Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3015126 times)

Nesano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.3i "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-12-17)
« Reply #4425 on: January 27, 2022, 10:46:09 AM »

Could you adjust vengeance fleets so that they don't automatically follow you no matter where you are? They "follow your trail," but there doesn't exist a mechanic in the game to allow for that, so they effectively work like that moon ghost from Starbound. It makes for dumb gameplay where you're just moving away from a slow, lumbering fleet that's always moving towards you.

A better way of doing it would be to just have the vengeance fleet patrol the system in search of you, responding to any hostile activity reported and certainly not following you to other systems.

ohama

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: January 28, 2022, 08:46:08 AM »

How does faction revival work? I saw Tri-Tachyon respawn in a far-off system, but when I came back a few cycles later they were gone from that place. I didn't actually see them, but trying to dismantle their structures in stable locations says that they don't have control over that system.
It's been like 10 cycles and I haven't found a trace of them since.

HackerGamesZz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Invasion economy settings
« Reply #4427 on: January 28, 2022, 02:42:24 PM »

Does anyone know what settings are tweaked for the colony/stations industry and market when an invasion happens? Regardless of the invasion being successful or not I would expect some industry to be destroyed and their market deficits to be high. Instead in the current default Nexerelin setup the markets are basically stable the whole time except for maybe the rest of the month.

I would love to change some settings so that there are appropriate deficits and surplus after invasions. They should have a surplus of marines and heavy equipment. But they should have taken a population hit and need food and other industry items since stuff got destroyed.

TLDR: change which settings in Nexerelin to have market deficits after invasions?

ichimi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: January 28, 2022, 04:08:12 PM »

no idea if it's supposed to be said here but anyway..

i have this mission to conquer a specific market basically i got it and since i am commissioned by a faction it goes to them, now the mission giver wants the market and i want it to give it to them problem is i couldn't, even me buying governorship (which is i regret spending) the thing is the mission giver is also part of the alliance with that said ill just take the rep hit kinda sad i left with less money than having more

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4429 on: January 28, 2022, 05:58:38 PM »

Could you adjust vengeance fleets so that they don't automatically follow you no matter where you are? They "follow your trail," but there doesn't exist a mechanic in the game to allow for that, so they effectively work like that moon ghost from Starbound. It makes for dumb gameplay where you're just moving away from a slow, lumbering fleet that's always moving towards you.

A better way of doing it would be to just have the vengeance fleet patrol the system in search of you, responding to any hostile activity reported and certainly not following you to other systems.
If they only hung around in one system the vengeance fleet would be almost guaranteed to never catch the player.
That said, I'm considering just replacing the normal long-chase vengeance fleets with the mechanic from vanilla missions, where a fleet spawns nearby and tries to jump you (usually in hyperspace) after you did something, and if you evade it you don't have to worry about it again.

How does faction revival work? I saw Tri-Tachyon respawn in a far-off system, but when I came back a few cycles later they were gone from that place. I didn't actually see them, but trying to dismantle their structures in stable locations says that they don't have control over that system.
It's been like 10 cycles and I haven't found a trace of them since.
If you don't see a TT colony in the system then they're gone. Probably they got conquered or decivilized while you weren't looking?

Does anyone know what settings are tweaked for the colony/stations industry and market when an invasion happens? Regardless of the invasion being successful or not I would expect some industry to be destroyed and their market deficits to be high. Instead in the current default Nexerelin setup the markets are basically stable the whole time except for maybe the rest of the month.

I would love to change some settings so that there are appropriate deficits and surplus after invasions. They should have a surplus of marines and heavy equipment. But they should have taken a population hit and need food and other industry items since stuff got destroyed.

TLDR: change which settings in Nexerelin to have market deficits after invasions?
In the current new invasion system, industries don't get damaged unless someone uses an ability that disrupts them (usually Fire Support), or does a tactical bombardment. I might change this so that combat causes brief disruptions on the industry involved, but unless the disruption period was annoyingly long, an uninvolved player likely won't have time to respond to the shortage.

That said, prices of supplies, heavy arms and marines will be temporarily inflated after the invasion due to the ongoing rebellion.

no idea if it's supposed to be said here but anyway..

i have this mission to conquer a specific market basically i got it and since i am commissioned by a faction it goes to them, now the mission giver wants the market and i want it to give it to them problem is i couldn't, even me buying governorship (which is i regret spending) the thing is the mission giver is also part of the alliance with that said ill just take the rep hit kinda sad i left with less money than having more
The option to take over the market (at the cost of commissioning faction rep) is in the ground battle's intel item. You need to do that in order to transfer the market to the mission giver.

