Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3048813 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.3i "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-12-17)
« Reply #4410 on: January 20, 2022, 08:02:30 AM »

Speaking of buildable outposts, there is issue with drone ships, like Remants or Derelicts, you can't stash them there, game tells "illegal to sell", but you can stash them on own colony.

Also how about of option, which generates abandoned stations where you can stash loot in random sector?
That bug's been fixed for a while. How old is your version of Nex?

Random sector already generates at least one abandoned station, but I think I'll make the spawn rate higher (vanilla has three IIRC).

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: January 20, 2022, 08:34:48 AM »

About drone ships in outposts, I need to check that, I just know what there is issue with them, but did not know if it was fixed. Version is 0.10.3i

About abandoned stations, I think its better to have option to configure, how much you want them.

Also speaking of bugs, I found one, dialog with Horus Yaribay about "mutual friend" is bugged, but he works fine if you ask him only about missions: https://imgur.com/a/4pOAnx9
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 12:20:39 PM by BreenBB »

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: January 20, 2022, 12:57:35 PM »

@hildstine i had just gotten the paragon and all those rem ships within months of this.  was trying to make a mad dash to bulk out my forces before the invasion.

Also i had taken one hege world in retaliation elsewhere and tritach had just launched a new colony.

edit: and as far as the weapon flux on the rem ships? well... i tried normal builds where i put everything into flux and reduced my weapons down to less then my regen and you know what? it got wrecked in simulations, but that 'autofit' build you noticed there where the weapons far exceed the flux? that thing for some reason does great.  so ya im more then a little confused myself lol.  i can only assume its the mod faction weapons involved throwing things off. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 12:34:46 PM by Warlord-616x »

Caiaphas_Cain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: January 20, 2022, 09:38:47 PM »

Has anyone had any issues with contacting the Remnant contact at Prism with the new version of Nex? I don't know if it's mod interferences or just the update, but I'm not getting the contact when I hit level 5 or level 10.

Nimiety

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: January 21, 2022, 05:10:34 AM »

Not sure if this has been reported, but you can actually invade planets while buying marines from the planet below you if you use invasion fleets to defeat the space station and don't engage any patrols. Beginning an invasion doesn't count as a hostile action that locks the market out, like blowing up space stations or ships does.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4415 on: January 21, 2022, 07:12:03 PM »

About abandoned stations, I think its better to have option to configure, how much you want them.

Also speaking of bugs, I found one, dialog with Horus Yaribay about "mutual friend" is bugged, but he works fine if you ask him only about missions: https://imgur.com/a/4pOAnx9
Personally I think abandoned stations aren't important enough to clutter up the start settings GUI, or even the settings files, with. At least nobody has asked for it before.

The dialog bug is in vanilla, I reported it a couple of days ago and David's fixed it for next version :)

Not sure if this has been reported, but you can actually invade planets while buying marines from the planet below you if you use invasion fleets to defeat the space station and don't engage any patrols. Beginning an invasion doesn't count as a hostile action that locks the market out, like blowing up space stations or ships does.
It works fine if you start the invasion yourself, but there's a bug where joining an NPC-started invasion indeed doesn't cause the lockout. I fixed this yesterday, it'll be in the next update.

Has anyone had any issues with contacting the Remnant contact at Prism with the new version of Nex? I don't know if it's mod interferences or just the update, but I'm not getting the contact when I hit level 5 or level 10.
You're checking the Prism bar, right?
The requirements are: 180 ingame days have passed, you haven't seen the mission dialog before, the market where the mission is being given (usually Prism) is under independents control, and the mission generation hasn't broken in some way (like there are no other independent markets to serve as the mission target, and the contact person hasn't somehow been removed from the game). If the conditions are met and you're still not getting the mission offer, then something's going wrong somewhere; I could look at the save if needed.

edit: and as far as the weapon flux on the rem ships? well... i tried normal builds where i put everything into flux and reduced my weapons down to less then my regen and you know what? it got wrecked in simulations, but that 'autofit' build you noticed there where the weapons far exceed the flux? that thing for some reason does great.  so ya im more then a little confused myself lol.  i can only assume its the mod faction weapons involved throwing things off. 
You don't want dissipation less than weapon flux, that's a complete waste. Offensive weapon flux (+ shields) being somewhat but not too high above dissipation (I've heard 1.5x being a good benchmark) is what you want, it allows spending capacity on offensive power without the AI (or a player!) running itself up to the edge of overload.

