Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014748 times)

HollandOats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.3i "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-12-17)
« Reply #4380 on: January 10, 2022, 08:35:18 AM »

Is there a way to spawn a large invasion fleet using the console command mod? I've used the SpawnInvasionFleet command but the few times I've used it it tends to spawn pretty small, non-threatening fleets.

Similarly is there a way to use the console to spawn rebellions on planets (Preferably with an option to change how strong they are)?

I've been looking for a way to role-play removing the decivilized subpop market condition and figured that creating a large invasion/rebellion to put down would be a fun option.
The console command uses the standard scaling of invasion fleet size to target strength; for custom size you'd need to figure out a runcode command.

To spawn a new rebellion you can use this command, replacing the market ID appropriately:
runcode exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel.startDebugEvent("<internal market ID>")

I tried the command for spawning rebellions but it doesn't seem to work for colonized planets. It works fine if I want to spawn a rebellion on one of the planets present at the beginning of the game (With the rebellion spawning right when I close the console) but not for anything created after it seems (No errors pop up but a rebellion doesn't get spawned). I used the "list markets" command to get the ids if that makes a difference.

603bill

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: January 10, 2022, 11:45:36 AM »

Someone help.  I'm trying to turn nexerelin off and it won't let me.

Spoiler
106991 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: exerelin/utilities/NexConfig
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: exerelin/utilities/NexConfig
   at data.scripts.everyframe.SWP_PluginStarter.init(SWP_PluginStarter.java:36)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.L$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.A.new.รต00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.prepare(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: exerelin.utilities.NexConfig
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 11 more
[close]

TontonBoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: January 10, 2022, 12:38:23 PM »

I'm trying to turn nexerelin off

If you mean "trying to uninstall it mid playthrough" then it's not gonna happen. You just can't AFAIK. Need to start from scratch with Nex or start from scratch without Nex. Can't redo afterwards.

nathanebht

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: January 10, 2022, 01:05:45 PM »

Disabling a faction with Nexerelin still leaves their ships and weapons in the game. I'd like to play without a vanilla faction, their faction ships and their faction weapons.

I always end up using certain Tri Tachyon ships and weapons. They are too good! Thought it might be fun to play without them being available. Have only factions from mods and pirates. Is this possible without a lot of effort?

603bill

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: January 10, 2022, 02:58:16 PM »

If you mean "trying to uninstall it mid playthrough" then it's not gonna happen. You just can't AFAIK. Need to start from scratch with Nex or start from scratch without Nex. Can't redo afterwards.

You see, several mods updated today that break saves, so when I updated them I thought "I'm not really using much of the nexerelin features anyway."  So after deleting the old save I close the game and disable nex, but that causes the game to crash during the preload.  I can see that SWP is referenced in the crash, but I cant find what its referencing.

Fuzzatron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.2c "Mercenaries and Patriots" (fixes 2021-06-12)
« Reply #4385 on: January 10, 2022, 03:40:59 PM »

I think that part of the frustration with these features comes from players being used to being able to do whatever they want to the AI unopposed. When the AI is no longer stupid and no longer bends over all the time, they feel threatened.

I'd argue that scavengers trying to claim debris from the fleet that literally blew all those ships up in the first place is pretty damn stupid.
Admittedly that's a special case, but it's clearly the AI trying to bend the player over here.

False: this is not my feelings at all.  Also, this is like a year later and this garbage behavior still isn't fixed.

You say that it makes sense for independents to be mad I fought one of them; clearly you didn't actually read my post.  I AM INDEPENDANT AND I WAS THERE FIRST.  If they would be mad that I killed the vultures they should be just as mad that the vultures attack me.  They literally are acting like pirates and then patrols jump in.  Get you player-punishing double standards out of my 4x.  There's no place for them here.

I will repeat myself because no one reads:  It's nonsensical that the patrols (especially when I just saved them)  would side with the vultures.  That's the problem.  It makes literally no rational sense.  It's just arbitrary garbage that a logical person could never predict and plan for because it flies in the face of basic human behavior.  It's just "to make things harder" and that's just awful, uncreative, *** false difficultly.

Would it be easy to change a setting that just makes them into pirates instead of independents because that's what they literally are?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: January 10, 2022, 04:09:07 PM »

You see, several mods updated today that break saves, so when I updated them I thought "I'm not really using much of the nexerelin features anyway."  So after deleting the old save I close the game and disable nex, but that causes the game to crash during the preload.  I can see that SWP is referenced in the crash, but I cant find what its referencing.
Nex is a dependency for some mods (although I couldn't tell you which), and you might not be lucky enough to have all of them labelled as such.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.2c "Mercenaries and Patriots" (fixes 2021-06-12)
« Reply #4387 on: January 10, 2022, 05:21:58 PM »

Disabling a faction with Nexerelin still leaves their ships and weapons in the game. I'd like to play without a vanilla faction, their faction ships and their faction weapons.

I always end up using certain Tri Tachyon ships and weapons. They are too good! Thought it might be fun to play without them being available. Have only factions from mods and pirates. Is this possible without a lot of effort?
If you disable TT, any faction that knows the same ships/weapons/fighters that TT does will still have them.
I can't think of a feasible way for the mod to change this behavior in the context of shared tech types (whether the specific items are added to the relevant BP package by vanilla or a mod), unfortunately. Although removing a particular ship/weapon/wing from its blueprint package is a matter of editing the relevant CSV files.