If you've already missed the seven-day window for takeover, but still have the mission active, you can console yourself the market (and the credits separately). The command is setmarketowner <market name or ID> player.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 06:03:44 PM by Histidine »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4 "Dissonance" (update 2022-01-29)
« Reply #4430 on: January 28, 2022, 06:18:44 PM »

One overly long changelog later, I've finished the planned update. Let me know if any issues crop up, but otherwise it's time for me to chill a bit 8)

Nexerelin v0.10.4
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
## v0.10.4 ##
### Controls ###
* Special menu hotkey (on campaign map) changed from Z to X by default (fixes conflict with a devmode command)

### Gameplay ###
* Ground battle changes
    * Add "Ignis Pluvia" ground battle ability (requires an II Olympus)
    * Garrison health reset on a successful non-player invasion now based on surviving attacker units
    * Ground battle rebels now have the attack and defense bonuses of 25% marine XP (was 0% and 50%)
        * Also divided into 40% smaller units
    * Ground battle defender can use EW ability if admin has EW or Hypercognition skills
    * AI tweaks/fixes
    * Set market "local interest" lockout if player joins ongoing ground battle as attacker
    * Set and display rules on when industry items can/can't be looted during ground battles
    * Ground battle attacker AI withdraws if nothing happens for 6 turns
    * New ground battle settings for players who want battles to last longer
        * `groundBattleDamageMult` in `exerelin_config.json`, `nex_gbTurnDaysPlayer` and `nex_gbTurnDaysNPC` in settings.json
* Add player version of the special task group
    * Talk to a military-capable base official to assemble the group by giving it ships and officers (does not require crew, supplies or fuel)
    * Requires a commanding officer, who can be (re)trained in 2-3 fleetwide skills with 1 SP
    * Monthly upkeep cost based on officers, skeleton crew and estimated supply/fuel usage
    * If ships are lost in battles, can be respawned for a fee
    * Can be disbanded, returning assets to player fleet
* New game creation
    * Add "flatten" option (in addition to "random") for starting faction relationships
    * Add option for own faction start to create homeworld in a core system, outside the core, or either
    * Player homeworld doesn't normally have heavy industry, unless the bonus item is used
    * Add a gate to Prism Freeport's system
    * Starting officers are all level 1 (instead of e.g. 3-2-1) and mentored
    * Random sector improvements
        * Try harder to concentrate factions in systems where they already have a presence
        * Put gamma cores on high commands, if the faction traits allow it
        * Seed more abandoned stations (at least 2; 3 if enough markets are present)
    * Avoid large swings in random faction weights in random sector
* Hypershunt surprise encounter improvements
    * Can be bought off with a beta or alpha core (alpha gives 10 Remnant rep)
    * Tweak pursuit behavior
    * Entire thing can be disabled in settings.json
* Alliance improvements
    * Alliances can be merged (through alliance menu, or by spontaneous NPC action)
        * All members of the "giving" alliance must be able to join the "receiving" one
    * Allies will vote yes on a war vote if they're already hostile to target
    * Alliance votes can modify disposition towards other factions
* Add two new Remnant story missions
* Lower max marine count to prefer target planet in Remnant mission 1
* Nex no longer doubles weapon count in stores from vanilla (can be changed back in `exerelin_config.json`)
* Increase bonus admin availability
    * Previous thresholds: 10, 25, 50, 80, 120, 200, 300
    * New thresholds: 10, 25, 40, 60, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, 250, 300
* Make mining harassment fleets more/less frequent depending on current system's markets
* Starting contact on new game is always military/underworld, unless starting fleet is a trade fleet
* Add unique colony skills for certain faction leaders
* Rework player fleet strength estimation used in some places
* Ceasefire prompt decision time now 5-7 days (was 14-21)
* Operative procure ship action: base XP 500 -> 750
* Add chance of creating a conquest mission following a failed NPC invasion
* Rebellion suppression fleets can't spawn from markets already having their own rebellions
* Respawn invasions have 1.4 times the base marine count
* Don't generate conquest missions on behalf of factions that can't invade
* Sindrian Diktat can send colony expeditions sometimes
* NPC factions unset hazard pay when taking over a colony, unless it was founded after game start
* Derelict Empire: Factions start with invasion meter 80% charged
* Use vanilla 0.95.1a calculation for raid stability effects, instead of Nex custom one introduced in 0.95
* Losing a mining fleet can cause commodity shortages for the host market
* Set the "gave Daud the Yaribay contact" flag when skipping story