Also it depends on the weapons involved; the good energy weapons are all pretty flux-intensive, so rationing is needed.

Nox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: January 21, 2022, 11:55:45 PM »

I have a request.  With this mod there is a lot of destabilization and decivilization that happens due to the mod-driven conflicts.

Here's my specific ask :

When a planet decivilizes, instead of removing the population and industry from it, do the following :

Change the controlling faction to 'poor' faction
Destabilization factor adds to depopulation rate
planet can lose population ranks via pop loss

also suggest :

planet spawns 'refugee' fleets, poor faction, that head to growing colonies and create a 'refugee' subpopulation which causes mild unrest but gives a big growth bonus
planet agriculture production remains, all other production is reduces,

--
No good deed goes unpunished.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: January 22, 2022, 01:45:07 AM »

It's a weird ask, but can Prism have it's own Faction under the hood?

That way their unconquerable status ceases to matter as much.

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: January 22, 2022, 02:16:55 AM »

Personally I think abandoned stations aren't important enough to clutter up the start settings GUI, or even the settings files, with. At least nobody has asked for it before.

When outposts was bugged and didn't allow Remnant ships to be stashed they was definitely useful until you get own colony. Still, outposts costs money, so stations can still be useful, speaking of generation, I think maybe its good idea make them configurable in settings file, at least their quantity needs to be three or more, not less, since alot of people, myself included didn't even know what they are spawned at all in random sector.

Trabber Shir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: January 22, 2022, 06:43:00 AM »

I am not sure how this could be fixed, but losing access to your marines because your faction signed a ceasefire with a faction you were invading feels incredibly wrong. I am think they are in storage, but since I destroyed the station it will be "many months" before I can access that storage.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4420 on: January 23, 2022, 05:26:20 PM »

I have a request.  With this mod there is a lot of destabilization and decivilization that happens due to the mod-driven conflicts.

Here's my specific ask :

When a planet decivilizes, instead of removing the population and industry from it, do the following :

Change the controlling faction to 'poor' faction
Destabilization factor adds to depopulation rate
planet can lose population ranks via pop loss

also suggest :

planet spawns 'refugee' fleets, poor faction, that head to growing colonies and create a 'refugee' subpopulation which causes mild unrest but gives a big growth bonus
planet agriculture production remains, all other production is reduces,
Interesting idea! I might do this in a version or two if I'm interested enough.
If I do implement this I'll need to think about stuff like how the planet recovers (if it ever does), and how it interacts with other mechanics (can it be invaded, for instance?)

It's a weird ask, but can Prism have it's own Faction under the hood?

That way their unconquerable status ceases to matter as much.
Hmm I don't really want to make a new faction just for one market. Might just make the non-hyperspace version no longer uninvadable.

I am not sure how this could be fixed, but losing access to your marines because your faction signed a ceasefire with a faction you were invading feels incredibly wrong. I am think they are in storage, but since I destroyed the station it will be "many months" before I can access that storage.
If the battle ends due to a ceasefire the units should get returned directly to fleet cargo. Are you seeing different behavior?

Kiddin Me

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: January 24, 2022, 06:40:02 PM »

I took a decent break from StarSector, and I must say, your efforts with SpaceLand battle are extremely impressive!

I will say, I'm still voting for some faction-level modifiers to fix core bugbears (like certain Path and Pirate markets being stuck in perpetual shortages/surpluses) and add flavor.

Not a critical change, obviously, but one I'd enjoy, if only because it feels goofy at best (if I ignore it) and exploitative at worst (if I use it to generate tons of money).

Plus, it adds flavor!

Edit: to make a slightly more substantive contribution, any interest in adding the dedicated mining tools from Stop Gap Measure to the mining set?

The mining array is literally 3 mining lasers bolted together, while the Heavy Mining Beam is similarly intended to be a dedicated tool repurposed.

