my supplies decreases faster than normal even though my ships are smaller starting ships from the tutorial and so they don't use much. But after i enabled the mod i noticed my supplies was decreasing faster than i can manage even with the help of some skills that helps with decreasing supplies and fuel uses and so i disabled the mod for a while and checked if there's something wrong with my game and i tried playing the game without the mod and my supplies drops as normal but when i tried using the mod my supplies drops faster. Any tips? Also, uh, i was wondering if this mod can let me use starting ships like the hammerheads from the mercenary selection without using the mod's ship selection. I also wanted to use doom class phase ship but i wanted to use it after working to get one and not get it with the help of the mod and why only allow three ships?  And no, i can't show the whole mod's scripts because i don't want to break something well made and i don't even know what to look for. That is all. And yes, i wrote this whole comment without the uses of :;'" <--- because i just can't. :D PS: Anyone else having this issue? I can't make long distance travel now because of it.

Never mind, most likely just me. Probably, whatever is consuming all of my supplies are likely (D-mod ships found in the tutorials, my inability to understand what is happening in the game such as repair cost, those daily maintenance, enhanced maintenance cost and etc.) Likely those, dang, i've been playing this game for months and i'm still a newbie. Oh well.   :-\ but still, if you're still gonna reply. Please tell cuz i'm still not sure. 

Oh, just realized i was also playing on Normal. So probably the cost to maintain my ships now cost more than in easy. Great. Moving on.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 05:11:59 PM by Morgan Blackburn »

Nesano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: February 22, 2022, 12:13:09 PM »

Is it possible to limit the size of AI fleets to 30/30?
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 399