### Graphics ###
* New portrait for Midnight Dissonant, created with Coherent Watermelon

### GUI ###
* Add a Scoreboard intel item to show which factions are closest to victory
* Ground battle: Skip deployment confirm prompt when using quick move
* Procure ship action: destination can be set for queued actions; tweak button layout
* Ground battle tutorial: Go to intel screen directly after convo
* Widen name column in faction directory so "Port Tse Franchise Station" isn't wrapped

### Text ###
* Ground battle help explains movement points
* Ground battle tutorial dialog explains what it's a tutorial of
* Minor fixes

### Fixes ###
* Fix a crash with post-Ziggurat encounters in random sector
* Fix null error when using faction directory while running Legacy of Arkgnesis mod
* Fix heavy industry anti-raid exploit causing any special items on the HI to vanish
* Fix own faction start setup picker not taking into account screen scaling
* Remove TITAN option from military options dialog (handled by II)
* Fix ground battle not promptly removing its ongoing stability penalty
* Fix ground battle abilities not being blocked by active station
* Player officers on new game no longer have random personalities
* Fix Ancyra not having comm directory officials
* Fix post-tutorial faction change of Derinkuyu Mining Station
* Fix multiple Remnant station build missions going to same system
* Fix being able to mine with nearby hostile fleet; fix info option not showing if mining strength is zero
* Fix Militia Power UNGP rule not applying to ships properly
* Safety for ground battle AI ability use
* Fix rep multiplier for returning freshly captured markets while commissioned
* Increment faction respawn count only on launching invasion, not on getting back in the game
* Fix Stalwart/Weak-Willed faction traits being applied improperly
* Maybe fix a minor memory leak involving player marine XP in ground battles
* Fix station insta-construction in build station missions
* Don't spawn Return the Data Core mission in random sector

### Modding ###
* Alliances can have permanent members
* Add "Forever War" diplomacy trait, removes war weariness gains
    * Used by Luddic Path
* Add `$nex_npc_no_invade` memory key to prevent NPCs from targeting a market for invasions
* AIM merc companies can now have their own ship name prefix, and can have their upfront fee modified by fleet value
* AIM merc FleetMemberAPIs have an identifying buff (`nex_mercBuff`)
* Update Prism's HVB check to use MagicBounties instead of Bounties Expanded
* Make sure some mission fleets don't get cleaned up by ClearCommands
* Fix non-externalized strings in NexUtilsMarket.pickEntityDestination
* Don't hard crash if random sector bonus items lack generators, just write a warning to log
[close]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 11:10:11 PM by Histidine »

Galactusx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: January 28, 2022, 06:39:10 PM »

Is it save compatable?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4432 on: January 28, 2022, 07:00:22 PM »

Is it save compatable?
Nex updates are usually save compatible with the immediately prior version, and nobody's reported issues yet :)

ChronosEdge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: January 28, 2022, 08:54:59 PM »

So i dont know if the problem is this mod or archean order, but when i play in the tutorial start everything works fine until i have to turn in the AI core then the game dosent let me give the core to the stations commander i just get a generic message.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: January 28, 2022, 10:22:42 PM »

* New game creation
    * Starting officers are all level 1 (instead of e.g. 3-2-1) and mentored
It appears that flagging officers as "mentored" doesn't give them bonus exp meaning you end up with unmentorable officers.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4435 on: January 29, 2022, 01:45:09 AM »

Made a quick hotfix .jar that fixes the starting officer bonus XP issue and a crash with merging alliances. (Place in Nexerelin/jars)

Also found out that old saves will fail to load if any mining fleets are currently returning home or unloading. If that happens, roll back to the previous version of Nex, save when the mining fleets are gone, then update again.

So i dont know if the problem is this mod or archean order, but when i play in the tutorial start everything works fine until i have to turn in the AI core then the game dosent let me give the core to the stations commander i just get a generic message.
Might be an Archean Order bug; I just tried it with Nex + minimal other mods, and it worked fine.