I personally set the array to 4.5 (3 mining lasers) and the beam to 8 (slightly less expensive than the mining blaster, so consistent).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 08:08:23 PM by Kiddin Me »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: January 25, 2022, 09:42:11 AM »

Hiya Histidine

Got a question regarding colony expeditions. One of the aspects of my mod, Hiver Swarm, is that they are aggressive colonizers. In the mod's .json file under config I have the lines:

"colonyExpeditionChance":1.5,
   "colonyTargetValuator":"exerelin.campaign.colony.ColonyTargetValuator",

I went with 1.5 so they would be more often picked however I have received a few comments from users, as well as my own observations, that they never send out colony fleets even on long term games. I think this may be due to their home planets being so far away from the core but I am unsure. I do see you have a maxColonyDistance command in your wiki but I  have not seen that line in any of your .json files so I am unsure if I should use it (and if so should it be "Float": 28 ?). Or is there another command I should be setting elsewhere in the mod?

Thank you for all the work you've put into this excellent mod and your attention to detal.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4423 on: January 26, 2022, 12:45:49 AM »

Thanks!

I will say, I'm still voting for some faction-level modifiers to fix core bugbears (like certain Path and Pirate markets being stuck in perpetual shortages/surpluses) and add flavor.

Not a critical change, obviously, but one I'd enjoy, if only because it feels goofy at best (if I ignore it) and exploitative at worst (if I use it to generate tons of money).

Plus, it adds flavor!

Edit: to make a slightly more substantive contribution, any interest in adding the dedicated mining tools from Stop Gap Measure to the mining set?

The mining array is literally 3 mining lasers bolted together, while the Heavy Mining Beam is similarly intended to be a dedicated tool repurposed.

I personally set the array to 4.5 (3 mining lasers) and the beam to 8 (slightly less expensive than the mining blaster, so consistent).
At some point I might go ahead and implement the faction-specific market bonuses (an idea that came up before), then Pathers could have an access bonus so they don't have perpetually exploitable shortages.

For mod mining weapons, my expectation is that the mod sets their own mining strengths. It can be done easily in the MagicLib shared config file.

Hiya Histidine

Got a question regarding colony expeditions. One of the aspects of my mod, Hiver Swarm, is that they are aggressive colonizers. In the mod's .json file under config I have the lines:

I went with 1.5 so they would be more often picked however I have received a few comments from users, as well as my own observations, that they never send out colony fleets even on long term games. I think this may be due to their home planets being so far away from the core but I am unsure. I do see you have a maxColonyDistance command in your wiki but I  have not seen that line in any of your .json files so I am unsure if I should use it (and if so should it be "Float": 28 ?). Or is there another command I should be setting elsewhere in the mod?

Range setting looks like this (example from Interstellar Imperium):
Code: json
    "maxColonyDistance":10.0,
Note that it checks from the randomly picked expedition origin location, not the sector core, so it should work as long as the distance isn't too tiny to find nearby stars (even at near-zero it might be able to use currently uninhabited planets in the same system).

Also the colonizing faction is picked from all eligible factions, so if there are a bunch of factions with colony settings set, even a fairly large chance can get drowned out.

Quick thing to check: Does the faction correctly launch invasions, raids, etc.? Because only factions that are 'alive' in Nex terms will form new colonies.

Hmm, depending on your faction lore/intended behavior, you could also have a script generate your own colony expeditions (the Nex one, or a custom one for your own mod) using whatever logic is desired.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: January 26, 2022, 02:51:59 AM »

Hiya Histidine

Range setting looks like this (example from Interstellar Imperium):
Code: json
    "maxColonyDistance":10.0,
Note that it checks from the randomly picked expedition origin location, not the sector core, so it should work as long as the distance isn't too tiny to find nearby stars (even at near-zero it might be able to use currently uninhabited planets in the same system).

Also the colonizing faction is picked from all eligible factions, so if there are a bunch of factions with colony settings set, even a fairly large chance can get drowned out.

Quick thing to check: Does the faction correctly launch invasions, raids, etc.? Because only factions that are 'alive' in Nex terms will form new colonies.

Hmm, depending on your faction lore/intended behavior, you could also have a script generate your own colony expeditions (the Nex one, or a custom one for your own mod) using whatever logic is desired.

Thank you for the in depth reply. Personally I run pretty much every faction mod so I can check for compatibility so I figured that was the case but when I started receiving replies that it was happening to other people, I figured I would do a deep dive. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Interstellar Imperium's .json (excellent mod) I'll look it over. As to invasions, oh yea they apparently HATE the Lud and invade them any time they form a small colony.

Thank you for allowing me to go over and maybe use some of your colony code. I'll be posting an update soon and I wanted to nail this part down. You are the best!
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 399