I think that part of the frustration with these features comes from players being used to being able to do whatever they want to the AI unopposed. When the AI is no longer stupid and no longer bends over all the time, they feel threatened.

I'd argue that scavengers trying to claim debris from the fleet that literally blew all those ships up in the first place is pretty damn stupid.
Admittedly that's a special case, but it's clearly the AI trying to bend the player over here.

False: this is not my feelings at all.  Also, this is like a year later and this garbage behavior still isn't fixed.

You say that it makes sense for independents to be mad I fought one of them; clearly you didn't actually read my post.  I AM INDEPENDANT AND I WAS THERE FIRST.  If they would be mad that I killed the vultures they should be just as mad that the vultures attack me.  They literally are acting like pirates and then patrols jump in.  Get you player-punishing double standards out of my 4x.  There's no place for them here.

I will repeat myself because no one reads:  It's nonsensical that the patrols (especially when I just saved them)  would side with the vultures.  That's the problem.  It makes literally no rational sense.  It's just arbitrary garbage that a logical person could never predict and plan for because it flies in the face of basic human behavior.  It's just "to make things harder" and that's just awful, uncreative, *** false difficultly.

Would it be easy to change a setting that just makes them into pirates instead of independents because that's what they literally are?
ask your mom

(I could have posted useful and relevant information here, but that's for people who try to have a useful discussion to begin with)

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: January 10, 2022, 06:18:46 PM »

Granted, we have discussed the idea that the vultures feel distinctly non-granular w/r/t rep and claim-jumping with the NPCs being totally unable to respect you getting there first, and even system authorities potentially being "hey knock it off" if two indeps start a firefight in their volume

but the answer is "some of those game systems aren't really a thing Histidine can reasonably mod, and even if they are moddable, there's better uses of Histidine's time" and that without the vultures big invasions just become endless loot pinatas

Trabber Shir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: January 12, 2022, 07:32:52 AM »

I am probably missing something obvious, but how do I get to the ground combat in the "Ground Pound" tutorial mission? I cannot find any menu options on the planet different from any other colony. And NPC which explains the elements of the tactical screen turns out to not be very useful to someone who cannot find the tactical screen.

Edit: flying away to work on something else resulted in the mission completing and getting the dinner invite ground side. I smashed a pirate fleet on my way in and never landed my marines, so I don't think it worked as an introduction to the ground combat system.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 07:41:51 AM by Trabber Shir »

OperaWolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: January 12, 2022, 07:43:46 AM »

I am probably missing something obvious, but how do I get to the ground combat in the "Ground Pound" tutorial mission? I cannot find any menu options on the planet different from any other colony. And NPC which explains the elements of the tactical screen turns out to not be very useful to someone who cannot find the tactical screen.

Confused me as well. In your Intel panel (E on the keyboard) there'll be a section for the invasion in there. I just found it via the "New" tab in Intel, honestly; not sure how to find it otherwise. Anyway, if you click on it, it'll bring up the the planetary invasion screen and let you move your troops and use abilities. It's turn-based and one turn equals one in-game day; if you want to just run through it, orbit the planet, progress time until a day passes and the invasion popup updates, manage the next turn via Intel, repeat until finished.

I agree though, it could use a reworked tutorial. I had to Google it and I'm pretty good at extrapolation/messing around until I figure things out.

MapleDaddy__ TTV

• Ensign
  • Twitch.tv/MapleDaddy__ I stream often
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: January 12, 2022, 09:00:04 AM »

Is there any way to solve Legio's war weariness issues? they accrue so much and never declare war or want to go to war, I like allying with them for my playthroughs, but when they vote no on literally every war declaration because they have almost 200k war weariness, it make things hard to enjoy being in an alliance with them. https://i.imgur.com/SSr2xtg.png
The war weariness mechanic wasn't really meant for hostile-to-all factions like Legio. I could implement a new trait to negate this effect like Timid suggested elsewhere, assuming I don't find another solution.

(On that note, are they already hostile to the target of the war vote? I probably ought to make this situation an automatic yes vote)

Sorry bout the late reply, I forgot to check for a reply. I don't forums often haha. Thing is, Legio actively seeks out peace when allied with the player, voting yes for peace on everything, and rarely ever voting yes for war. It can even be observed how the war weariness affects Legio in that within the first cycle of the player making their first colony, and by extension, their faction, Legio reaches out for a ceasefire, allowing the player to explore Legio's system with them just being inhospitable. Legio is supposed to be a late game, pirate-like megafaction, they have nearly 100k ground defense on their capital for example, and from what I gather, Legio should love to be at war. They have Stalwart for -33% weariness gains, but it isn't enough, not even close.

Unclius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: January 13, 2022, 07:04:47 AM »

Hi guys, I cant find any information on how to acquire my procured ships. I have 3 of them apparently waiting but I cant find the button or GUI to claim them or even know where they go to be claimed, any help would be super appreciated.

TMPhoenix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: January 13, 2022, 07:54:37 AM »

If you are referring to ships you had built by an npc, you can pick those up from the storage at the same planet you ordered them.

Unclius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: January 13, 2022, 01:02:22 PM »

If you are referring to ships you had built by an npc, you can pick those up from the storage at the same planet you ordered them.

Did I make a mistake by not buying the storage first? The ship got acquired but I didn't own a storage in that station yet. Even after buying it, it didnt pop up there, so I assume I have to buy a storage first before asking an agent to perform an acquisition?
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 396