Epoch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: January 29, 2022, 05:02:57 AM »

Really love this mod!
There is a small problem to report:
In the launcher mods viewer, it still shows the version of 0.10.3y rather than 0.10.4, is that the result of replacing the hotfix jar?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 05:46:23 AM by Epoch »

ktarn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: January 29, 2022, 07:54:52 AM »

Just updated Nex today, only mod that needed an update, found the new mission with N and completed it, but now I can't save my game or make a save copy, not sure if its related or not but seems likely?

Can you please take a look, stacktrace below:

Spoiler
627389 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error saving game
627389 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  -
java.lang.StackOverflowError
   at java.nio.charset.CharsetEncoder.encode(Unknown Source)
   at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implWrite(Unknown Source)
   at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.write(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.write(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.xml.internal.stream.writers.XMLStreamWriterImpl.closeStartTag(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.xml.internal.stream.writers.XMLStreamWriterImpl.writeCharacters(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.xml.internal.txw2.output.DelegatingXMLStreamWriter.writeCharacters(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.xml.internal.txw2.output.IndentingXMLStreamWriter.onStartElement(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.xml.internal.txw2.output.IndentingXMLStreamWriter.writeStartElement(Unknown Source)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxWriter.startNode(StaxWriter.java:191)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.AbstractWriter.startNode(AbstractWriter.java:53)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.WriterWrapper.startNode(WriterWrapper.java:33)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.path.PathTrackingWriter.startNode(PathTrackingWriter.java:44)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.ExtendedHierarchicalStreamWriterHelper.startNode(ExtendedHierarchicalStreamWriterHelper.java:17)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter$2.writeField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:224)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter$2.<init>(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:213)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doMa rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:144)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.mars hal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:90)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceMarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceMarshaller.java:69)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeMarshaller.convertAnother(TreeMarshaller.java:58)
repeats a million times
[close]

My most recent save was just before I interacted with
Spoiler
the domain mothership
[close]
and that save point still seems to be fine, I can make copies/save with no issues.

Just a small update:
Spoiler
I went through the story again and did the fight with tri-tach and couldn't save the game again after that, same error.
[close]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 08:03:21 AM by ktarn »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: January 29, 2022, 09:24:22 AM »

Just updated Nex today, only mod that needed an update, found the new mission with N and completed it, but now I can't save my game or make a save copy, not sure if its related or not but seems likely?

Can you please take a look, stacktrace below:

Spoiler
627389 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error saving game
627389 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  -
java.lang.StackOverflowError
   at java.nio.charset.CharsetEncoder.encode(Unknown Source)
   at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implWrite(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.write(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.xml.internal.stream.writers.XMLStreamWriterImpl.closeStartTag(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.xml.internal.stream.writers.XMLStreamWriterImpl.writeCharacters(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.xml.internal.txw2.output.DelegatingXMLStreamWriter.writeCharacters(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.xml.internal.txw2.output.IndentingXMLStreamWriter.onStartElement(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.xml.internal.txw2.output.IndentingXMLStreamWriter.writeStartElement(Unknown Source)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxWriter.startNode(StaxWriter.java:191)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.AbstractWriter.startNode(AbstractWriter.java:53)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.WriterWrapper.startNode(WriterWrapper.java:33)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.path.PathTrackingWriter.startNode(PathTrackingWriter.java:44)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.ExtendedHierarchicalStreamWriterHelper.startNode(ExtendedHierarchicalStreamWriterHelper.java:17)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter$2.writeField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:224)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter$2.<init>(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:213)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doMa rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:144)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.mars hal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:90)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceMarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceMarshaller.java:69)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeMarshaller.convertAnother(TreeMarshaller.java:58)
repeats a million times
[close]

My most recent save was just before I interacted with
Spoiler
the domain mothership
[close]
and that save point still seems to be fine, I can make copies/save with no issues.

Just a small update:
Spoiler
I went through the story again and did the fight with tri-tach and couldn't save the game again after that, same error.
[close]
What's your full modlist? And is Beyond The Sector on it?

ktarn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: January 29, 2022, 10:29:15 AM »

What's your full modlist? And is Beyond The Sector on it?

Yes it is.

Here is my modlist:

Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "$$$_lightshow",
  "pantera_ANewLevel40R",
  "adjustable_skill_thresholds",
  "anotherportraitpack",
  "lw_autosave",
  "beyondthesector",
  "CaptainsLog",
  "chatter",